Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

documents folder

have installed twice now and the usual path for saved games is

C:\Users\mike\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 18\saved_games

OOTP19 isn't creating a folder in the documents area ... instead the saved games path is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\data\saved_games

not sure if this is the reason why but I am getting error messages when I try to load up an online league ... no problems with solo games though

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

still can't get the game to work ... won't save anything ... won't switch between saved games ... keeps giving me an auto-save and database error message ... this version of the game has been a complete bust for me

UTBA3
Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I've seen the same thing and do think something changed in this version. I did have success with manually installing the game in the my documents folder
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

in order to switch leagues I have to completely close down the game and go back in ... if I try to switch within the game I get auto-save and database errors .... wonder if I make a saved games folder in my documents if it would fix it

UTBA3
Old 05-31-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

new patch fixed whatever my issues were ..

UTBA3
Old 05-31-2018, 05:10 PM   #6
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Yes this patch installed into the my documents folder as it normally does.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if it happens again:

on ootp's first screen click "settings" near bottom. go to "expert" tab of the window that pops up. 'select custom data folder' - or similar at top of expert tab. point it to your documents folder data directory.

you may want to delete the ~2gb of redundant data directories. to be safe, i'd leave the misc file contents of "data" but delete all but fonts, font base and skins folders from data directory. this will be 99% of the space wasted.

could try deleting it and running ootp. if it doesn't "install data directory" again, you can safely delete.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #8
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
if it happens again:

on ootp's first screen click "settings" near bottom. go to "expert" tab of the window that pops up. 'select custom data folder' - or similar at top of expert tab. point it to your documents folder data directory.

you may want to delete the ~2gb of redundant data directories. to be safe, i'd leave the misc file contents of "data" but delete all but fonts, font base and skins folders from data directory. this will be 99% of the space wasted.

could try deleting it and running ootp. if it doesn't "install data directory" again, you can safely delete.
thank you ... hopefully this fixes it because it did go back to having the same errors

UTBA3