Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #81
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have once again taken a 2-0 series lead in the diamond level division series. Hoping against hope that the team doesn't drop 3 straight like last "season" against the Tea Totallers.

This time the squad will have to grab one win against either diamond Pedro, diamond Johan, or diamond Carlton. Not loving my odds (I have diamond Brandon Webb, then TBD/bullpen magic trick, then gold Steve Busby), but did already beat diamond Carlton to win game 1. Have had some success against each of these pitchers in the regular season. I would like to deploy my shiny in-season acquisition Harry Brecheen, but my opponents have really been unbalanced/stronger against LHPs so I'm trying to limit the exposure.

Will the Frogs make Perfect level next week? Tune in to find out!

EDIT: That'll do it. The Frogs broke out for 8 runs in the 10th inning to snap a 5-5 tie and advance to the LCS. Movin' on up!

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 05-19-2019 at 02:05 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 PM   #82
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to some very fortunate seeding, my Colonels (93-69) are in the sub-league series while four other teams with over 100 wins are done for the year. My opponent (107-55) was 5-1 against me this year, but he did not face any of my top three pitchers (two were added late).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #83
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

question: do you get end of the year award PPs for players that aren't on the team anymore?

I'm asking because I just sold my ace on the AH and he has a decent shot to win the Cy Young award.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #84
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
All of my teams are dead in both 19 & 20 so I guess I get Sunday off!

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #85
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
question: do you get end of the year award PPs for players that aren't on the team anymore?

I'm asking because I just sold my ace on the AH and he has a decent shot to win the Cy Young award.
I'd say no given how vanilla OOTP handles awards for traded players during the season.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #86
Izz
Hall Of Famer

It kinda stinks that the first round and a half of the playoffs typically occur while I'm asleep. Have to set everything up the night before and hope for the best.

We lost the G316 AC Division Series 3-1 to the Bold Strategy Cottons, our offense unable to get anything going.

Next season will be our 6th in Gold. We've been to the playoffs the last 4 seasons but are yet to make it past the Division Series. I don't mind too much, though. Our rotation is very weak and we'd get torn apart up in Diamond.

My favorite part of the week is still coming up: the end of season pack ripping!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #87
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
My opponent (107-55) was 5-1 against me this year, but he did not face any of my top three pitchers (two were added late).

Lost the series 4-1 and really not competitive. Hubbell pitched three games in the postseason and was 0-3 with a 7.04 ERA. Is that an ace? I don't think so. I can get terrible pitching for a lot fewer points.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #88
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Made it past the DS in diamond level finally, but we have another painful playoff exit for the Frogs. Went up 2-0 in the LCS (stop me if I've said this before...) and proceeded to drop 4 straight. Bruce Sutter basically lost the series by himself. lol. He gave up 4 runs in the 9th inning of game 6 to allow the other team to send the game to extras (and win). Even before that game, he blew a 4-4 tie game in the 8th inning of game 4, gave up a walk-off double in the 9th inning of game 3, got nobody out in game 2 while walking one batter.

Sutter was fantastic in the regular season and did have a clean inning in game 1 for the save, so I think I'll keep him. Maybe just need to watch his fatigue level a little closer in the playoffs.

I am excited to run with the big dogs in perfect and see what kinds of teams and strategies are going on up there.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #89
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Lost the series 4-1 and really not competitive. Hubbell pitched three games in the postseason and was 0-3 with a 7.04 ERA. Is that an ace? I don't think so. I can get terrible pitching for a lot fewer points.
I got "Kershaw-ed" a lot by my ace too. I keep say "this is a new season, won't happen again" and it always happened again.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #90
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

The Jonestown Athletics came back from a 3 games-1game deficit to defeat the Marshall Cardinals 4 games - 3 games to advance to the Diamond League Series. I'd like to congratulate Marshall on a fine series and a great season. Jonestown Athletics will now face Taiji Whalers. Want to also congratulate La Crosse Fighting Frogs on a fine season. I'll update the results of this Championship Series at it's conclusion.

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 PM   #91
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbolts35 View Post
The Jonestown Athletics came back from a 3 games-1game deficit to defeat the Marshall Cardinals 4 games - 3 games to advance to the Diamond League Series. I'd like to congratulate Marshall on a fine series and a great season. Jonestown Athletics will now face Taiji Whalers. Want to also congratulate La Crosse Fighting Frogs on a fine season. I'll update the results of this Championship Series at it's conclusion.
Thanks! Good luck to you in the finals. That Marshall team you beat was loaded.

I like how you use a lot of Athletics on your team...they have had quite an amazing group of players over the years.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:05 PM   #92
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I got "Kershaw-ed" a lot by my ace too. I keep say "this is a new season, won't happen again" and it always happened again.
Well, it won't happen to me again... at least Hubbell won't do it. He is gone.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:56 PM   #93
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Bees are battling for a wild card spot.

Thieves are stronger this year, leading division at the moment by a few games.

Giants are also leading division at the moment by a few games.

Should be an interesting Saturday.

Bees won wild card game but lost their divisional playoff and will stay in Gold. Acquired a few high CON, GAP, and AVOID K players today, upgraded the bullpen (I hope), upgraded the defense a lot especially the infield, and acquired a few groundball starters. See how this works next year.

Thieves made the final and are finally promoted to Gold, but look like they will be overmatched in the finals.

Negro League theme team Giants made the semis (lost) and will be moving up to Diamond. Be interesting to see how they do in Diamond. Small ball approach seems to have worked in gold. Not a lot of options for upgrading, but saving for a low diamond Mays to replace my gold Mays...

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-19-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:13 AM   #94
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Won the P400 WS with this 107 win team, a bunch of small-ballish defensive guys and good pitching. Everyone has a max defensive rating of 100+ at their position with the exception of Carew (71) and Ellsbury (97).

There were a couple of really nice teams, one in each conference; one with 131 wins, the other with 119. 131 win team lost to mine in the LCS and the 119 win team lost in the DS on the other side.

Not a ton of great teams in the league this season, but I don't care, I'll take it.

Last edited by pappyzan; 06-26-2019 at 12:05 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:24 AM   #95
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Won the P400 WS with this 107 win team, a bunch of small-ballish defensive guys and good pitching. Everyone has a max defensive rating of 100+ at their position with the exception of Carew (71) and Ellsbury (97).

There were a couple of really nice teams, one in each conference; one with 131 wins, the other with 119. 131 win team lost to mine in the LCS and the 119 win team lost in the DS on the other side.

Not a ton of great teams in the league this season, but I don't care, I'll take it.

Great job! This gives me hope because your build is similar to mine.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:44 AM   #96
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

92 Rose played 50 games and hit .262, 4HR, 31 RBI, 11 2B, 17 BB. Not superstar numbers, but it's a small sample size. He hit .358 in the postseason and was the DS MVP. Finished with a 21 game hit streak.

I like this card overall, will roll out the Rose gold card if this one ever hits the fan, but I don't expect it to.

Last edited by pappyzan; 05-20-2019 at 03:03 AM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:47 AM   #97
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

In an epic Diamond League Series that went all 7 games, The Taiji Whalers defeated the Jonestown Athletics 4 games to 3. After Taiji took the first 2 games of the series on Jonestown home field, the Jonestown Athletics came roaring back to take 3 straight games on Taiji home field. But being at home proved to be a curse in this series as the Taija Whalers were able to win the final 2 games of the series in Jonestown. Congratulations to the Taiji Whalers on their Championship!

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:49 AM   #98
diamond3017
Minors (Single A)

Has anybody else noticed that the Rookie Sensation Pedro Martinez card has a position rating at 3B? He's on a team in my league, so I thought he might have somehow gotten into a game at 3B and gained a rating, but he's like that in the auction pool, too.
diamond3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:54 AM   #99
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

The Calgary Outlaws won the Iron League, beating the Chicago Cubs in 5. The real win was defeating the Cinci Dragons in the sub-league series in the 11th inning in Game 7 on a single by Darryl Strawberry. Although the Outlaws had the most wins during the regular season, they only went 4-3 against Cinci and the Dragons had a much higher "rated" lineup throughout.
jslmsca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:10 AM   #100
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Doha managed to win the WS in game 7 after going down 3-0.
Attached Images

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote