Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
thehef
Hall Of Famer

converting from OOTP 12 to OOTP 14

I understand that in order to convert a version 12 OOTP league to version 14, one must first convert to version 13, and then convert to 14. It's been stated elsewhere and seems to be common knowledge that in this scenario one does not need to purchase v13. Rather, one can use the demo version. However, when installing the regular version of v13, there is no option to use it as a demo.

Upon searching the 13 forums, I found a link to an actual demo version of 13 (News: Out of the Park Baseball 13 Demo). However, after downloading & installing, the same issue arises: There is no option to use as a demo; the only choices are to enter the license key or buy now.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this? I'd hate to have to buy 13 when I've barely even used 14 (which is only a brief stop on the way to 15).

Thanks in advance.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

One thing I can advise: Rather than getting the game from a site like that, I would download a previous version of OOTPB from the Index of OOTP. Maybe a version of OOTP 13 available there will do the trick. I see there is a "ootp13demosetup.exe" listed there which may be just the thing for you.

Probably too much information, but these days I shy away from downloading programs from third-party web sites. At the least, I don't trust them to give me the latest/correct version. Much worse are the instances of such sites engaging in PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) or other piggy-backed malware.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
One thing I can advise: Rather than getting the game from a site like that, I would download a previous version of OOTPB from the Index of OOTP. Maybe a version of OOTP 13 available there will do the trick. I see there is a "ootp13demosetup.exe" listed there which may be just the thing for you.

Probably too much information, but these days I shy away from downloading programs from third-party web sites. At the least, I don't trust them to give me the latest/correct version. Much worse are the instances of such sites engaging in PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) or other piggy-backed malware.
Thanks, Bru. I will give that a shot and report back.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Have you played the demo before? If you've already played the demo on your computer, and have used up the demo time, you won't be able to do anything else without activating it.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
Erik
All Star Reserve

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tp13-demo.html

Try following that link to a thread I started about this same situation. I downloaded the link The Game gave me and it worked so I could import.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:56 AM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tp13-demo.html

Try following that link to a thread I started about this same situation. I downloaded the link The Game gave me and it worked so I could import.
OK, but that link is the same one that OP says he used.

No, I think if he downloads the demo from the Index of OOTP and still cannot get it to work, then Fyrestorm may have figured out the problem.

- Bru

Old 02-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
I understand that in order to convert a version 12 OOTP league to version 14, one must first convert to version 13, and then convert to 14. It's been stated elsewhere and seems to be common knowledge that in this scenario one does not need to purchase v13. Rather, one can use the demo version. However, when installing the regular version of v13, there is no option to use it as a demo.

Upon searching the 13 forums, I found a link to an actual demo version of 13 (News: Out of the Park Baseball 13 Demo). However, after downloading & installing, the same issue arises: There is no option to use as a demo; the only choices are to enter the license key or buy now.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this? I'd hate to have to buy 13 when I've barely even used 14 (which is only a brief stop on the way to 15).

Thanks in advance.
If you can't get your 2012 game imported, zip/rar and upload (just the .dat files from the saved game you want to import) somwhere and I can Import it for you. I've still got 13 installed.

Last edited by Bigrod; 02-09-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #8
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
If you can't get your 2012 game imported, zip/rar and upload (just the .dat files from the saved game you want to import) somwhere and I can Import it for you. I've still got 13 installed.
A very generous offer! I will definitely take you up on it if I am unable to figure it out from using Bru's suggestion.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Update: I downloaded the demo of v13 from here - Index of /ootp - and it worked. I was able to successfully import a game from v12. (This was after accidentally downloading v3 - wow was that a shocker to see that main screen from that version!)

Thank you DejaBru for pointing me towards the correct demo, and thanks to Bigrod for your offer. Much appreciated!!

(Note that I downloaded the demo on a different computer from the one that had previously downloaded the demo, so the issue that Fyrestorm still may have presented itself had I tried downloading to my main pc.)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #10
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Update: I downloaded the demo of v13 from here - Index of /ootp - and it worked. I was able to successfully import a game from v12. (This was after accidentally downloading v3 - wow was that a shocker to see that main screen from that version!)

Thank you DejaBru for pointing me towards the correct demo, and thanks to Bigrod for your offer. Much appreciated!!

(Note that I downloaded the demo on a different computer from the one that had previously downloaded the demo, so the issue that Fyrestorm still may have presented itself had I tried downloading to my main pc.)
Woot! Who's the man here?

- Bru

Old 02-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Woot! Who's the man here?
Why you of course
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #12