Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

A question about player photos ...

... OK, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I have searched exhaustively for a previous thread about this and have come up empty.

I recently bought OOTP and my question -- Is there any way to switch from the generated photo to the player's REAL photo while in the team roster screen? For example, in another game (PureSim) you can go to the player rating screen and change the picture there. Where would I go to change it in OOTP? Any help would be appreciated.
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
SteveP

There are two steps involved:

1. First, there has to be a real photo for the player in the place that the game expects to find it. Once a fictional photo has already been created for that player (which it appears to be the case for you), you have to then make sure a copy of the real photo is placed in the news/html/images folder inside your saved game folder. Be sure that the name on the real photo is the exact same as the name of the player in the game (sometimes you get slight differences).

2. Once the proper real photo is in the images folder, then you just need to reload your saved game. From that point on, the real photo will show up for that player in all locations.

Hope that helps.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
rem
Hall Of Famer

Game > Game Setup > Player & Picture Options > Player Pictures for no fictional pictures (upper right)

You have to provide the pictures yourself, complete sets can be downloaded from various places. Lemme know if need help with that.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

... Thanks to both of you for your help, and for the quick responses. I just was wondering if in-game I could change the photos; it looks like I'll have to recycle the game on/off to trial and error them.

And Remangiii, I have downloaded all of the photo sets (which by the way are an awesome undertaking for those that built them) and I also can create my own photos, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm usually the type of player who plays more of a pure sim in that I run historical seasons with historical transactions. I have Diamond Mind, which runs those types of games really well, but I just wanted to see how a graphically impressive and customizable game like OOTP handles them and to dabble in the complexity of the game itself.
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Dutch View Post
I just was wondering if in-game I could change the photos; it looks like I'll have to recycle the game on/off to trial and error them.
Keep in mind that you don't have to quit OOTP -- you only have to reload the saved game, so it's not a big deal really.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote