Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

How do you just start over

Just launched PT to see what it was about. Opened packs.

Next thing I know my team is called something I didnt call it and my team is in a league I didnt join and I keep seeing this timer.

So how do I reset and start over? Or just get out of the league?

These basic things should not be that difficult. Sheeesh!
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
Just launched PT to see what it was about. Opened packs.

Next thing I know my team is called something I didnt call it and my team is in a league I didnt join and I keep seeing this timer.

So how do I reset and start over? Or just get out of the league?

These basic things should not be that difficult. Sheeesh!
You are in the entry pool, everyone starts here
The timer is for the games that are simmer every half hour
You make whatever changes you want in between sims
If you picked up a new player for instance and want to put him in your lineup
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead667 View Post
You are in the entry pool, everyone starts here
The timer is for the games that are simmer every half hour
You make whatever changes you want in between sims
If you picked up a new player for instance and want to put him in your lineup
When does this league end? After how many games?
Old 12-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When does this league end? After how many games?
New leagues start on Mondays at 10am EST.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
New leagues start on Mondays at 10am EST.
Ok. So once this league Im in ends, Im then put into another league automatically? Or can I decided when I want to join another league?

Because it seemed the game just decided for me the first time. The team I currently have is terrible and doing terrible. So if I get put into another league automatically based on that previous result, and then so on and so on, then what is the point? Because it would seem that you are screwed from day 1 if you dont handle it perfectly. I just wanted to check it out and next thing I know Im in a league without deciding to join. STUPID!
Old 12-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok. So once this league Im in ends, Im then put into another league automatically? Or can I decided when I want to join another league?

Because it seemed the game just decided for me the first time. The team I currently have is terrible and doing terrible. So if I get put into another league automatically based on that previous result, and then so on and so on, then what is the point? Because it would seem that you are screwed from day 1 if you dont handle it perfectly. I just wanted to check it out and next thing I know Im in a league without deciding to join. STUPID!
No matter how STUPID (emphasis yours) you may find it, what RainKing and Motorhead explained to you already is exactly how it works. Seasons run Monday through Saturday, playoffs on Sunday, and promotion / relegation is handled automatically. Between you create your team and the next start of a season on Monday, you play in the entry pool against random opponents in a 60-team pool. Position does not matter, you will always be moved to a proper league on Monday.

Also, the starter packs are hardwired to give a team of one gold, three silver, a dozen bronze, and the rest iron cards. Some get more useful cards, some less so, it's random, but ultimately everybody starts out roughly the same. The goal is to squeeze the most out of the cards you have to make PP to buy new packs, or work the market.

Or fork over money to buy packs with hard cash.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you opened your packs and named your team, you did everything perfectly. You can change the name of your team in the "customize team" section. You don't pick your league, the game does it.

Last edited by Orcin; 12-01-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #8
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Be patient...

Look around, manage your team and figure it out. It is free. If you had to buy the team I could see being upset.

Everyone's team is bad at the beginning, you have to improve it, organically or by artificial means (spending money). Organically would be the crock-pot way to build your perfect team and instant gratification can be had by spending money.

You can abandon your team and not play Perfect Team but that team will endure on auto-pilot and function as the Washington Generals did for the Harlem Globetrotters
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socali View Post
Look around, manage your team and figure it out. It is free. If you had to buy the team I could see being upset.

Everyone's team is bad at the beginning, you have to improve it, organically or by artificial means (spending money). Organically would be the crock-pot way to build your perfect team and instant gratification can be had by spending money.

You can abandon your team and not play Perfect Team but that team will endure on auto-pilot and function as the Washington Generals did for the Harlem Globetrotters
I dont care so much about being good or bad. Its that some basic essentials of how the game works are missing.

I just finished a phone app game. Tell me how you play it.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #10
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
No matter how STUPID (emphasis yours) you may find it, what RainKing and Motorhead explained to you already is exactly how it works. Seasons run Monday through Saturday, playoffs on Sunday, and promotion / relegation is handled automatically. Between you create your team and the next start of a season on Monday, you play in the entry pool against random opponents in a 60-team pool. Position does not matter, you will always be moved to a proper league on Monday.

Also, the starter packs are hardwired to give a team of one gold, three silver, a dozen bronze, and the rest iron cards. Some get more useful cards, some less so, it's random, but ultimately everybody starts out roughly the same. The goal is to squeeze the most out of the cards you have to make PP to buy new packs, or work the market.

Or fork over money to buy packs with hard cash.
To not completely explain how a game is played is beyond STUPID!

I just made a new sports game. Why dont you explain how to play it to me.....Ill wait.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #11
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To not completely explain how a game is played is beyond STUPID!

I just made a new sports game. Why dont you explain how to play it to me.....Ill wait.
You know what? I'd rather not deal with your attitude. You find the game STUPID? Fine. Do so. It is your prerogative. I'm - … (takes hands off)

(walks out)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #12
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Here's my suggestion:

"Hey everyone, I'm new to games like this and I'm not sure I understand exactly how Perfect Team works. Can someone please give me an overview so I can see if maybe I'll like it?"

At this point, that's how you should probably "just start over."
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #13
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I actually agree that Perfect Team could have a more streamlined and better explained set up and introduction. Some people will look through everything to find what they need, but some people need to be shown. There are features I am still missing because I have not yet trained my eyes where to look, nor has the game helped train them.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #14
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I dont care so much about being good or bad. Its that some basic essentials of how the game works are missing.

I just finished a phone app game. Tell me how you play it.
The OOTP game itself is very comprehensive and for that there is a learning curve it takes time. Have you played OOTP much prior to Perfect Team? That prior experience would be helpful in at least understanding that with OOTP's comprehensiveness Perfect Team would have a learning curve too.

I did not have the issues with Perfect Team as you are so I did not watch this video but Markus did post this so you may want to take this in:]

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=294247

Hope that helps. Have FUN!

Last edited by Socali; 12-01-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: cuz.
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #15
Maddox
All Star Reserve

The bottom line to the original question is you cannot start over. This is an online game mode and not an offline mode.You can't start over and get six new packs of cards over and over until you pull a team you are happy with. It would be exploitable. Imagine you we in an online league and you didn't like your draft. Do you think the other owners would let you have a do over?

You can change the name of your team, the logo, the uniforms and even the stadium. You are not stuck with the name it gave you.

You can't choose your league. Again this would be an exploit. We have not even begun the first real season yet so you are paired up with 49 other people who decided to start theirjourney around the same time you did. As weeks progress teams will be promoted or relegated based on their performance. This will hopefully make leagues more balanced over time but it will take a few cycles for that to start happening.

Until Monday you are in the entry league. Nothing really counts in that league. It is just a holding stage until the real season starts Monday morning. It is a way to have some game simulated, see who on your team performs, earn some extra Perfect points and try to improve your team.

Again, there is no getting out. You can walk away and not log in and your team is still in leagues and simulating. If you never play perfect team again then no harm/no foul. You won't care how good or bad they are doing. But if you come back in a few months the team will still be there and you will have probably earned enough points to buy some better players on the auction house.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #16
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Excellent explanation. Cool, calm, and reserved.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #17
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

:drools over the thought of months of unspent PPs: