Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
On Fri 4/28, OOTP should look back in the rotation and select the next starter H. Stansel. Instead it looks back at the seven day lineup and takes the pitcher that schedule to pitch Friday. It's like OOTP should clear the starting pitcher when it clears the lineup but it doesn't.
Thanks for the pics. With the setting of 'Clear Lineup After Use' to Yes (as you have), it will clear the pitcher out also. So I don't think that is a problem.

The game reverts back to your Pitching tab (which has also been advancing in the background) after the 7-day lineups are used up and cleared. It doesn't look at who started last. So there could be a problem if you have 'Strict Order' set up there, but the starter due up is not the most rested. Make sure that, in your example, Jammer is also due to pitch on 4/21 with 'Strict Order' setting on the Pitching tab. Then everthing should be OK. Alternatively, you could use the 'Highest Rested Starter' option and the AI will figure it out for you, but then you might end up with 90% rested players starting. Or as you noted, you can just remove the

Personally, I don't use 7-day lineups if the sim is longer than 7 days. At that point, you are up the the AI's whims anyway and you might as well just use the depth charts and rotations tabs to your benefit.

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 02-01-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #22
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
Thanks for the pics. With the setting of 'Clear Lineup After Use' to Yes (as you have), it will clear the pitcher out also. So I don't think that is a problem.

The game reverts back to your Pitching tab (which has also been advancing in the background) after the 7-day lineups are used up and cleared. It doesn't look at who started last. So there could be a problem if you have 'Strict Order' set up there, but the starter due up is not the most rested. Make sure that, in your example, Jammer is also due to pitch on 4/21 with 'Strict Order' setting on the Pitching tab. Then everthing should be OK. Alternatively, you could use the 'Highest Rested Starter' option and the AI will figure it out for you, but then you might end up with 90% rested players starting. Or as you noted, you can just remove the

Personally, I don't use 7-day lineups if the sim is longer than 7 days. At that point, you are up the the AI's whims anyway and you might as well just use the depth charts and rotations tabs to your benefit.
But the problem is that it doesn't clear the pitcher out. At least not where it counts. If people that are encountering this problem have the tired pitcher pitching back-to-back games. It occurs because it looks like it's just using the pitcher that pitched the on that day in the past week.

You have to manually take those pitchers out of your seven day lineup for it to work. At least that has worked for me. And i'm in two online leagues and recently dropped out of as third. i always use seven day lineups. And since i've started leaving the starting pitcher section blank, i don't run into this problem anymore.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Old 02-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #23
battists
Hall Of Famer

DH, this is great info. I feel like I'm finally getting a grasp of the issue. I've pinged Markus to see if he can give me more detail on what the code is attempting to do there...

Thanks!

Steve
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But the problem is that it doesn't clear the pitcher out. At least not where it counts. If people that are encountering this problem have the tired pitcher pitching back-to-back games. It occurs because it looks like it's just using the pitcher that pitched the on that day in the past week.

You have to manually take those pitchers out of your seven day lineup for it to work. At least that has worked for me. And i'm in two online leagues and recently dropped out of as third. i always use seven day lineups. And since i've started leaving the starting pitcher section blank, i don't run into this problem anymore.
My problem with this is the 7-day lineup should be for the batters only. I don't mind the starter being shown but it should be separated and reflect the rotation as set in the pitching tab. That in turn should be the controlling item, not the 7-day lineup.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
But the problem is that it doesn't clear the pitcher out. At least not where it counts.
When 'clear lineup after use' is checked, then the SP is cleared too. I have tested it, and under no circumstances does it not clear the pitcher. So, I am 100% sure that people who have this 'problem' have strict order set which causes trouble when the game tries to use an empty 7-day spot.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #26
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

So exactly what settings do i need to use and not use to keep this from happening?
I just had a SP START both games of a doubleheader and yes i did have other pitchers available.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
rutri01
All Star Reserve

7 day lineup trouble

I had this trouble and the easiest thing to do as some have mentioned is to remove the pitcher from the 7 day lineups. The correct pitcher will pitch each day and the never pitch back to back games again. You can change your 7 day lineups all you want just make sure the pitcher is never in the slot.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
aewin
Major Leagues

I have been having the same issue with pitchers pitching out of order - especially frustrating as one approaches the postseason and you try to have your top starters rested. I propose to try deleting pitchers from the 7 day lineups now.

Not sure if this info will help any, but my most recent experience is set out below from spring training in The Show:

Pitching Page: 6-man rotation, Next Starter SP1, Strict Order

7 day lineup: SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5, SP6, SP1, YES, YES if handedness doesn't mach, YES allow starting subs, YES allow SP sub, YES clear lineup

(I realise I have YES allow SP sub on but the result is still very odd given SPs1-6 only started and didn't relieve at any stage, so were clearly rested when their start was due.)

Sim 1 (SPs):

SP1
SP2
SP3
SP4
SP5
MR4 !!!
SP1
SP2
SP3
MR4 !!!
SP5
SP6
Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #29
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Im giving up on 7-day lineups. It just wrecks havoc with my pitching. I tried every which way i can but before i make any changes it shows the # 4 pitcher is suppose to start but in the lineups it will have #2. With #1 pitching 2 starts in 3 days. Seems like the 7 day lineups could work with a little better with the regular rotation You shouldnt have to redo each SP if your rotation hasnt changed. You should only have to enter a pitcher if its changed from your rotation. The game should then just go to the next starter. Only if you schedule #1 pitching on 1st and 3rd starts should the game get confused.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #30
battists
Hall Of Famer

I had a conversation with Markus about this, and he feels that the issue has to do with a particular combination of settings: strict rotation together with clearing 7-day lineups after use. When these are used in combination, the game can run into scenarios where the lineup is blank, and the strategy says strict rotation, but the next starter in the rotation is exhausted, hence pitching a MR instead.

So, if you are going to clear your lineups, you should always use "start highest rested starter." If you're running your league in such a way that you can manually adjust after each 7 days, this shouldn't be an issue. But in online leagues where the sim duration is greater than 7 days, this could be particularly problematic.

I'm going to look at adding some clarification to the manual on this, as well as seeing if we can't make it a little more clear in the interface in OOTP 11.

Let me know if this makes sense, or doesn't!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #31
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Kinda but why wouldnt it use the spot starter first? But my complaint wasnt
really a MR starting but rather a SP making two starts in a row.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #32
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Kinda but why wouldnt it use the spot starter first? But my complaint wasnt
really a MR starting but rather a SP making two starts in a row.
This is a tough issue to follow, because I suspect that this thread probably covers a number of different scenarios. In the case where your SP made two starts in a row, do you happen to know exactly what your settings were, including whether you have strict order or highest rested selected?

Are you in an online league, or is this just for your own personal use?

Steve
Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #33
battists
Hall Of Famer

I've posted some suggestions for attempting to clarify this for OOTP 11, and we'll see what we can do about that. For now, I believe that my post a few up from here may explain the problem you were seeing. We haven't heard from the OP in some time, so I'm going to go ahead and close out this issue.

If someone still wants to discuss this further, please submit a ticket via our new support site, and we'll do our best to address it!

Thanks!