Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
blingerman
Bat Boy

patch issues

Hi all - I'm brand new to this game. I did a search before this post so I apologize if this has already been addressed. I recently purchased this game and went to download the patch. It loads up fine, I agree to the terms but the install button is greyed out and I'm unable to install the patch. Can someone please help me? I am using windows 7 and installed to the default location, thank you
Old 02-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

Hi blingerman. Welcome to OOTP!

When you first download the game you should already have the latest patch so you most likely didn't need to patch the game.

I know Afino once got around this problem by reinstalling the full install instead of the patch so if you really did need a patch you could have just reinstalled the full install.

So is your game working since the patch would not install? If yes and your version shows as 10.4.31 or 10.4.36 (the latter only fixed some possible FTP and cosmetic issues so either or should do fine) then you should be good to go.

If your attempt at installing the patch screwed things up to the point where the full install no longer works, however, then unlicense, uninstall and reinstall it. Only bother doing that if you have to though.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
blingerman
Bat Boy

thanks for the reply. The game version is 10.0.8 - I purchased it from Gamestops website. I tried redownloading, however that didn't work. The game is playable , it's just the earlier build . How do you unlicense it before a reinstall? Where can I download the full version?- I have still have my license code so maybe I'll just do that - please let me know thank you

Last edited by blingerman; 02-20-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Oh, you got it from GameStop. That might be a bit of a problem. See, I didn't realize it was available there (I don't work for OOTP) so I looked and the publisher shows as Strategy First which we've seen some problems with. The problem is if you got it from Strategy First (or another company by way of SF) then you'll need their patch or full install since they have a different licensing scheme than OOTP's regular one. I'm afraid the only way you're going to be able to patch is by getting it or a fully updated full install from either GameStop or Strategy First.

If you ever get OOTP again I recommend you get it directly from them as it's much easier to patch that way. I know, it all seems rather ridiculous the hoops you have to go through, but hopefully OOTP has learned not to use SF again.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Yes, if you have the Strategy First version of the game, unfortunately, you will need to deal directly with Strategy First to get a patch. I'm sorry we can't be of more help here!

Steve
Old 03-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Since we haven't heard back from this poster in quite some time, I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread.

If you want to continue discussing this issue, please submit a ticket via our new support site.

Thanks very much!