Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #181
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Neutered stats are chosen at league creation.
Can't be changed now, oh well, looks like I'm out of luck then. Thank you
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #182
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The odb file is required UNLESS you are importing players individually. Then you must rename it while you are importing and put it back when done. The odb file is an OOTP compiled form of all the csv files. Without it historical leagues won't load if the individual csv's are too large.

Neutered stats are chosen at league creation.
Do you have to rename it or can you just move it out of your stats foldder when importing individual players? Seems like moving it or renaming it accomplish the same thing.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #183
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Sprtize Hef keeps mentioning that with one or all of your HS DB's that players import to the team that they are most closely associated with. I have yet to see this with the most recent DB i got from you. Can you confirm or deny this. Eddie Collins and Joe Jackson both went to A's not CLE or SOX. I am in 1910.

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #184
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Spritze Hef keeps mentioning that with one or all of your HS DB's that players import to the team that they are most closely associated with. I have yet to see this with the most recent DB i got from you. Can you confirm or deny this. Eddie Collins and Joe Jackson both went to A's not CLE or SOX. I am in 1910.
True. The reason is because nearly all players would be free agents upon import until the late 1950's. For instance Ruth did not really start on the Red Sox as OOTP/Lahman suggest, he played for an independent Baltimore team. Anyone could have bought him who wanted him. OOTP does not allow this sort of transaction currently. Same with Gehrig and Cobb and Johnson and Collins and Jackson. So I picked Ruth as a Yankee because that made sense to me, myself and I.

Last edited by Spritze; 01-25-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #185
dcundy
Minors (Single A)

general historical stats question

I've noticed with players who have a long productive career like Cobb and Ruth the stats don't quite match their real numbers. For instance with Cobb I've seen his production drop although he hit .401 while 34 years old. Same with Ruth. I know these guys are freaks of nature but is there some algorithm that drops their talent ratings at a certain age?
dcundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #186
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Do you have recalculate each season turned on? If not it uses the games engine and about 34-35 you expect they'll slip a bit.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #187
dcundy
Minors (Single A)

recalc on

recalc players ratings based on real stats after each year … checked
ratings recalculation base … 3 years

what about statistical accuracy
automatically adjust league totals mods after each season?
dcundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #188
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcundy View Post
recalc players ratings based on real stats after each year … checked
ratings recalculation base … 3 years
My understanding is that the 3-year base smooths things out, so, for example, as you hit 1961, Maris is recalculated based upon what he did in 60 thru 62, and thus he doesn't typically hit around 61 dingers in '61. Instead he's usually in the mid-40 HR range, which is what his 3-year HR average was for that period. And Maris '62 HR ratings will be lifted slightly by the fact that he hit those 61 dingers the year before, even though he hit "only" 33 in '62 (his 23 HR's in '63 - in about half the plate appearances compared to '61 & '62 - will also help raise his '62 HR ratings).

In your example, Cobb's .401 in '22 will be brought down by his lesser avg's in '21 and '23.

Two things you can do to get things closer on a year-by-year basis:

1) Select Double Weight of Current Year Stats. With a 3-year recalc base this option will, as advertised, double the weight of the current year stats compared to the two surrounding years. Maris still wouldn't be rated to hit in the 61-HR range (although he might hit that many), but he would be rated to hit more than he would without "Double Weight" selected.
2) Select a 1-year recalc base. In the Maris '61 example, this recalc would not factor in '60 and '62. (I seem to very hazily recall several versions ago that there was a problem with using a 1-year recalc base and neutralized stats, or something like that; I haven't heard of that in awhile so it's likely no longer an issue - or I am simply misremembering).
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #189
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
Can't be changed now, oh well, looks like I'm out of luck then. Thank you
Nope...you still can change it

Go to Historical

Click recalc on

Change ratings based on...to neutralized stats, base potential on peak seasons (this will make the real life ballplayers actually have a shot over the inflated neutralized stats of Negro, PCL and Japanese players) base fielding and stamina on entire career

uncheck recalc on

Next draft or import, you should see a big difference in the imports

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #190
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

I've been reading on the database for over a year and I'm still not sure if it will work with my online league or not.

It's a fantasy universe. We are 24 teams and I manually import historical rookies every season from the baseball-reference website according to their draft eligibility, so now I have very young players that got in the league 5 years before their official debut (we use AAA & AA for that matter). We use real stats, recal is ON (based on 3-year period), potential "peak seasons of career" and fielding/pitcher stamina is set to "Current Season".

Now if I understand that DB, every year I will get all the rookies from that year (exemple: 1989) and we get to draft them OR have them assigned to their default team (wich is not something we do in my league.)

I know that I might have to double-check and make sure that I don't have duplicated players in the process (I always check).

Now my Question:
I started my league wizard (I'm rebuilding my retro league for the OOTP14), is it too late for me to import that database? My rookies are not there yet (we are January 1st 1989 and my draft date is set to June 4th).

Sorry if it's a long post. I just want to make sure that I give you enough information so I can get the "right" answer to my situation.
PS: I don't mind starting over again if this would be the case.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #191
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

Wow! I did run some test and I'm really happy with the draft pool! Amazing work!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #192
Aaron
Minors (Single A)

I'm having a problem with the Gambo/Spritze DB and pitchers. It looks like pitchers aren't importing correctly. There are no starters and the relievers are horrible. All the pitchers ratings are very low and they only have a fastball as their pitch.

Hitters are being imported fine, but I must be doing something wrong to have the pitchers be this bad.

Last edited by Aaron; 02-07-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #193
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Are you importing pitchers one by one? What years are you trying to import? Need more details in order to help.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #194
Canuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Okie dokie, I need some help.

I'm trying to play as the Expos from 2004 and beyond.

I've got to the point where the game is loading up but the minor league teams are all fake. There are a bunch of highly rated no name free agents and Japanese guys like Kei Igawa.

If I initially play with ghost players at say 2012 can I change it so fictional players will start to appear?
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:51 AM   #195
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Okie dokie, I need some help.

I'm trying to play as the Expos from 2004 and beyond.

I've got to the point where the game is loading up but the minor league teams are all fake. There are a bunch of highly rated no name free agents and Japanese guys like Kei Igawa.

If I initially play with ghost players at say 2012 can I change it so fictional players will start to appear?
Minor league teams will always be fake unless you use the MLB quickstart which starts from the previous season. it is located on the start screen. As far as real players do you have import real players checked? Are you using Spritze dB? Do you have his DB in your database path line? If you have the last 3 i see no reason why you have fake players. Ghost players are to fill up your minor leaguers when you don;t have enough for each level. If you start at 2004 just use AAA, with Spritze dB you should have enough to fill one level. Add AA after 2-3 seasons, Single A after 2 more and R the next year after that. I hate ghost players because sometimes they show up in news and when you turn them off they may show up on teams or as FA. Took me 2 seasons to fully delete ghosts in another league.
BTW your database path line located in League Options - Historical should look something like this if using the Spritze dB.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\OOTP 11 DL\databases\Spritze 14\SpritzeHighSchoolDB.zip\stats
You can also set it up during league creation by going to advanced options ( the page that shows season summary) and selecting the DB you want.

"Stay Strong"

Old 03-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #196
Canuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My question now is what to do with all these highly rated free agents that appear at the start of the game?
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #197
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
My question now is what to do with all these highly rated free agents that appear at the start of the game?
You mean the *** players? scout them and sign who you can, they have made big impacts in some of my leagues, especially in the pen.

"Stay Strong"

Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #198
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

I am soooooo confused!

I have just read this entire thread and my head hurts and I know less now than I did before.

I remember the good old days when using these additional DB's was EASY! Now I think I need an IT guy and an attorney present.

First, let me say that I am struggling with how to even PICK the DB I want to use and am totally baffled now about the .obd or Master .csv and and how to do what with them. (Maybe some scotch would help!)

Here is what I wanted to TRY to do. Create a fictional league starting 1860, (ignoring the war years!) with subpar players. 1871 import the a new league, that being what the game seems to create, lacking any other option I can find, with the players that are supposed to be on them in place and the rest being free agents. Fill in the minor league or leagues with subpar fictional players (I'll live with a couple of them breaking into the Majors).

After that might be possible, my other dilemma is this. I would like to start Major League Baseball in 1901. Some of the players are already playing. How would I get those records to start new? Also, I would like any and all players from the DB to get playing priority, meaning any fictional player should be a scrub, but I'll live with the occasional miracle.

Is this scenario feasible to anyone else?

Thank you.

JP
Old 04-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #199
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
I have just read this entire thread and my head hurts and I know less now than I did before.

I remember the good old days when using these additional DB's was EASY! Now I think I need an IT guy and an attorney present.

First, let me say that I am struggling with how to even PICK the DB I want to use and am totally baffled now about the .obd or Master .csv and and how to do what with them. (Maybe some scotch would help!)

Here is what I wanted to TRY to do. Create a fictional league starting 1860, (ignoring the war years!) with subpar players. 1871 import the a new league, that being what the game seems to create, lacking any other option I can find, with the players that are supposed to be on them in place and the rest being free agents. Fill in the minor league or leagues with subpar fictional players (I'll live with a couple of them breaking into the Majors).

After that might be possible, my other dilemma is this. I would like to start Major League Baseball in 1901. Some of the players are already playing. How would I get those records to start new? Also, I would like any and all players from the DB to get playing priority, meaning any fictional player should be a scrub, but I'll live with the occasional miracle.

Is this scenario feasible to anyone else?

Thank you.

JP
well to start.

OOTP Community Wiki | Spritze's db vs Spritze-Gambo

OOTP Community Wiki |Historical Databases - summary

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-09-2014 at 08:42 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #200
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps you need to provide more detail or perhaps I am just missing something obvious, but from what you wrote I don't see where you have a specific need for a Spritze db. It sounds like you need both fictional players and actual major-leaguers, which you can get without using a Spritze db. If, however, you want to also be able to use a bunch of Negro-leaguers, Japanese pros, career minor-leaguers, and others, then a Spritze db is the way to go.

If you're not sure, perhaps this will give you some info that may help: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...t-summary.html

Good luck!
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote