Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 09-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #821
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

While I have found most facegen's I was looking for I can't seem to find this little prankster and one of my all-time favorite players. Loved to watch him play.

Bip Roberts

Little bit of info on him:

"One of baseball's smallest at 5'7", 150 pounds, Roberts relied on his speed to make his slight frame stand out from his larger contemporaries.

He may not have looked like the most athletic person, but his 204 stolen bases from 1989-1995 made him one of the most reliable leadoff men of his generation."

I unfortunately couldn't find many close up images of him straight on and with his mouth closed. Hoping you can work some magic.
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #822
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodoMojo View Post
While I have found most facegen's I was looking for I can't seem to find this little prankster and one of my all-time favorite players. Loved to watch him play.

Bip Roberts

Little bit of info on him:

"One of baseball's smallest at 5'7", 150 pounds, Roberts relied on his speed to make his slight frame stand out from his larger contemporaries.

He may not have looked like the most athletic person, but his 204 stolen bases from 1989-1995 made him one of the most reliable leadoff men of his generation."

I unfortunately couldn't find many close up images of him straight on and with his mouth closed. Hoping you can work some magic.
I finished this and I thought I had the face to "heavy", but after looking in game and then with the angle similar to the photo I now feel that I got this right...but if you want him "thinned down" I can do that quickly for you.

James
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg bip_roberts.fg (7.8 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 09-06-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #823
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I finished this and I thought I had the face to "heavy", but after looking in game and then with the angle similar to the photo I now feel that I got this right...but if you want him "thinned down" I can do that quickly for you.

James
This looks really good and I'm pretty happy with it, you really pulled his features from that picture well.

I would be interested in a thinner/slightly smaller version just to see though.

Either way...thanks. I do appreciate you taking the time to do this and try not to take it for granted.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #824
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodoMojo View Post
This looks really good and I'm pretty happy with it, you really pulled his features from that picture well.

I would be interested in a thinner/slightly smaller version just to see though.

Either way...thanks. I do appreciate you taking the time to do this and try not to take it for granted.
Here is the thinned out version. It does not look like him in facegen program or in game. I think the version I did is dead on. I check all the angles of the face to verify and if you look from top of ear to bottom and see the shape and then go from the bottom to the chin you will see that this lines up well. Then to make sure the head is the right size I put theimage in photoshop and make both the same size (approx) and measure the distance between the center of the eye and the edge of the head. Well here it is
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: fg bip_roberts (2).fg (7.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 09-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #825
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Thank you very much. I finally ended a long time single player league I've been doing and wanted to add a bunch of FaceGen's for my fresh start to up the immersion level. It's little additions like this that really add to the experience.

I can assure you these will be used for quite some time...appreciate it.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #826
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Was a bit bored today so I startede reading through other threads and came across a photo of a high school kid and he looked young so I decided to age him in facegen using techniques I use to age some of my own players that I use in OOTP. AFTER completing the facegen I said to myself, there has to be an image of this guy somewhere in uniform, did asearch and found him. I compared what I thought he MAY look like with the actual baseball card and I was amazed. Let me know what you think. The image was created with his high school photo only and I did the search only after completing this facegen. Anyone interested in how I did this I will post it, but you will need facegen to create an aged player or photoshop to manipulate the image via the facegen output image.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg katawc001fre.fg (7.1 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 09-08-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #827
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Was a bit bored today so I startede reading through other threads and came across a photo of a high school kid and he looked young so I decided to age him in facegen using techniques I use to age some of my own players that I use in OOTP. AFTER completing the facegen I said to myself, there has to be an image of this guy somewhere in uniform, did asearch and found him. I compared what I thought he MAY look like with the actual baseball card and I was amazed. Let me know what you think. The image was created with his high school photo only and I did the search only after completing this facegen. Anyone interested in how I did this I will post it, but you will need facegen to create an aged player or photoshop to manipulate the image via the facegen output image.
I may be an old dog, but I would still like to learn some new tricks!
Old 09-09-2018, 01:06 AM   #828
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
I may be an old dog, but I would still like to learn some new tricks!
As you can see my facegen is not an exact example of what he looks like after 10 years but was remarkably close. I used basic science. A face can change over time but facial points do not - so with the younger image I altered the facegen in the following manner:

1. Expected a weight gain of either muscle (as an athlete) or heavier due to normal weight gain as we age. The above photo was of a 16-17 year old and my image what I expected him to look like 6-10 years later. I widened the head by about 5% and expanded the temporal region slightly to make him a little wider.

2. I darkened the skin tone to reflect normal changes as we age.

3 Made the chin slightly larger and deepened it a bit.

4. Added texture (very slight) under the eyes and toned it a shade darker than the skin that was very much the same flat color in my original facegen.

5. Darkened the eyes slighty.

Basically I took what I observed in my own life from looking at photos from my teen years to my mid 20's. and I studied this a bit when I was younger taking a forensic class as an elective study while in school.

I may also add that I have in the past taken facegens of players and made them younger by doing the opposite of above. Making the head thinner, bringing in the temple and jaw lines, enlarging the eyes slightly, making the skin tone lighter, brightening the eye whites and adding lighter coloring to the eyes, extending the chin a bit. A while back I took the Babe Ruth image in the facegen historical collection and made him younger so that he looked 19 on the Red Sox and not 39. It was not perfect but passable and acceptable.

I hope this helps you. I am cleaning up my personal collection of facegens, deleting multiples of a player. Some of my players facegen sets have 5 or more facegens. I delete the bad and eliminate them until I only have one. I then will make a facegen from the facegen and save it as long as I need to use it. I do the same with players that have beards., I keep the facegen without facial hair and then just edit the facegen export image adding a beard and use this as the base for my new facegen with facial hair. Little tricks like this make it easy to get the desired output.

I will end it here. But I can teach more examples of how I do things with facegen and photoshop to get really nice output. How I remove shade and shadows off images, how to get facegens from angled photos or side views. Their are many tricks and I can usually get a facegen off any image.

i

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 09-09-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #829
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Random Minor Leaguer - Wilmer Aaron (71-76)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=aaron-001wil

Just looking through the BB-Ref player register for fun ( I know I need a life) and came across this guy. I don't know much about this guy, but I do know he could hit....had good speed and at least a average to above average fielder. Why did I post him here? Don't know but I did add him to my collection and wanted to share,

Could not find a picture anywhere of him, other than one him as a 60 something high school baseball coach. Made what I consider a younger version of a facegen of him at approximately 22 years old, I feel if I got the critical facial points right in facegen the image I created could be right....anyhow I am going to use him, and keep this facegen untilI find a picture of him during his playing career which ended 42 years ago....

BTW, he may appear to be very thin in my depiction of him, but during his playing days he was listed at 5'8" and 155 lbs. Not really a giant by any means.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg aaron-001wil.fg (8.0 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 09-09-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:10 PM   #830
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

More info on Wilmer Aaron

1. I could not find any coaching history on him after 2013 - I hope he is still doing well. Was a very successful coach at Serra High School in Gardena, CA

2. Interesting fact: He is a cousin of Hank Aaron, Now that I look at the image he has similar facial attributes.

3. Has given seminars as a motivational speaker.

I haven't been able to find out more about this man. Maybe others on the board know of his history.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:39 AM   #831
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I'm no Outlaw Jim but I didn't like the facegen for Jack Stivetts so I tried to improve it some.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg jack_stivetts.fg (16.1 KB, 127 views)

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:41 AM   #832
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Also didn't care for Ed Seward.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg Ed_Seward.fg (20.6 KB, 115 views)

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:42 AM   #833
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Hey Outlaw,

I think you were saying you had about 500 MiLB players from this past season done. Do you have them all in a zip/rar to share? Been looking for some fg's of a few players.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #834
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Does anyone know of a good facegen for Spec's Toporcer ...

Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #835
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrocker View Post
Does anyone know of a good facegen for Spec's Toporcer ...

Here you go -

I really don't like the fg files with glasses, they look bd when the game puts the image at a view other than straight ahead. I do have a technique to add the frames to the side of the head,but it adds time to the process.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: fg specs_toporcer.fg (6.7 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 11-16-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #836
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Quote:
Here you go -

I really don't like the fg files with glasses, they look bd when the game puts the image at a view other than straight ahead. I do have a technique to add the frames to the side of the head,but it adds time to the process.

Thank you very much...

Last edited by Fredrocker; 11-17-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #837
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Wow... that really looks good in game.

James
Old 11-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #838
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Could somebody help me out with Randy Acevedo for my league. He came out of nowhere in 2020 in my league pitching real well for the Royals.
Attached Images
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #839
Pontuzzza
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Could somebody help me out with Randy Acevedo for my league. He came out of nowhere in 2020 in my league pitching real well for the Royals.
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: fg Randy_Acevedo.fg (7.9 KB, 135 views)
Pontuzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #840
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Thanks Pontu, looks great bud!
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote