Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
TheKid
Bat Boy

Intermitten Roster Error When Updating League files

OK, so i've looked around where i can given the time i have right now, so if this is somewhere else i do apologize.

I run an online league. I'm pretty sure i have the latest patch installed (i'm not at home at the moment, so i'll get that info for you when i get home tomorrow).

here's the issues:

I upload the league files using the in-game menus, i create the files, create the archive and then upload the archive. Repeatedly, but not everytime, i have a GM come to me saying the file's bad. I've seen what they are talking about as well on my end and don't know what's going on. When this happens, the rosters are all messed up with a lot of "Joe Unknown" players on everyone's rosters (including the MLB rosters where real players should be).

We have gotten around this issue by deleting the league and re-downloading the file. Again, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to repeat this with any consistency, as there is nothing that is done differently when it occurs (at least that i can tell).

I'd be happy to provide any further information that you need. My E-mail address is Jonathan.Davis26@gmail.com

We are using a real life players file (sry if that's not the technical term lol).

Again, any other information you need, i'd be happy to supply.

Thank you

jon
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
TheKid
Bat Boy

For further information, i went to open my file this morning and it was also plagued with Joe Unknowns throughout most of the league. I'm running version 10.4.29 (idk if that's the most up to date version or not).

I was able to upload the reports completely fine.

I usually create and upload the file first, then the reports, so i don't know why the file would be messed up, but the reports not.

Again if there is any more information that can be given, i will provide it.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

Sounds weird.
Only some GMs get a bad file? Perhaps they get the file before the upload is complete?

Another thought:
Do you always include names.dat and retired.dat in your upload of the game file after a sim?
If not, do.
I don't know why but it solves a lot of problems and prevents others from happening.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroyalgm View Post
Sounds weird.
Only some GMs get a bad file? Perhaps they get the file before the upload is complete?

Another thought:
Do you always include names.dat and retired.dat in your upload of the game file after a sim?
If not, do.
I don't know why but it solves a lot of problems and prevents others from happening.
These two suggestions would be my thought as well. One other one is: Do you have it set for users to download via HTTP and not FTP?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
TheKid
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroyalgm View Post
Sounds weird.

Another thought:
If not, do.
I did not, i will try this and see if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
These two suggestions would be my thought as well. One other one is: Do you have it set for users to download via HTTP and not FTP?
I believe i have it set up for FTP. I don't even know how to set it up so they download via HTTP, so maybe there is something i'm missing there... I've never had this issue before and i've run another league. What can i look at to determine if i've got it setup vai FTP or HTTP?

Can you think of any reason that it would do this on my file as well after closing the game? It's got me very confused to say the least. (thank god for back ups tho lol)
Old 01-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #6
TheKid
Bat Boy

So far, so good with the including the names and retired dat files when doing the file upload.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

Hi there. I'm very sorry it's taken us so long to post an "official" reply in this thread. Still, I'd like to figure out if there is still an issue here, so we can make sure it gets taken care of for OOTP 11. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Thanks very much,

Steve
Old 02-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Hi there. I'm very sorry it's taken us so long to post an "official" reply in this thread. Still, I'd like to figure out if there is still an issue here, so we can make sure it gets taken care of for OOTP 11. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Thanks very much,

Steve
Steve,

I'm not very caught up on all of the new systems, so not sure how to refer to it directly, but this is the same issue as currently logged issue #131 that was opened to try to make sure it is not an issue for ootp 11.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

Since we haven't heard back from this poster in quite some time, I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread.

If you want to continue discussing this issue, please submit a ticket via our new support site.

Thanks very much!