Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #41
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
What I'm talking is about having Insiders report News/Rumors in Game like Trades so like at Draft Dranger might say like Panthers/Kings talking Trade. Also NBATK has Adam Silver announcing Picks so maybe Bettman annouce Trades on Day one and Teams announcing picks.
We don't have a PC Hockey Game that has live Play by Play anymore because ÑHL Live not made anymore for PC.

Trades with other Leagues? When somebody retires can become a Personal meaning Front Office or Staff Member? Personal Hall of Fame? Unretirements by Computer or even the person can annouce by them selfs saying unretiring?
Never change, Matt. Never change.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #42
George_Bell
All Star Starter

In historical replays, do the right teams have home ice advantage in the playoffs?
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #43
Cadieux39
Minors (Single A)

Question about Fictional games : Customizing.

I've got a Fictional game in OOTP, with 3 Pro leagues, 3 Minor leagues, 3, Feeder leagues... Leagues and teams north america and europe.

I love being able to customize the nationality of the fictional players coming into the developmental leagues... International tournaments. Rules limiting international players in certain leagues... Playoff format.... I love being able to see the evolution of my league over the years. Expansion of teams. Running my fictional league as a commissioner, adjusting and monitoring the financials of the league.

I am wondering if in FHM5, you can finally create an entire fictional world similar to how you can in recent OOTP versions

For example, having multiple Pro Leagues, each with a Minors System, and developmental system. So i could have a pro league or two in North America, one in Europe or England specifically... Or France... All with fictional generated players...

Thanks
Cadieux39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #44
habsfannick
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
How about staff hires? For example can you hire a coach under contract with a major junior team to your NHL team? Or promote an assistant coach or AHL head coach to your NHL team coaching staff/head coach?
I am also very curious about this, the ability to promote assistants or even scouts to higher jobs, or hire a successful junior coach is super important for me and would probably greatly impact my decision to buy the game.
habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #45
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
You can call up all your players and there are pre-season games. No scrimmages or intra-squad, no tryouts.
AI doesnt seem to bring up any players for games or give more playing time to backups. Not sure if this is by design or not so I thought I should mention it.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #46
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

We have like in OTTP Baseball Network News but no real Insiders and might not need a license to use ÑHL Network/TSN/NBCSN/ESPN guys in Game.

In real life in Training Camp Teams don't use other Stadium for Games like Lighting playing Home Preseason Games at Amway Arena in Orlando but maybe in this game.
Wavier Draft just before season starts?
Old 10-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #47
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Glad to see you guys keeping the Franchise going!
Any improvements to transactions? Trades and free agency are the things I'm most interested in.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:21 PM   #48
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfannick View Post
I am also very curious about this, the ability to promote assistants or even scouts to higher jobs, or hire a successful junior coach is super important for me and would probably greatly impact my decision to buy the game.

Then some good news for you - you can hire ppl for different jobs in this iteration of the game.
If a, f.e., scout has great ratings in training goalies you can make him your goalie coach. If you fire your head coach midway through the season you can promote one of your assistants to HC, and so on.
In general the staff system is much more variable now.

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:23 PM   #49
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
Glad to see you guys keeping the Franchise going!
Any improvements to transactions? Trades and free agency are the things I'm most interested in.

FA and trade engine has again improved a bit - not perfect, but way better then last year.

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 AM   #50
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Sebastien...

I was just wondering if this was a easy fix... So when i go to pull up someones profile and then hit the back button it goes back to the top of the UFA list then i have to move down the list again is there a way to fix this so that your still where you are are in the list? For example if i open a players profile in the middle of the list I then decide to hit back then im not at the beginning of the list im at the middle of the list
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:15 AM   #51
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Sebastien...

I was just wondering if this was a easy fix... So when i go to pull up someones profile and then hit the back button it goes back to the top of the UFA list then i have to move down the list again is there a way to fix this so that your still where you are are in the list? For example if i open a players profile in the middle of the list I then decide to hit back then im not at the beginning of the list im at the middle of the list
It was always how you wanted it in the previous editions of the game, I'm not sure why it isn't like that anymore but I also second this post. It's extremely annoying. Also sometimes when I hover over a player's name it doesn't give me the preview like it usually does (and has in old FHM's). There's like a 50% chance that it will.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:45 AM   #52
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Sebastien...

We changed the table system and might have missed some places to add this functionality (e.g. on the roster screen it works). We will bring it back everywhere of course, just might take a few days until we have the time for it (so might not be in Fridays update but should be in the first update after public release).
Old 10-02-2018, 04:50 AM   #53
Colorado
Major Leagues

I agree with that some extra immersion comments would be a great addition:

A respected insider has tweeted that Team A might be looking to move Player X.

Insiders are speculating that Team A and Team B could be close to finalising a trade deal.

Speaking on national radio, a reputable insider has said Team A are kicking the tyres on a potential trade for Team B's Player X.

A well-known hockey insider is reporting sources have told him Player Y has no intention of negotiating a contract extension with Team A.

Last edited by Colorado; 10-02-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #54
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Can you "unretire" a player?

I find it frustrating when players coming off really strong years retire while they still have gas in the tank.

If it were a rarity that would be one thing, but I've had guys that will sign a multi-year extension as the season is winding down retire when the season ends on multiple occasions.

Seems odd a guy would ink a new deal for two or three years, be one of my top players, and then retire at the end of the season.

Even more common is re-upping a guy for one season only to have him retire shortly after. Sometimes I've even had a guy sign the extension after the season ends... and then he retires days later.

I brought in Sergei Mozaykin from the KHL, signed him to a reasonable deal (I think it was in the $1.5 million range) and he really clicked on my first line and scored 37-goals. I then inked him to a 3-year deal worth $12 million and just days after signing that extension, he announced his retirement.

It's a dumb quirk of the AI, but it would be much less frustrating if I could just "undo" the retirement.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #55
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

I really didn't think this needed its own topic so here's a quick request:
Can you put the name of the league under the "Continue Game" section? This way we know what league we were playing last?
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #56
K-Espoo
Bat Boy

Can you do more advanced search than you could do in FHM4 when seaching players? For example if I'd like to find a player who is good at passing, positioning and speed, how would I do that? I'd like to be able to set following filters for example: Passing > 14, Positioning > 16 and Speed > 15. I believe this was not possible in FHM4 or I missed that option.

Also I'd like to have an option to set the player ratings page as my default player home page. IMO it shows much more useful information (roles, ratings) especially when seaching players than the default profile but this is just my personal preference.

Overall game looks great based on Twitch streams.
K-Espoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #57
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Save lines?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #58
heyctg
Bat Boy

Can you set all teams to human/AI like in OOTP?

Hi, does FHM 5 allow you to set all the teams to human control like OOTP did? I like to control/run the whole league and FHM 4 didn't allow me to do that

Last edited by heyctg; 10-03-2018 at 01:06 PM.
heyctg is offline   Reply With Quote