Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:15 PM   #1
crashhelmi
Bat Boy

Playoffs Never Triggered

Hi all,

Just finished my first regular season in the new game (standard league setup with a few international leagues) and the playoffs just... never happened. I'm well into November now and still nothing.

I'm not sure if it's user error, but it might be happening to other people. I didn't mess with the playoff settings or anything like that.

I'm currently uploading the save file into the FTP folder that I saw on another bug report (it's taking a while); my league is "Playoffs Never Triggered.zip." I also put it on my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02xbtchs3w...gered.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

Last edited by crashhelmi; 03-20-2019 at 10:17 PM.
crashhelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hi, your game is still listed as being in the pre-season. Did you start the game using the live start option? I believe there was a bug there which caused games to not process the season start, which would also cause what appears to be happening in your game.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
crashhelmi
Bat Boy

Oh I didn't even notice it was still in the preseason. Yes, I used the live start option so I guess that'll do it.
crashhelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
chanman
Minors (Double A)

So if this issue happens to us we're just kinda screwed? Thought it was because of a tie between teams for the last wild card but I see it says pre-season for me even though its Oct and playoffs are just never going to happen.
chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
quillenl
All Star Reserve

I just hit season two of a new challenge mode team without playoffs generating. 28 team league, custom playoffs with 2 wild card teams per league. 3 rounds of 5/7/7 is what was selected. Crashed the game out when I saw what happened so I could reload previous save and see if I could mess with some settings to force it to generate.

This is a non live stats / historical league based off 1993 season. Playoffs triggered just fine at end of 1993 season but failed to trigger at end of 1994 season. No settings changed, but I did auto calc for league modifiers at the mid season point ( I do this often ).
Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Screenshot is playoff settings as found.
Attached Images
Old 04-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #7
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Playing Historical League in a league created in 1913 season. Hit 1928 and playoffs never triggered. Been simming one week at a time into November, as it does not recognize the start of the offseason either, with the last regular season played October 3rd.

Added file to FTP server as Challenge Yankees.lg.zip

The screenshot below is of my current playoff settings. Would not mind helping to troubleshoot it as I have repeated this issue multiple times, but not quite sure where to start.
Attached Images
Old 04-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It appears the game wants a tiebreaker that was scheduled but deleted off the schedule, and it's waiting forever for that game. If you uncheck the "break ties with tiebreaker games" flag there, the game should be able to proceed. Did you manually delete the tiebreak game?

*actually, looks like there's a bug in the tiebreaker scheduling for split seasons. I would suggest disabling tiebreaker games for them, and we can see about fixing up the logic

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 04-26-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #9
quillenl
All Star Reserve

I did not. Settings have been static. I have not had to mess with any settings of any sort since league creation so either it did not generate or something else caused it to be deleted.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
quillenl
All Star Reserve

I did uncheck it, and playoffs immediately generated (albeit in May since I had simmed ahead), so that def fixed it. Forcing a tie in a follow up season might be difficult, but will see what i can do to see if the issue reappears again with tie breakers checked.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #11
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It appears the game wants a tiebreaker that was scheduled but deleted off the schedule, and it's waiting forever for that game. If you uncheck the "break ties with tiebreaker games" flag there, the game should be able to proceed. Did you manually delete the tiebreak game?

*actually, looks like there's a bug in the tiebreaker scheduling for split seasons. I would suggest disabling tiebreaker games for them, and we can see about fixing up the logic
Awesome, thank you. Will turn off Split Seasons, and see how it goes down the line.