Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #21
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Faceoffs and Block Shots on Wrong Side of Mini Rinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
the bold part gets me crazy as well
Me too. Faceoffs and block shots are definitely on the wrong side of the small rinks. Makes me wonder if the hits are correct then. This needs to be more consistent.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #22
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

I reckon all game events are prone to being misrepresented on the highlights scroll, I've certainly noticed hits and penalties (as well as blocked shots, icing etc) in different places on the rink. I can't detect a pattern for this but it seems to be like a mirror image so that a face-off in the visiting team's attacking zone (bottom right of the rink) is depicted as being in the left defensive zone (top left). This also happens with events in the neutral zone which are depicted on the opposite side of the ice and the other side of the red line. Sorry, a bit of a complicated description!
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #23
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Having watched quite a few games in my fictional set-up I've a few thoughts about the layout of the game screen. At the moment I feel I have to look at five separate boxes (one of which requires a toggle) and switch to another screen (stats) to follow the game in any detail. Could the on-ice players be shown on-ice and the goalie info shown at the appropriate end. Could the play-by-play be more explanatory and interspersed with the highlights on that scroll (using that big space more effectively and combining two boxes in one) Could the rest of the stats (that are shown at the top left with the toggle) be moved to the visiting/home ends of the rink so we can see both teams info all the time.

Be interested to know what other ideas people have....I like the game and will certainly keep playing!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #24
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Oops....I meant the stats at the top RIGHT of the screen with the toggle.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:56 AM   #25
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Just had a game where a goal was scored immediately after a line change; the new C scored with assists from the wingers but the RW who'd just left the ice got an assist (A2) while the RW who'd just come on the ice got no assist but the credit for the +/-. Has anyone else come across this?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #26
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo13 View Post
Just had a game where a goal was scored immediately after a line change; the new C scored with assists from the wingers but the RW who'd just left the ice got an assist (A2) while the RW who'd just come on the ice got no assist but the credit for the +/-. Has anyone else come across this?
This one is certainly no bug. You'll see it from time to time in real life.

The winger passes to the center, then goes for a change. The center ends up scoring a goal after the new winger takes the ice. The winger on the bench properly gets the assist, the winger on the ice at the time the goal is scored gets the "+".
Old 12-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #27
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
This one is certainly no bug. You'll see it from time to time in real life.

The winger passes to the center, then goes for a change. The center ends up scoring a goal after the new winger takes the ice. The winger on the bench properly gets the assist, the winger on the ice at the time the goal is scored gets the "+".
Ok, thanks for the explanation....never realised that.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, the game will track the last two players to touch the puck before the current puck carrier, even if the players are no longer on the ice.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #29
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Really good to see some of the issues mentioned in earlier posts being fixed in the patch, many thanks to the team. A couple of problems I've noticed have been posted on the bugs forum.

Still, I can't understand why the rink image is off to the left hand edge of the screen and not directly over the play by play. Also, for the next version, perhaps at least the names and basic info for the players on-ice can be shown on the rink image.