Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #21
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Some attention and some kind of response would seem to be order----don't ya think ??????
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #22
endgame
Hall Of Famer

All right guys, sorry for the frustration as well as the time it's taking to make progress in the technical areas. I'll shoot this around and see if someone has some answers that are not blatantly obvious.

As a reminder, while I know you're anxious to resolve the problem, the Tech threads are often serviced - by volunteers - from the oldest to the newest (with additional monitor of those being 'discussed' with the poster), so adding additional posts and commentary, however helpful you think it may be, results in the thread being bumped to the end of the line instead of the immediate attention you want it to receive.

Also, if this is an engine-created issue (which it doesn't sound like, but maybe), Markus is still out-of-pocket for the most part and if his input is needed, it won't be happening overnight.

I'll review the issue as best I'm able, though not a historical player, and refer it to others who may be able shed some light on it as soon as possible, i.e. the next day or two. Not to stir the embers, but I'm wondering at the onset why there are only two or three folks posting about it and it's not a rampant thread or issue? If there are any specifics aside from what you've already laid out, please add them to the thread. I'll do my best to get the issue, at least, logged this evening, so it's on Markus' table as well as those trying to help out in Tech Support.

Thanks again for your patience.

Last edited by endgame; 07-10-2009 at 11:53 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
targy
All Star Starter

Maybe it is isolated incident and maybe some people for some reason have not noticed but I would say that if there more than one person reporting it that it is a problem. I as an avid OOTP player usually do not have such drastic issues with the game. I do appreciate you getting beck to me. I hope the other posters have a .lg file to send you as I went off to start a fictional league. I do want to get back to historical though

Thanks again
Old 07-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #24
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Oops. Sorry. This was my bad. I just filed the thread in the wrong place. The issue is still logged and pending review by the developers.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #25
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #26
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Since I have finally started playing, I think I understand why this is occurring. The game will automatically load schedule files that fit a particular league parameters (configuration, games, etc). In doing that it will cycle through available files if more than one fits the league parameters or it will load a particular file for a particular league and year like "major_league_ml_c_1998".

I believe that what is happening is the parameters from the previous year set some key dates for the next season, then there is a clash with the schedule used in the next season. The clash is that the new regular season is set to begin before the pre-season & spring training can complete based on the dates set down by the previous season schedule.

Here is an example situation where this may occur. Say there are two schedules that a league would use over a 2-season period for either the cycling or name/year reason above. Say the first season is set to begin the first Monday on or after April 8th. The season runs through, the playoffs complete, and the league goes into offseason. At this point I believe the keys dates going forward are established. These include the preseason, spring training, and regular season start dates for the next season. Suppose those dates for the second season are established as Feb10, Mar12, Apr11.

However, then suppose the second schedule file however is set to begin the first Monday on or after April 1st, i.e., one week earlier. At some point in the offseason (the very start of preseason?) that new schedule is loaded and that new regular season start date comes into effect. Now instead of Apr11, the start date for the regular season becomes Apr4. But the preseason and spring training start dates apparently remain Feb10 & Mar12. But there are then not the usual 30 days between the start of spring training and the regular season. In fact, there are not even enough days for the 24 spring training games without them running into the regular season.

At least I am pretty sure that is what is happening. I have not gone into any testing of it, but I think that story fits together.

Last edited by gmo; 07-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #27
targy
All Star Starter

Thank you very much for looking into this matter
Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

What I've been doing in the mean time is deleting the spring training games that are conflicting.

But this really needs to be fixed a.s.a.p
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

What's odd about this problem is that it did not happen last year, at least, not that I ever recall seeing.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote