Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #1121
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

A bug that I thought was addressed already ... but apparently wasn't

A player can be on the active (25-man) roster without being on the 40-man roster - see SP Pablo Dias.
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #1122
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Is there any where you can download OOTP13 at all versions? Before I installed the past to versions stadiums loaded when I started a new 2012 season. Now I can not start a 2012 season with the stadiums loading. Its only the default stadium for every team.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1123
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Is There A Total Pro service Years Bug?

I have never noticed this prior to the latest patches. I clone many former MLB players for my league and after the draft I go into the Editor and edit their service years to 0. For all the players that were clones of former MLers they all had Total Service Years around 94, some had 25 1 had 93.
Edit: for all these players I used the draft list feature importing 12 players at one time. I did not notice any errors when Importing 1 player at a time.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by The Game; 10-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #1124
ndkid
Bat Boy

Minor League Roster Misreporting

This problem has existed since at least OOTP 11. I keep hoping it'll get fixed one day. I feel like I reported it in previous editions.

Often, when managing a minor league team (this time I'm playing a historical league, but I've also seen it in fictional leagues), when you get an email about players getting shuffled around, the email will be incorrect; players it says you lost you'll still have, players it reports you received you may not have, and you may sometimes have new players you've never heard of.

As an example, here's a case where it told me that I got Rezzori and lost Ruiz; note that I don't have Rezzori and still have Ruiz.

ndkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1125
Applecorey
Major Leagues

Playoff statistics

There are no accumulated playoff stats shown for the players while playing a game. They update while playing a game but they do not show previous totals from other games that season. . Is there a setting I have wrong?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #1126
Cbob
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Personality is blank on several players in my june draft.
Cbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #1127
brokenbat
Minors (Single A)

Unhappy

As of the latest patch automated in-season sims are being interrupted for personal messages to me in my manager's role. I'm used to this in the off-season sims (which is not to say that I find it any less annoying) but this is the first time I've encountered it in-season and it's a pain in the backside! It means resetting all the automated settings (back-up and imports to off, days to play adjusted and so on). There doesn't seem to be any option to countermand this so fixes please!
brokenbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #1128
ndkid
Bat Boy

Minor League Roster Misreporting

When playing as a minor league manager in a historical league, there are often cases where I get emails detailing a particular transaction that does not actually occur.

Here is an example. Here is the mail I received about player transactions:

And here is the roster I see after receiving that mail (there were no other player transaction mails received):

Note that Rezzori is not on my roster, and that I did not actually lose Ruiz.

I've seen this error at least as far back as OOTP11.
ndkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #1129
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Total from "Salaries" page does not match "Current Player Payroll" on "Front Office" "Finances" screen.

I can not think of a reason there should ever be a discrepancy between these two values.

Documented with screen prints in this thread.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #1130
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Real Time Simulation.... At 11 59 PM... instead of going to 12 AM it goes to 12 PM... Kind of annoying... Pleaseeeee get this fixed
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #1131
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Real Stats for one player is showing up in the league stats!

*** SHOWSTOPPER ***

I did a CSV dump and I have found 3 players,

Charlie W Householder in 1882, Bill Krieg in 1883 and Con Daily 1884 where their
Real Stats are used in the league - UGGH!!!!

If they did not play for a team in that year and remained in free agent pool entire season
they are credited for their real stats for that year.

If they play for a team their real stats and league stats are combined and displayed as a split season, with team - and team name of actual team on two different lines.

I have 369 hours into this league I started in 1871 with lots of fond memories. This bug places doubt that any statistic is valid.

How do I fix my database to repair this now and in the future? It is easy to find. In players_career_batting_stats.csv and other players csvs just look for season with stats but 0 for teamID. I have three of them now....

Single Season Records

Games - Charlie W Householder 74 1882 Season

He did not play ANY games in 1882. He was not even on a team. he was in free agent pool that year.

The 74 games is he REAL stats for that year.

ALL of his REAL stats are showing up for him and the league for that season. In leaderboards and record book....

How do I edit the database or do something else to fix this????

This has happened since latest patch to fix HBP Injury problem. .

Last edited by david limbaugh; 10-13-2012 at 11:17 PM.
david limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #1132
yajeflow
Minors (Double A)

All/Major Transactions

this one is very simple and mind-boggling that it has not been fixed (or apparently even discussed as of yet).

i am not sure how everyone else looks for transactions in their league, but i go to the 'league' pull-down at the top, then click 'all transactions'. seems simple enough to me. i am new to the OOTP 13 version, but i can assure you that this worked correctly in OOTPX. how can something go backwards like this? weird!

but guess what? yup. this only lists the MAJOR transactions. clicking 'major transactions' also pulls up just the major transactions.

so now i have to take the extraordinary step of also go up to the top-right pull-down and look around for the 'all transactions' thing there.

again - i'm not sure how others get to their 'all trannies'. i use Excel constantly in my day to day world, so perhaps i am just more used to to a toolbar pull-down menu system.
yajeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #1133
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Once again, the game is incorrectly changing the draft during FA. The rule 5 order is correct, but the game has re-ordered my 1st year draft to alphabetical by division...again.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League

Last edited by Another Mike D; 10-18-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #1134
Nzsftbl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan View Post
I've been noticing that Uganda and Sierra Leone do not have cities in them according to the world_default. I think these are the only two "blank" countries in the game right now. I did research and, to the best of my guessing, Uganda's cities are in Fiji and Sierra Leone's are in American Samoa. At least their capitals are. I think it's because they're using state names that aren't being split between the respective countries.

Just struck me as odd. I'd manually fix this but I know nothing about cities in either country.

Hope this makes sense...
I second this. Is there any way to fix this? Also...if I have a game and I want to use these countries, is there any way to edit, then re-import, the world_default.xml file?
Nzsftbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 AM   #1135
His Own Bad Self
All Star Starter

I'm trying to enter custom park factors into several ballparks, but when I hit Enter, the game overwrites what I put in the "AVG" and "HR" fields every time, for both lefties and righties. However, the doubles and triples modifiers remain unchanged. Is that supposed to happen?
His Own Bad Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #1136
Mattymo
All Star Starter

My game keeps crashing when trying to configure League Association playoffs. Even just adding 4 teams and hitting "confirm" is enough.

EDIT: This appears to only happen when I select qualifying teams manually

Last edited by Mattymo; 10-21-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Mattymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #1137
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonditz View Post
Another maybe bug from an MLB universe.

Its 2013, Friend and I are playing as the Padres and our shortstop, Jurickson Profar, gets suspended for 15 days in a bench clearing brawl. I noticed he was playing the next game but I figured it was maybe like he's "appealing his sentence" but he continued to play 8 of the next 15 games, then his suspension was over.
I may have a recurrence of this bug. 2013 in a MLB Quickstart League.

Situation:

I am doing unfortunate things to the Blue Jays bullpen in the 4th game of a 4 game series, and they have no rested relievers. Despite this, all of their relievers are forced to pitch in the game anyway once I chased their starter, and after all of the relievers I have already seen previously in the series, this gentleman appears (attachment).

As you can see, his current status is suspended, and he last pitched 5 days ago. Today is May 9, 2013. 5 days ago, on May 4, he shows as having been suspended for 6 games in his player history. Both the history and his current status indicate that he should be suspended and unable to pitch in this game, yet he is pitching and has already faced one batter.

Not sure if this matters, but in the previous game in this series, the entire bullpen was exhausted, leading to the backup MI pitching. No position player has pitched in this game, making me wonder if there is some kind of logic that proceeds through relievers as follows:

1) Rested relievers
2) Tired relievers
3) Emergency position player or Starter from rotation
4) Starter from rotation or...Suspended pitcher?

Not sure if the position player from Game 3 is relevant, just thought it might add some helpful context.
Attached Images
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #1138
Confucius Rex
Bat Boy

I've been having a couple weird problems since the last couple of patches. First is that sometimes expansion drafts don't fire. I'm not exactly sure the circumstances are that cause this. It might actually be caused by having multiple expansion drafts at the same time actually. I'll need to experiment a little just to make sure.

Now this wouldn't be a big issue if it didn't feed into another issue. Sometimes teams just don't hire any players. For example a team that has had full rosters in the past started the season with 12 players. And it didn't get better apparently. Starting pitchers playing over 100 innings as catchers and stuff (and managing to end up with a .463 record somehow). And I've checked and they have plenty of budget, plenty of free agents to choose from, no nationality/age restrictions. It seems to be bugged.
Confucius Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #1139
Bell17
Bat Boy

League Association age min/max keeps resetting to zero

League Association age min/max keeps resetting to zero

Greetings,

I have a two-association game, one association being major league-level teams (Four leagues) and the other being high school-level teams (Four leagues). I also have A-level reserve teams for the major-league teams (Four leagues).

I've changed the option several times now, but the age maximum & minimum keep resetting to zero & zero. I have changed them at multiple times to 14-18, then run a "clear rosters" and "Fill teams with fictional players". I get the correct rosters, but at the end of the season, players older than 18 keep appearing and populating teams. I'll look at the League Association setup menu and notice that the age requirements have been reset to zero.

Any help is appreciated.
Bell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #1140
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucius Rex View Post
I've been having a couple weird problems since the last couple of patches. First is that sometimes expansion drafts don't fire. I'm not exactly sure the circumstances are that cause this. It might actually be caused by having multiple expansion drafts at the same time actually. I'll need to experiment a little just to make sure.

Now this wouldn't be a big issue if it didn't feed into another issue. Sometimes teams just don't hire any players. For example a team that has had full rosters in the past started the season with 12 players. And it didn't get better apparently. Starting pitchers playing over 100 innings as catchers and stuff (and managing to end up with a .463 record somehow). And I've checked and they have plenty of budget, plenty of free agents to choose from, no nationality/age restrictions. It seems to be bugged.
I could be wrong on this, but if Ghost players is on and create & maintain hidden players is on that might be the issue. Turn ghost players off for the offseason and see if the new teams sign enough players. i know I have seen this issue for minor leagues and Indy Leagues where they have no players at all.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote