Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #241
Anisoptera
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Just FYI, this issue has been resolved if you download the setup file now. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
No problem. Thanks back.

I got a copy yesterday. I only had access to the internet via an unsecured wireless connection at the time so I didn't want to trust the via desktop option and figured others might want the other option as well. In the end I just waited until later in the day when I could get to a wired connection.

Now I just have to decide which version to keep and which to give away.
Anisoptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #242
rp-rt
Bat Boy

For BruceM

BruceM,
Thanks for the link. .....rp-rt
rp-rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:15 AM   #243
DWK
All Star Reserve

DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #244
Marc Duffy
SI Marketing Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisoptera View Post
Finally, if any SI people are reading this I'd just like to say thanks so much for your contribution to the game. 6.5 was a great game, but IMO OOTP is so much better off for what you guys gave to it. It's style might not be for everyone by I for one like a great deal about it.
Well I'm on page 4 of lots - I'm here and thanks
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #245
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
Well I'm on page 4 of lots - I'm here and thanks
Marc..I'm a little upset about the dishonest marketing campaign for FM2008. The ads promise the biggest update ever in the series, if memory serves, and its quite the opposite. The game doesnt really need such a massive hype machine, does it? It can sell itself. Excess hype makes all thats good about the product look a bit tawdry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #246
Marc Duffy
SI Marketing Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
This has already been discussed with our tax consultant and with our tax office. German tax law says without any doubt that we have to pay for the revenues which we make with sales to people from Europe. Even if it goes through Viatech. I'm no tax expert, but the experts have discussed it and we have to pay it.
Yup, Andreas is right on here. Any sale of the game to someone based in Europe incurs tax.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #247
Andreas Raht
Administrator

The upgrade option seems to work now! Owners of OOTP 2007 can upgrade to OOTP 8 for $6.99. I've updated post #1 in this thread.
Thanks a lot to Viatech and to Sports Interactive for making this possible!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #248
Marc Duffy
SI Marketing Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
Marc..I'm a little upset about the dishonest marketing campaign for FM2008. The ads promise the biggest update ever in the series, if memory serves, and its quite the opposite. The game doesnt really need such a massive hype machine, does it? It can sell itself. Excess hype makes all thats good about the product look a bit tawdry.
Wrong thread dude, try a PM or something.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #249
Marc Duffy
SI Marketing Wizard

Quote:
The upgrade option seems to work now! Owners of OOTP 2007 can upgrade to OOTP 8 for $6.99. I've updated post #1 in this thread.
Thanks a lot to Viatech and to Sports Interactive for making this possible!
Great work Andreas, glad to be of service!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #250
KingYankee
Minors (Single A)

Can't wait to get this home and see what we've got.

Are we still unable to run off of networked drives? Some of us at work only have networked drives so we're stuck M-F, 9-5.
KingYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #251
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingYankee View Post
Can't wait to get this home and see what we've got.

Are we still unable to run off of networked drives? Some of us at work only have networked drives so we're stuck M-F, 9-5.
Will be fixed in OOTP9. I'm sorry, but we couldn't fix this in OOTP 8
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #252
KingYankee
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Will be fixed in OOTP9. I'm sorry, but we couldn't fix this in OOTP 8
Not a big worry. We've at least got web-reports to keep us busyish.

Its great that it'll be good for OOTP9.

I appreciate all you guys that have put the time in to make this game (2006, 2007 and the future) has rekindled my obsession with baseball.

Developers, roster makers, mod makers - thank you very much. Its probably not said enough.
KingYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #253
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but if I were to complain about shelling out another $5 for a few more features of a game that I love, I would be one of the biggest hypocrites here. I can't even think of what I have spent $5 on lately that has or will give me more enjoyment than a few bug fixes and improvements to a game I absolutely love.

for instance, I just paid for two coffees I bought for myself and my wife this morning cost ~$4.75. The extra beers I bought my friends when we were out last night probably cost me $20. All of those thing have been consumed already and the thrill is gone.

Compare that to hours and hours more baseball enjoyment in the offseason when I am generally playing football games, and the fact that the money is going to help out one of my favorite game developers, and it isn't a big deal to me.

So I've decided I'm not going to act like I am some ultra-ideallistic, ultra-frugal consumer when it come to this situation, because, basically, I'm not one.

my
my sentiments exactly!

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #254
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

while we are the topic (slightly) of SI, I just wanted to say to Mark and all the SI guys:

when my beloved game announced it was being swallowed up by a soccer company I was very disappointed. and the first release of v2006did not go very well I feared the worst.

However in the months that followed, Mark and Markus and all of the parties involved proved me very, very wrong. 2006(once patched) and especially 2007 proved to be the best OOTP ever for me personally and I think the merger with SI was a very good one - I was very adamant against it at the time and now years later I am sad to see the partnership end. I still believe Markus will make a great game - but I have done a complete 180 on my opinion on SI - great company, great guys - too bad I just can 't bring myself to like soccer. Now if you guys would just release an American Football game I would purchase that in a heartbeat.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #255
woodfeld
Minors (Double A)

I didn't real through every single reply for the answer to this so I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but can you import a OOTP2006 league to OOTP8?
Thanks
woodfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #256
Kaitiaki
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfeld View Post
I didn't real through every single reply for the answer to this so I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but can you import a OOTP2006 league to OOTP8?
Yup. The functionality remains exactly the same as OOTP2007.

- Kai
Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #257
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post
while we are the topic (slightly) of SI, I just wanted to say to Mark and all the SI guys:

2006(once patched) and especially 2007 proved to be the best OOTP ever for me personally and I think the merger with SI was a very good one.

Now if you guys would just release an American Football game I would purchase that in a heartbeat.
I completely agree with you on that. OOTP 2007 made my interest in my fictional baseball league an obsession. I would also love an American Football manager as well. Thought I think we'd have to outright clone Marcus to get that one.
ootpFox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #258
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox07 View Post
I completely agree with you on that. OOTP 2007 made my interest in my fictional baseball league an obsession. I would also love an American Football manager as well. Thought I think we'd have to outright clone Marcus to get that one.
Me too, I'd love a football sim. As long as the play creation tool was as good or better than that in FBpro.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #259
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Anyone try the discount code? I tried and it says that this is not a valid discount coupon. Any ideas?
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #260
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Never mind i am a dumb _ss figured it out.
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote