Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #501
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I paid 100K for Young and 120K for LaJoie 98. I bought them both on the same day, story earlier in the thread. Both were well below last 5, but prices are dropping all around with no buyers.

Do you have the 98 or the 94? The 94 is cheaper.
The 98. Funny thing, I always intended to spend more on this Game of Thrones franchise than my Angel team, and didn't expect it to be able to compete at the top level, again because I hadn't yet realized my "American-born" restriction was almost meaningless.

But early, I had two extremely lucky pulls with the 98 Lajoie and the Guerrero Jr card on my Angels team, so it actually performed better of the two franchises for a good long while. Of course, early on it didn't hurt that Trout, Ohtani and Simmons were easily acquired Angels, though Ohtani's not useful at Perfect Level.

This GoT franchise only had a lucky pull with Mauer early, before I even had a clue how rare he was. But I acquired a lot of decent diamonds before the prices went through the roof, and regret the ones and perfects I didn't get, opting more for large pack quantities. A few lucky pulls from those, but that's a costlier way to build a team now. I was hoping to eventually pull something I couldn't afford on the AH, but never did.

It probably would've been smarter to just save up some $ and buy a major-whale card or two, but I was never that patient. Early on buying packs would have been the smarter way to go, what with high AH overpays in the rush to be first to have a player, but from what I've seen everyone has figured that out now and PT/OOTP20 will probably be insane the first few days and/or weeks.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:19 AM   #502
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Hope I can get 100k at least for my 98 Lajoie.

There aren't many cards left than can improve my California Angels team, and none of them are cheap or show up often. So that would really help.

My OF is maxed, because of my 13 Angel-connected minimum. They're all connected and the best I think that can be done.

I can improve mostly only by replacing California-connected players. Pitching is possible but to improve requires a Perfect Martinez or Maddux. I'm really hoping to get the 96 Kershaw to replace my Chris Sale LHP cut, but haven't had a chance at it. I hate the Dodgers, but they are a California team.

The 95 Lee Smith is the last high value Angel-connected player I don't have yet. (Though I don't have all the cards of every Angel, like the non-100 Trouts for example.)

And I daydream of pulling a perfect George Brett to replace Nolan Arenado.

Also hoping that they will release a 1973 Nolan Ryan, which might be better than his 95 OVR Peak, or better yet a 1964 Dean Chance which ought to be fantastic.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #503
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I did keep to the league cap! In fact, putting in Gore, I went down to 49. I wonder if that card will get a Perfect League Championship button with no stats.
GREAT JOB my friend. Just woke up to see this.🥂🎉💍🏆🥇
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #504
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yes great work. Was this your first title at perfect? If yes even more congrats and if no still congrats! Great year all around.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #505
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

AND it looks like we finally have a fully compliant league!!!!!

Last edited by Abnerdoubleday; 02-25-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:15 AM   #506
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to the Magpies! Well done!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #507
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnerdoubleday View Post
AND it looks like we finally have a fully compliant league!!!!!
Hey, congrats on that!

I confirmed that I selected Stay Put last week. (Settings were still set to that, so I changed it to Random last night.) So it was the 29 of you who crashed my league, not me crashing yours.

And for those of you where the "hate" maybe wasn't entirely 100% in fun (I'm glancing sideways at you, Zorro ), you may be glad to know what happened to me this week. Looks like I should have taken you guys up on the offer to join.

Not only is my Game of Thrones franchise team stuck in a Division with two mega-whales with double-digit Perfect cards, but to make matters worse, my American Angels team that I just downsized to Californian Angels is in the same Division. They've never been stuck together like that before. Not fun at all.

And worse yet, it's a weird 4 division league with two 6-team divisions in the American Conference and two 5-team divisions in the National Conference where both my teams sit. Anyone ever been in a short league like this? I wonder how the schedule and playoffs will work.

With the small number of teams, probably important to really scout the opposition early, in case I'm in another non-average tilted environment, but I really don't have time for that this week either. If I face relegation with one of my teams, maybe I'll work a little to avoid it, or maybe just give up and look forward to an easier time in Diamond. Instead I'll probably take a week to REALLY ignore this addictive game and get some things done that I've neglected.

PT has been great fun so far, but weird stuff like this and the numerous fun-stealing bugs I've dealt with are starting to sour me on it. Hope they show signs of improving and use their new-found fortune to hire a few more developers as opposed to just getting Lambos.

Good luck to all of you, even Zorro. I'll follow y'alls exploits when I can.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #508
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You are always welcome to sign up early for next week. Two spots available... first come, first served.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #509
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
You are always welcome to sign up early for next week. Two spots available... first come, first served.
Your league would tempt me to spend so much more time on this game, that my wife would probably leave me. Which is saying something since I've tolerated her online gaming addiction for nearly a decade.

Playing against you guys is like playing chess. I was great at that once, but got tired of thinking so hard and moved on to other games of mental skill like backgammon. I'm old and lazy now.

But who knows, this new situation isn't fun, and if it starts repeating, maybe I'll change my mind and let y'all know.

By the way, glanced at the start of your first franchise report in your post signature. Looks like a well-written fun read. I hope to find time to read through all three soon.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #510
daves
Hall Of Famer

So who was in the World Series and who won it?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:09 PM   #511
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

The Magpies downed the Crows in a tight series.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #512
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
The Magpies downed the Crows in a tight series.
Great. A true Mini-whale winner!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote