Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

AI skips over rotation starters

Version: Patch 3
PC/Mac: PC
Reproducible: Unknown

I'm in an online league.

I find that the AI is skipping over my starters often and starting the bullpen. At the trade deadline, I have a reliever with 3 stamina having already thrown 92.1 innings, with multiple starts.

The #3 starter, who has not been hurt, and has been in the #3 slot most of the season, has 63.0 IP. His ERA is more than fair at 4.00. I recently promoted a guy from the minors. The AI skipped over him twice to make starts out of the bullpen.

My rotation is set to 5-man, strict order. I don't have anything in anyone's player strategy that would tell my AI manager to skip over rotation guys. I have every single pitcher in my pitching staff on a pitch count.

I understand that the AI sometimes has to compensate if a guy is hurt or sick or tired, and while sometimes this has been the case, it hasn't always been. Besides, if a starter were hurt for a rotation turn, I'd rather the next guy in the rotation threw instead of my bullpen. (Unless everyone in the rotation was 'exhausted' or 'tired'.)
Old 08-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Adding this thread for the original reference: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...too-often.html
Old 08-28-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Doublecheck that you don't have 7-day lineups enabled or any weird settings on the 7-day-lineups screen.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Doublecheck that you don't have 7-day lineups enabled or any weird settings on the 7-day-lineups screen.
They're enabled for my team, but I've never used them. I'll disable them and see how that helps.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDylanRH View Post
They're enabled for my team, but I've never used them. I'll disable them and see how that helps.

That is exactly your problem. I've seen a few online leagues that I have come across this and explained it to them. Basically when you use 7 day lineups, it will go through those lineups and then on the 8th day will start whoever the next selected pitcher from your main pitching staff screen is listed as.

The problem with that is that "next pitcher" indicator does not move when using the 7 day lineups, so it almost always ends up in a case where you pitch 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -5 but because your #1 and #2 are tied, it ends up going to some pitcher in the bullpen instead and causing chaos.

Since many online leagues are 14 days, this occurs every sim until the teams figure it out.

Either turn off 7 day lineups in online league, or just guess ahead to who the next starter should be once they run out. (ie: in the scenerio above, change your "next starter" to #3 instead of #1 so he will start at the end of your 7 days.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
That is exactly your problem. I've seen a few online leagues that I have come across this and explained it to them. Basically when you use 7 day lineups, it will go through those lineups and then on the 8th day will start whoever the next selected pitcher from your main pitching staff screen is listed as.

The problem with that is that "next pitcher" indicator does not move when using the 7 day lineups, so it almost always ends up in a case where you pitch 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -5 but because your #1 and #2 are tied, it ends up going to some pitcher in the bullpen instead and causing chaos.

Since many online leagues are 14 days, this occurs every sim until the teams figure it out.

Either turn off 7 day lineups in online league, or just guess ahead to who the next starter should be once they run out. (ie: in the scenerio above, change your "next starter" to #3 instead of #1 so he will start at the end of your 7 days.
In team strategies, it was enabled, but I never set the line-ups. I disabled 7-day line-ups in my profile, but it didn't cure the cause. Is the only solution either to disable it for the entire league or to think ahead?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDylanRH View Post
In team strategies, it was enabled, but I never set the line-ups. I disabled 7-day line-ups in my profile, but it didn't cure the cause. Is the only solution either to disable it for the entire league or to think ahead?
You shouldn't have to disable it for the league, just the team and then your team should just use the pitching rotation next starter.

Just to make sure, once you changed that, are you on a strict rotation with your starters tired out of order still from the 7-day lineup snafu? If so, this will continue to happen until it can pitch the starters in the order it wants without them being tired.

If that is not the case, then I'm not sure what else to suggest as I have not seen anything like this which wasn't explained by having tired starters being set to pitch next and not being able to. I would then suggest in that case uploading the league file to the support ftp server and someone can log the issue.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You shouldn't have to disable it for the league, just the team and then your team should just use the pitching rotation next starter.

Just to make sure, once you changed that, are you on a strict rotation with your starters tired out of order still from the 7-day lineup snafu? If so, this will continue to happen until it can pitch the starters in the order it wants without them being tired.

If that is not the case, then I'm not sure what else to suggest as I have not seen anything like this which wasn't explained by having tired starters being set to pitch next and not being able to. I would then suggest in that case uploading the league file to the support ftp server and someone can log the issue.
Well, I just saw that I didn't turn 7-day line-ups off. Forgot that when I re-loaded the league file after I screwed up a trade I needed to turn it off again. So, I'll report back again after I run the sim tonight.

It is set: 7-day line-ups off. Strict 5-man rotation with the #4 starter scheduled to start at 100% rest. #5 and, #1 pitchers are also at 100%. #2 is at 70%. #3 is at 40%. It all looks fine right now.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:47 AM   #9
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Back. You're correct Alan T. The problem was fixed.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 AM   #10
Tony M
Global Moderator

As the problem has been resolved, I'll move this thread to closed.