Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 03-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #21
mm7607
All Star Reserve

nevermind

Last edited by mm7607; 03-26-2015 at 01:14 AM.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #22
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Updated 3/28/15. Now includes the correct support and formatting for ootp 16's import to team using text file feature. Create entire rosters using historical players and assign them to the team of your choice.
Updated link is in first post or just click the 3.0 plus link in my sig to navigate there.
Any problems, PM me please. Enjoy.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-28-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #23
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If it has the Bigrod trademark, I know it's quality made. Thanks!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #24
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Bigrod, when I click on the bbref link, I get an error. Aaron Miles, for example. The link shows: m-milesaa01.shtml The actual URL for Miles shows: m/milesaa01.shtml
Old 03-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #25
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Bigrod, when I click on the bbref link, I get an error. Aaron Miles, for example. The link shows: m-milesaa01.shtml The actual URL for Miles shows: m/milesaa01.shtml
Crap...thanks a ton...I changed the format of the years from using a forward slash to using a dash and forgot the link used the same.
It'll be fixed is a couple minutes.
Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:18 PM   #26
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Everything else I tested works like a charm. Many thanks, Bigrod.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #27
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Fixed and updated Just reverted it back to using the /
Old 03-30-2015, 10:36 PM   #28
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

How do you import to team? How should it look, is what I am really asking?

dahlebi01,1891 and then what for the team?

Thanks. Great work, by the way. I made my own text files for the top 1000 players rated by WAR in Baseball Reference and broke it down into 30 players each for each text file. I have never added a team though when importing. I would love to be able to do that, and then release all the players for a proper inaugural draft.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 03-30-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #29
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Bigrod, what happens with defunct major league teams? I tried to place someone on the Seattle Pilots roster in 1969, but no Team ID was returned.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #30
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing that the Team ID is dependent on it being included in the vlookup table. So, the IDs have not been standardized for use in OOTP historical leagues. Is this correct?
Old 04-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #31
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I'm guessing that the Team ID is dependent on it being included in the vlookup table. So, the IDs have not been standardized for use in OOTP historical leagues. Is this correct?
The team ids in vlookup are for ootp 16 quickstart.
What is it you'd like to have? Is it the historical mlb team ids??
They're not standardized for historicals as I'm Not sure if ootp will use the ones in the master.csv.
We can try it...and see if ootp will use the team ids in the master rather that the game generated team ids.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-03-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #32
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If I create a .txt file with player ID, year, and three-letter team abbreviation, the players import to the proper teams just fine.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #33
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
How do you import to team? How should it look, is what I am really asking?

dahlebi01,1891 and then what for the team?

Thanks. Great work, by the way. I made my own text files for the top 1000 players rated by WAR in Baseball Reference and broke it down into 30 players each for each text file. I have never added a team though when importing. I would love to be able to do that, and then release all the players for a proper inaugural draft.
Sorry for the delayed response...
To import to a team, use this format.
player lahmanid,year,teamid.
TeamID can be found from your league settings/edit league structure page.
You can only import players that are in the master.csv., but you can assign them to any team in your game. Real or fictional.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #34
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
If I create a .txt file with player ID, year, and three-letter team abbreviation, the players import to the proper teams just fine.
Thanks for the quick response. Then the link I sent you should work. You've got to add a space + year at the end of the team name. Only way I could make sure vlookup didn't get confused and got the correct team id right. I'll update the original file so the year is no longer needed once I'm positive it works.
Edit: Got to keep the year after the team name as I looked at the teams.csv and some have the same name, but different id so the year is needed. I've updated the file. Updated the comment in Enter team name column.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-04-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:46 AM   #35
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

All new version posted...it now fully support Spritze's latest database. Link is in first post and is a separate download.
Any problems, let me know and enjoy
Old 04-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #36
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
All new version posted...it now fully support Spritze's latest database. Link is in first post and is a separate download.
Any problems, let me know and enjoy
This is TOTALLY awesome. Thank you for doing this, I can now do my Dream League...

Your utility is now officially my favorite mod
Old 05-13-2015, 05:17 PM   #37
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Explanation on how to use

I am not sure how we are meant to use the importer. How do we import?

Am I just finding players manually and placing them in a text file?

And the search function with the program doesn't allow you to search players. Is there an easy way to find players?

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 05-13-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #38
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I am not sure how we are meant to use the importer. How do we import?

Am I just finding players manually and placing them in a text file?

And the search function with the program doesn't allow you to search players. Is there an easy way to find players?
Sorry for the delayed response.
1. Simply add the player(s) name(s) in Column J. Once entered, Available years will show up in Column L. Enter a year from that selection in Column K. To import directly to a specific team, enter a team name with year as it appears in the vlookup table column I.
Now the correct format you need to import that player is shown in Column N. Repeat the above for all players your importing.
When done, simply copy the data in Column I to notepad or any text editor and use that text file to import the players into ootp.
2. Yes. You copy the results in Column I as it says to your text editor and save it as a .txt file.
3. The easiest way to find players would be to use the Find feature (ctrl+F) on the vlookup page and copy/paste that players name in Column J on the player import sheet.
If you hover your mouse over any of the column headings, it should bring up the comment instructions showing exactly what one needs to do.
Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask..for a more immediate response, pm me when you post here and I'll get right on it.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #39
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Sorry for the delayed response.
1. Simply add the player(s) name(s) in Column J. Once entered, Available years will show up in Column L. Enter a year from that selection in Column K. To import directly to a specific team, enter a team name with year as it appears in the vlookup table column I.
Now the correct format you need to import that player is shown in Column N. Repeat the above for all players your importing.
When done, simply copy the data in Column I to notepad or any text editor and use that text file to import the players into ootp.
2. Yes. You copy the results in Column I as it says to your text editor and save it as a .txt file.
3. The easiest way to find players would be to use the Find feature (ctrl+F) on the vlookup page and copy/paste that players name in Column J on the player import sheet.
If you hover your mouse over any of the column headings, it should bring up the comment instructions showing exactly what one needs to do.
Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask..for a more immediate response, pm me when you post here and I'll get right on it.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I have just been copying and pasting the lahman names and typing in year and team numbers. Love the list especially because baseball-reference and lahman don't match up on a few players.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #40
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I have just been copying and pasting the lahman names and typing in year and team numbers. Love the list especially because baseball-reference and lahman don't match up on a few players.
That's correct. lahman ids and bbrefs MLB ids aren't always the same. The utility only uses lahman ids when it creates the import format and the player urls. Which is also why some of those urls bring up the wrong player on bbref's site.
I did it that way to prove a point as some users think you can get a player's id from bbref and use it to import historical players and you CANNOT do that with 100% accuracy.

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-17-2015 at 04:20 PM.