Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #61
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Kent,

Thanks for the kind words. Actually these videos were done last year for OOTP 13 so as for #1

1) This is based on last year's roster set in 2012

and as for #2, you may not be able to get your resolution high enough to see 6 or more boxes. If you are playing the game in windowed mode, changing it to full screen will give you a bit more room. Otherwise, try setting your laptop to the highest resolution it offers and changing the OOTP settings to reflect the change you made. This can be done within the preferences tab on the start menu.

Hope that helps,

Cody
Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #62
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Hey Cody - thanks ever so much for the videos.

I'm entirely new to the game of baseball and to OOTP. I've tried playing the free versions of OOTP in the past (IIRC something like v6 or 7) but always got completely overwhelmed and gave up. However, your videos have really helped ease me into the game (OOTP 14). I can now play the GM aspects fairly well by following the principles and screens you explained in your videos (the second video regarding the 25 and 40 man rosters was particularly useful).

If you're ever inclined to make a further video, a line-up selection one would be awesome. Or if anybody knows of a decent tutorial on how to go about selecting the line-up, I'd be very grateful (e.g. what stats/attributes should I be looking for in each position, etc).
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #63
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Kent,

Thanks for the kind words. Actually these videos were done last year for OOTP 13 so as for #1

1) This is based on last year's roster set in 2012

and as for #2, you may not be able to get your resolution high enough to see 6 or more boxes. If you are playing the game in windowed mode, changing it to full screen will give you a bit more room. Otherwise, try setting your laptop to the highest resolution it offers and changing the OOTP settings to reflect the change you made. This can be done within the preferences tab on the start menu.

Hope that helps,

Cody
Hi Cody,

If you think about doing anything as good as this again, maybe you could cover the how's and why's of WORLDS, TEMPLATES, QUICKSTARTS, DATABASES and STATS. I find these to be a bit confusing.

Thanks.

JP
Old 12-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #64
mwhite
Bat Boy

Thumbs up Instructional videos

Cody - Cannot begin to tell you how informative and helpful these videos are. This is a extremely beneficial to "newbies" (such as myself) as we all know the complexity of OOTP can be a bit overwhelming for some people.

How refreshing to have these instructional videos presented without blaring rap-music / metal beats excessively droning on in the back-ground (think YouTube). This was like a professional classroom setting which we were able to learn / review and re-enforce the critical elements of the OOTP experience.

For that I congratulate and "thank you."
Extremely well-done!

Would really appreciate you doing an instructional video on "logo-placement" and "generating player-uniforms" inside the game. I understand the process is suppose to be fairly-simple, however, a video-tutorial like the ones you have produced - would be enormously valuable to the OOTP Community.

Noticed inside your game, that you have done a remarkable job placing team logos to give your baseball universe a polished professional look. My goal would be to replicate the same thing in my own OOTP Universe as well.

Once again, on behave of the entire OOTP Community - we thank you for the time and valuable energy. You have produced a critical service and we are most appreciative of your talents and effort.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #65
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite View Post
Cody - Cannot begin to tell you how informative and helpful these videos are. This is a extremely beneficial to "newbies" (such as myself) as we all know the complexity of OOTP can be a bit overwhelming for some people.

How refreshing to have these instructional videos presented without blaring rap-music / metal beats excessively droning on in the back-ground (think YouTube). This was like a professional classroom setting which we were able to learn / review and re-enforce the critical elements of the OOTP experience.

For that I congratulate and "thank you."
Extremely well-done!

Would really appreciate you doing an instructional video on "logo-placement" and "generating player-uniforms" inside the game. I understand the process is suppose to be fairly-simple, however, a video-tutorial like the ones you have produced - would be enormously valuable to the OOTP Community.

Noticed inside your game, that you have done a remarkable job placing team logos to give your baseball universe a polished professional look. My goal would be to replicate the same thing in my own OOTP Universe as well.

Once again, on behave of the entire OOTP Community - we thank you for the time and valuable energy. You have produced a critical service and we are most appreciative of your talents and effort.
Thanks for the kind words. I ended up doing a quick video about custom jerseys, caps, colors, etc. Hope it is helpful. The link is on the first post.