Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 08-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #21
Randyr
Bat Boy

Very very useful -- is all the spreadsheet work done by hand I assume? No way to export results from the game to the ss?

Also-- how are months calculated?

Last edited by Randyr; 08-05-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Randyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
spreadsheet has to be done by hand .. hopefully future modules will help with scheduling but for now this is the most time consuming part.

As soon as everyone has been checked to see if they fight, scheduled, and the fights ran and recorded, I move onto the next month. You have to manually change the dates of the fights as you go. The autoscheduler will randomize it for you but you have to change the dates on your fight cards.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #23
mh2365
Banned

Back outside now ...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #24
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyr
Very very useful -- is all the spreadsheet work done by hand I assume? No way to export results from the game to the ss?

Also-- how are months calculated?
You can export a .csv file and open that up in Excel. That's how I collect some of my spreadsheet data (wins/losses/draws/rank and activity) rather than typing it all out by hand. I also use the randomizer right in Excel, a hidden column that rolls up random numbers for each fighter to save me time. But there still is quite a bit of spreadsheet set-up work to do each month in my uni as well.

But I gotta say, Mike, this is really good stuff. Yours is one of the best uni's out there. I wish I'd had some of this info when I first started putting together my uni. Your efforts will no doubt enrich the experience of many.

Matt
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #25
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Great job. Here is a link to a site i use to make sure my fight dates are more realistically fought on Fridays or Saturdays especially for Title fights.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...1971&country=1

Attached is a word doc with mh's guide. I have also attached a spreadsheet sample that i think i got from Mike.
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #26
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Sorry here are the attachements.
Attached Files
File Type: zip boxexample.zip (7.5 KB, 377 views)
File Type: zip New Universe Guide.zip (78.8 KB, 470 views)
Old 08-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #27
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Okay now in your WW universe are you running regional titles as well as a world title or just multiple world titles (ie...wbc, ibf etc)? When do you decide a guys gets a shot at a title and who gets the titleshot? Do you use a mandatory #of times a champ must defend his title?
Old 08-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #28
mh2365
Banned

Okay the WW was just an example of how I would set it up .. but in my real universe I started out with just the WBA title. Then once I had 30 ranked fighters in the main division in a weight the WBC title would come in. 60 ranked fighters in the main division I added the IBF.

For example I think only 1/2 of my 9 divisions have the IBF right now after 11 years of fights. At 100 ranked fighters I am adding the WBO this would be the last world title.

I just started this year with regional titles and I think there is still a thread on what titles I have in the Inside the Ropes section. At the end of the year the top two regional champs (my decision) will fight for the IBO title ( loser keeps his regional title) That will kind of be the king of the regionals. All regional contestants have to have under 30 fights to fight for the title. Once they win it they can keep it until they lose or win a world title.

Champs are scheduled just like everyone else. Once I determine a champ is fighting. I get through everything else (like scheduling the pre and post and end guys against tC's) and the top ranked fighter who is also scheduled to fight gets the title shot as long as he didn't lose his last fight.

So let's say the #3 guy is scheduled but lost his last fight, then the next highest guy gets it. If no one in the top 20 is qualified and fighting then the champ will fight a non-title bout with someone outside his weight class.

Regional rankings are strictly by PP, that way unranked guys get a shot also. Prime guys tend to fight 3-5 times a year, so it's common enough for the champs to fight.

If two champs in the same weight class are scheduled in the same month then there is a 25% chance they fight for a unification bout. If a fighter owns mulitple belts then there is a % for which belt he defends.

Example - this month in the LBA Sam Langford owns the WBA and WBC titles once he was scheduled to fight he rolled for 1-33 defends just the WBA, 34-66 defends just the WBC, 67-100 defends both. He rolled to defend both. Then he also rolled 1-25 to face the IBF champ Joe Jeanette. So it wasn't a great chance that all 3 belts would be on the line but it ended up that way. It makes unification bouts special in my uni.

If Langford was only defending one title and not the other and lost, the other title would be vacated and an 8 man tourney would crown a new champ. 8 man tournies are fought when each contestant is eligible to fight, so they can take a whole year to complete.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #29
jas80s
Minors (Triple A)

Starting a Universe

I am one of those who has some trouble figuring this game out so this is very helpful. Thanks for doing this, Mike!

Jeff
jas80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #30
mh2365
Banned

No problem .. Cubedrum did the same for me a long time ago
Old 08-06-2006, 02:50 AM   #31
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Quick question. Do you mess with where the fights vs Tomato Cans are fought out? I am sure you pick where the title fights are but wasnt sure about the TC ones.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:42 AM   #32
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

One other question how do i tell from the history if a guy was cut?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:46 AM   #33
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

One more question if a guy fights and wins does he have the same chance to fight the next month?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #34
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Nice job Mike!!

Quote:
One other question how do i tell from the history if a guy was cut?
Look in the bout log, in the statistics section there are Cut Totals stats and Cuts Totals after Headbutts.

Quote:
One more question if a guy fights and wins does he have the same chance to fight the next month?
Using Mike's system the month after fighting (assuming the fighter has suffered no injury, cut or knockdown) then the fighter will have 25% chance of fighting (if Prime or later) or 40% chance if Pre-prime or Beginner.

Quote:
Quick question. Do you mess with where the fights vs Tomato Cans are fought out? I am sure you pick where the title fights are but wasnt sure about the TC ones.
I am sure he just lets these just happen in the autoscheduler. I know I don't worry about them too much. In Conn Chris' universe however every fight is considered important and he would manage venues for all his fighters.

Hope that helps,

Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #35
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

This is a real benefit to everyone Mike, not just the new comers - thanks for taking the time to run through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmoke
I am sure he just lets these just happen in the auto scheduler. I know I don't worry about them too much. In Conn Chris' universe however every fight is considered important and he would manage venues for all his fighters.
While true, this is not all that cumbersome to 'manage'. The auto-scheduler, with a bit of forethought and a good use of the groups and sub-groups, is almost as good as a spreadsheet method and only requires marginal intervention on my part. The biggest hassle for me with respect to venues was just setting them all up (over a thousand at this point). It does not do exactly what I want it to, but I sacrifice a little because I just couldn't use a spreadsheet for over 8,000 active fighters. With just a few additional filters (I have ideas) I think that the scheduler could seriously challenge spreadsheets as the prime tool to underpin a universe.

Thanks again Mike, this is a great service to everyone,

Christopher
Old 08-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #36
mh2365
Banned

Gunsmoke got all the answers right. I don't pay any attention to venue in any fight, I have it set at random.

Also I try to keep my fight cards to no more than 15 a month. So I'll get it down to 15 by scheduling some lower tier fights in the autoscheduler and run them all at once.

For the cuts in fights I don't watch, I will write down one fighters kd and cut total before the fight, then check it again afterwards. If a fight is stopped due to injury the injured fighter is out an automatic 4 month. If a guy is disqualified then he is suspended for 4 months.

The fight cards are autosimmed also, the only fights I watch are

1) the main event no matter what
2) any title fight eliminator and any title fight(almost always the main event)
3) any fight involving an undefeated fighter
4) any fight which odds go off at 1:1 or 3:2

So I end up watching 2-3 fights a card. I score these on my own also (just for fun, I'd love it if they added a feature where we could be the third judge) which you see in bold in my universe.

I recently took to handholding anyone who makes it out of beginner undefeated. I will schedule them against the lowest rated fighter available if they aren't scheduled to fight a TC. I continue to do this until they get a title shot or lose.

I also started entering new fighters into the mix with 0 pp. They were getting too high by the time they got ranked, now for the most part even undefeated guys will hit around 500.

Gunsmoke has a good grasp on how I run my universe, so feel free to answer questions when I'm not around.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #37
mh2365
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS
This is a real benefit to everyone Mike, not just the new comers - thanks for taking the time to run through this.

While true, this is not all that cumbersome to 'manage'. The auto-scheduler, with a bit of forethought and a good use of the groups and sub-groups, is almost as good as a spreadsheet method and only requires marginal intervention on my part. The biggest hassle for me with respect to venues was just setting them all up (over a thousand at this point). It does not do exactly what I want it to, but I sacrifice a little because I just couldn't use a spreadsheet for over 8,000 active fighters. With just a few additional filters (I have ideas) I think that the scheduler could seriously challenge spreadsheets as the prime tool to underpin a universe.

Thanks again Mike, this is a great service to everyone,

Christopher
i agree with this, the main use of my spreadsheet is to keep track of how long they are out. The other thing is it helps me relate to the fighters a little more because I am forced to track everyone's progression.

Anytime I read a name I almost know immediately if they are in my uni or not.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #38
mh2365
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo
Great job. Here is a link to a site i use to make sure my fight dates are more realistically fought on Fridays or Saturdays especially for Title fights.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...1971&country=1

Attached is a word doc with mh's guide. I have also attached a spreadsheet sample that i think i got from Mike.
Thanks for this .. going to start scheduling all cards Wed-Sat starting in April in LBA
Old 08-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #39
PublicEnemy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello everyone,
I'm another long-time title bout user, starting back in the 80's with the Avalon Hill board game.
I'm not very experienced with TBCB2 though, and became frustrated with trying to set up a universe, and even gave up for a while, so this thread is a god send.
Thanks mh2365, this has been a great help.

Anyway, I do seem to have a problem at the moment. I've set up a small universe following the instructions in this thread.
I started with 1970's heavyweights and intended to gradually make the universe larger once I became used to running it.
Yesterday I imported a few of the fighters downloaded from cornerworks, but, most of them are aging from beginning to pre-prime after just 1 fight!
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for all the help so far.
PublicEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #40
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

how do you ajust the aging?
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote