Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
drksd4848
All Star Starter

OOTP 14.4.23 is running SUPER slow on my Mac

I have OS X 10.6.8 and an older Macbook pro, although every build up until 14.3.x ran OK.

Animations are running very sluggish, quick plays are slower, menu animations are choppy.

Anyone also experience this or know how to fix it? Glanced at the forums but couldn't find anything related to it.

Thanks for the help. Also, sorry if I'm in the wrong forum for this...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

I had the same issue. Hopefully it's fixed in the upcoming patch.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon J. Scudworth View Post
I had the same issue. Hopefully it's fixed in the upcoming patch.
Yup... That would be it. Exact same problem. Did you go back to 14.3?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Yup... That would be it. Exact same problem. Did you go back to 14.3?
Yes. The issue went away.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason

Last edited by Cinnamon J. Scudworth; 08-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
braunfullyaccused
Minors (Single A)

I too had an issue, including a freezing problem.

If you haven't in quite some time, try repairing your Permissions in the disk utility. Seemed to have done the trick.

Although I have 8GB in the MBP, I've noticed an issue where OOTP seems to get RAM hungry from time to time and does slow considerably.
braunfullyaccused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by braunfullyaccused View Post
I too had an issue, including a freezing problem.

If you haven't in quite some time, try repairing your Permissions in the disk utility. Seemed to have done the trick.

Although I have 8GB in the MBP, I've noticed an issue where OOTP seems to get RAM hungry from time to time and does slow considerably.
Nope, didn't work. Still choppy. I shouldn't have bought 14. Too many issues and it runs so slowly. Going back to 13.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nope, didn't work. Still choppy. I shouldn't have bought 14. Too many issues and it runs so slowly. Going back to 13.
Why not try going back to 14.3, like Cinnamon did/suggested? Your game, you do what you like, but why not try everything before giving up on it. Perhaps you did already and it's still borked, in which case disregard this post.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Why not try going back to 14.3, like Cinnamon did/suggested? Your game, you do what you like, but why not try everything before giving up on it. Perhaps you did already and it's still borked, in which case disregard this post.
Been there done that. 14.3 had it's issues too - not necessarily with the graphics, but with free agents etc. I was having a perfectly fine time with 13, so I'll go back until there is another patch... if there's another patch.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #10
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Been there done that. 14.3 had it's issues too - not necessarily with the graphics, but with free agents etc. I was having a perfectly fine time with 13, so I'll go back until there is another patch... if there's another patch.
Sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye out for issues like that with Windows, but so far so good. *fingers crossed*
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye out for issues like that with Windows, but so far so good. *fingers crossed*
Thanks. Actually, the windows version of 14.4 if I remember right, runs just fine on my work station (it's in pieces now because I've moved). But I do want to go back to 13 because I noticed some funky free agent issues in 14, such as teams in my Indy league not signing them for whatever reason.

I want to see if this is how it was in 13 so I can figure out if it's the game or just me!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
drksd4848
All Star Starter

I think i figured out what the problem is!!!

It's a bug in the resolution settings!

I reinstalled 14.4.23. I adjusted the resolution settings and it ran smoothly (or at least reasonably so). I closed the game, reopened, back to choppy and sluggish.

Repeated, same problem. Started program, choppy. Adjusted resolution, smooth. Closed and reopened, back to choppy.

Now, it could be just mine (that would suck) but considering the other versions below ran smooth all the time, I think it's a bug in the program.

I'm going to repost in the bug report forum.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 14.4.23 is running SUPER slow on my Mac

Quote:

It's a bug in the resolution settings!

I reinstalled 14.4.23. I adjusted the resolution settings and it ran smoothly (or at least reasonably so). I closed the game, reopened, back to choppy and sluggish.

Repeated, same problem. Started program, choppy. Adjusted resolution, smooth. Closed and reopened, back to choppy.

Now, it could be just mine (that would suck) but considering the other versions below ran smooth all the time, I think it's a bug in the program.

I'm going to repost in the bug report forum.
What resolution settings work/don't work?
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
What resolution settings work/don't work?
Actually, all of them work. What you have to do (and something you shouldn't have to do, hence it's gotta be a bug) is go into preferences and change the resolution to another one every time you restart the game.

As in, your rez is 1600X900 and it's running choppy. You have to change it to any other rez, like say maximize or full screen, and it willl run smooth. But every time you close out and restart, it will run choppy again no matter what the resolution is. Therefore, you have to switch to another rez, say the original rez - 1600x900 and it will start run smooth.

At least that is what happens on my Macbook... YMMV.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 03-31-2021, 05:49 PM   #15
mmarra82
Major Leagues

It sounds as though I am in the same boat. Have run the past 7-8 versions of the game on my Mac, but no luck with 22. Based on what I am reading sounds like I am out of luck. Have a i-Mac 27 inch, late 2013 with a 3.2 GHz Intel. My machine is not compatible to run macOS 11 Big Sur. The machine is out of date (older than 2014).
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote