Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:34 PM   #141
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Really young players are going to be risky in OOTP, much like real life. I just made Guerrero slightly less raw though, which will lower his risk a bit. Those changes won't show up until the Friday release (you'll need to start a new game).
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #142
manwithoutaplan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
My money is on OOTP resolving the issue before official release on Friday.
I hope you're right
manwithoutaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #143
pgd44
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwinhouse View Post
None of the teams have cash available for trades. I liked how teams used to get $10,000,000 a year so you can help facilitate trades better.

Loving the retaining a portion of a contract though. Maybe have a way of distributing the dollar amount over multiple years.
I have noticed the same thing. Is there a setting to change to have teams start off with cash?
pgd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #144
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

For me, the game saves/loads much faster!

3D - I just wanted to say again, the enhanced 3D is unreal! What a job you guys did! Bats swinging, players sliding, crowds moving around!!! Kudos to you and your team Markus!

Oh, and that "classic" skin.. wow.. crisp and clean!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #145
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

I like the classic skin but on the new Playoff tree, my team logos are stretched. I'm not sure if thats just on that skin or on others. They look fine in other areas, just not the playoff tree.

edit: Also, in this same imported league, when it shows the Hall of Fame Voting Results, some people have "0th Year" and when you go to their page, it doesn't show that they were in the HOF Voting at all. Never seen that before

Last edited by Qrusher14242; 03-22-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #146
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm noticing all the RP's or at least most of them have a stamina of 1 - is that intentional? (rating scale of 1-10).

This is playing the MLB setup on challenge mode.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #147
injury log
Hall Of Famer

They should be 2/10, but there's a rounding error for low ratings on 1-10 (should be fixed by Friday). But yes, that's intentional - if the staminas are higher, a lot of 3-pitch relievers will eventually turn into starting pitchers.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:06 AM   #148
wolfie2856
Bat Boy

So if this was addressed somewhere else, forgive me, but was there no way to get the new CBA into the game? It's weird that it automatically still doesn't allow for recently drafted players to be traded, much less the new draft pick losses in free agency or revenue sharing changes/international spending limits
wolfie2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #149
zappa1
All Star Starter

Since yesterday's update I've noticed the teams color is missing from the interface on the right side panel where all the icons are. For my team it was blue. Now it's gray. In settings where you can change this with a yes or no to use team colors, it's still gray, not using team colors.

Managers facegen is still missing.

And, cool, the 3D tokens now slide into the bases. I like that.

I'm sure the few things I've pointed out, the development team knows about.
I do think this is the best version ever put out. Great work Markus and team.

Ok, I see what was done now. On the teams settings page some of the colors were changed. The text color was changed to white for some teams making a gray bar on the right side. A few teams do have color.

Last edited by zappa1; 03-23-2017 at 12:04 PM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #150
Reed
All Star Starter

3D, one pitch mode with pause off (pause-unchecked)--anyway to delay between batters before next pitch. The batters name flashes on and off the screen so fast you can't read it and you definitely can't check batting stats, defensive alignment, etc.. A 4 or 5 second delay would be great. (I posted this in the future suggestion thread but thought it might be more appropriate here.)
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Is it possible to add fielding ratings to the small labels in the 3D view? I love the way those move with the fielders when there are shifts, but would like fielding ratings shown as well as hitter ratings/speed on batters.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #152
dg32
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm really happy to see the option to change the home team dugout in the ballpark editor! Seeing my team go to the wrong dugout last year was mildly upsetting.
dg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #153
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

Challenge Mode idea

One idea for challenge mode would be to have like 3 difficulty levels. So, on beginner, it defaults to high scouting accuracy, default trade difficulty, low injuries. Then there's a middle difficulty and an advanced....maybe advanced has scouting off and trading on very hard, something like that.

This would allow you to either choose the right level of challenge for you, or to finish one and then go to another.
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #154
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskelly View Post
One idea for challenge mode would be to have like 3 difficulty levels. So, on beginner, it defaults to high scouting accuracy, default trade difficulty, low injuries. Then there's a middle difficulty and an advanced....maybe advanced has scouting off and trading on very hard, something like that.

This would allow you to either choose the right level of challenge for you, or to finish one and then go to another.
That's an excellent idea.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #155
Grandbudda
Major Leagues

My game keeps crashing when I go to exit and save
HSBL - Dodgers
Grandbudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #156
manwithoutaplan
Bat Boy

Looks like my problem with the game speed has been solved with the new Beta build

It was running significantly slower on my i7-7700k, than on my elderly AMD FX 6200. Thankfully proper order appears to be restored

Thanks
manwithoutaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #157
KentCol
Minors (Triple A)

I don't normally complain and I know making th roster is a long and difficult task. But I have been playing OOTP almost since the start. The Texas Rangers player ratings are always very low. Can't name certain ones because they are all so low. I don't know if the roster makers don't like Texas or what but I wish they coud re-evaluate. This seems to happen every year and they never play up to their real talent level. Sorry to rant and thanks for what you do!
KentCol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #158
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonusWagner View Post
...hmm... Disappointed to discover that I can only import from OOTP17.

My most recent, and currently used, OOTP version is 16. Therefore, after spending $51 for OOTP18, I will have to spend another $30 for OOTP17 just to import my leagues to OOTP18.

The extra dramatic post wasnt even needed lol
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #159
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Love the new 3d but last year after the game was over the teams would head off the field. This year the batters, runners leave but the entire offense just stays frozen. It would be REALLY cool if the losing team headed off the field and the winning team came out to kinda gather around and simulate a "good game" celebration. It would be even better if this was coded to be even more intense when winning a championship.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #160
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentCol View Post
I don't know if the roster makers don't like Texas or what
The ratings for MLB players are all automatically generated each year, using a projection system (PECOTA or ZIPS, depending on the OOTP version). So the preferences of the roster creators don't really come into it.

Sometimes those projections produce ratings that seem too high or too low, especially for certain types of players who might be difficult to project. If there are specific ratings that you think should be looked at, you could post them in this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=275252&page=6

Specific comments are far more likely to get attention than general comments like "Texas is not good enough".