Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #21
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I don't have any issue with pay to win, but I'd have a huge issue with pay to make the powers that be turn their heads. I'd also like to think this isn't the case, but until we know that this is something the developers actually look at (in a general sense, not necessarily this one case) instead of providing lip service, we can only hope for the best.
Yeah, In this case I do not think they turned their head as far as this guy spending loads of money. On his reserved roster he has no perfect 10 Diamonds 16 golds and 3 silvers. On his Active roster the best he has is a 69 rated player and at least 6 players in the 40s which means 0 of his diamonds, gold or silver players are on the active roster. So he was definitely not a whale team(I hate that term ) but he could have fielded a competitive team . After all he got to perfect with it in the first place. My problem with it is “He is definitely hurting the league by breaking the rules because he is not a good enough player to compete with equal or close enough teams and whants to run back to a league he can easily win in his opinion.” We do not need rule Breakers playing this game. What is the point of that? I do not think OOTP turned their heads because he spent money but I do think they are not as good as they pretend to be on punishing these cheaters. I thought once I turned him in ootp would put in his best players and let the AI adjust it. When that did not happen I went public with it. Still nothing happened . So What kind of scares me is that it might have just been a bluff on OOTP talk of punishment for doing this. Now that I see it happened and nothing was done I will not bother to take it public again. It only causes trouble and unease. I will report it on the league page and hope maybe someone will read it in OOTP Management and care...

Last edited by Zorro; 01-18-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM   #22
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised they haven't done anything about it since this thread exists. I'm kind of disappointed they haven't, too.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #23
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Even if they have taken action there is only so much I would think that they can do mid season. They could have banned the user and just can't remove his team until the end of the season.

If that is the case though then they should take over the team and allow the computer to reinsert the better players into active roster and lineup.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #24
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Even if they have taken action there is only so much I would think that they can do mid season. They could have banned the user and just can't remove his team until the end of the season.

If that is the case though then they should take over the team and allow the computer to reinsert the better players into active roster and lineup.
I don’t care about banning him I just thought they would put his good players back in and let the AI run it. I am not trying to cause trouble to anyone at OOTP or this team owner , I was just hoping OOTP would jump in and do the right thing since the owner did not.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #25
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

In truth I am 25 games ahead in my Division so I do not need the wild card spot but it does help me try and get home field advantage in the playoffs. That is not fair to the other teams who will be playing against someone who is trying while I play this loser...

Last edited by Zorro; 01-18-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #26
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Also let it be said that I love this game or mode. I don’t care if you spend your whole paycheck and get every perfect card or do not spend a dime but please if you decide to play don’t hurt other players because you are not good enough to compete for whatever reason you think you have. Just walk away or play by the rules that OOTP made for this mode. If you do not like them just go play another mode instead of hurting players who play fair.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:10 AM   #27
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I see the offending team’s record now is 15-111. O_o
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:22 AM   #28
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I cannot think of anything to say about folks like this that can be printed.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #29
Clavette
Major Leagues

I have this happening in a diamond league. Team called the capybaras has benched all their players and is playing irons with a 15 win record.

I reported but I dont expect anything to happen. Sad to see someone doing it in diamond
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:14 AM   #30
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Just as an FYI, I noticed that this user was actually in one of my leagues this past week. He only managed 31 wins in Diamond league so he will be heading back to gold.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #31
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Just as an FYI, I noticed that this user was actually in one of my leagues this past week. He only managed 31 wins in Diamond league so he will be heading back to gold.
Now their starters will go back in unless they want to pick on Silver teams.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:45 AM   #32
Maddox
All Star Reserve

It seems like such a waste of time and will probably be a wash in the end.

They sacrifice at least two seasons of getting any worthwhile points for just to potentially get more when they put their starters back in. There is no guarantee how many points you will get in that case and no evidence that it is the better long term plan than just sticking in your current league.

And with only two months or so left before 20 it just seems like a waste of precious time.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:55 AM   #33
screamingpalm
Minors (Single A)

Hey there, I have a question about this topic. I had converted my first two teams into themes- an all-Mariner team and an all-Orioles team. My third team started out planned to be my try-hard team. I drew some lucky cards out of my first packs, got a Sale and a Bonds (99 version). Some other good draws... a Freddie Freeman, a Carrasco, and Joe Morgan, couple more diamonds some golds- my luck was off the chain. Then it hit me (again). I got bored. Bored of seeing the same players over and over. So I wanted to try something different hehe.

I put all my top cards into reserve roster and decided to only use tin cards. Anything 40-59. Now, I'm not purposely tanking or trying to lose (quite the contrary- I want to win with this and am trying to), but there are a lot of tin cards that are fun to play with. And each victory is MASSIVELY and hilariously gratifying. Especially beating a Corbin or Dierker with all the usual trimmings. At the moment I am at ~ .500 so am not doing too badly in my current Silver league.

Is this allowed and kosher? Because it is really fun lol.

Last edited by screamingpalm; 01-29-2019 at 05:07 AM.
screamingpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:14 AM   #34
Kushiel
All Star Starter

If you do that in Diamond or absolutely in Perfect you will be reported. The reason is that it is a balance question giving access to unreal amounts of PP to teams that are well played. It takes away from every team in PT that does not play you. If you want to do it, try to do it in lower leagues.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:06 AM   #35
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

If you are around .500 and in Silver with that roster, I see absolutely no issue. In fact, you're due some congrats for your managerial skill!
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #36
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
If you do that in Diamond or absolutely in Perfect you will be reported. The reason is that it is a balance question giving access to unreal amounts of PP to teams that are well played. It takes away from every team in PT that does not play you. If you want to do it, try to do it in lower leagues.
Did you read the post? It's silver league and he's .500. There is nothing to worry about and nothing you said applies.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #37
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Do you not think he needs to know the repercussions of doing it later? I read and understand that he is Silver and I said try to do it in the lower leagues. If he does it now and everything is peachy, but later has a higher team and thinks it is OK to do it again because you said all is fine...

Last edited by Kushiel; 01-29-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #38
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I don't see fielding a "theme team" as something reportable.

Fits in with the theme of the game. This is all for fun, right? And he's not intentionally throwing games. As long as you're not trotting out 40 OVRs out of position against bad splits (intentionally starting a player who can't hit LHP against LHP) ... it shouldn't be frowned upon.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #39
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

If they can somehow find success with a weak theme team such as this, how far can it be promoted before it gets banned?
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #40
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
If they can somehow find success with a weak theme team such as this, how far can it be promoted before it gets banned?
If you're not abusing the system, you won't get banned. If you create an all-yankees team or a team of all players with the letter B in their name, and you can succeed, then great.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote