Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Post conception's WIBA (World International Baseball Association) Dynasty

Hello, fellow OOTP fans!

This is my first Dynasty report, and I will play conception's WIBA league, which I found here. This is fantsy 48-teams international fantasy league, and more details you may find going to the link above.

This league contains 48 team, each one representing single nation. Being Ukrainian, I have obviously chosen team called Kiev Ukrainians. I used my real name and real age for my human manager, so I am 57 years old by that time (league starts in year 2050). So lets see what will happen!

P.S. First of all, thanks to creator of this league - conception - for his great job and idea. Second, I want to apologize for my poor English - I honestly trying to do my best in it and hope you guys will understand what I'm trying to say.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Okay, so what we've got here in Kiev: brief team overview and some stats with history. As we can see, there were no championships in Kiev history, and the current team is... the best word will be average, I think.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

When I took over the Ukrainians team, it was Nov. 4th, so the season just finished and Los Angeles Americans won it all. Here are some stats of this last season, and overview of the whole league. Details of the league structure can be found in it's description by it's creator - see post #1.

And since I am absolutely new (read noob) in writing Dynasty reports, feel free to correct me, ask me anything and request anything. I will do my best for you guys, I really want my report to be interesting.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Here is a brief look on League history:
Attached Images
Old 02-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Going through offseason, got trade proposal from Jews team, and I accepted it. I assumed that draft pick is someting that would be useful for my team now. Besides, I'm glad ouf fans appreciated that trade.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

During the offseason I had about $38m for free agents. I spent that money for these players:

Yoann Marques - SP, 46/46, 32 yrs.
Jose Ramirez - SP, 51/51, 34 yrs.
Yao-bang Huang - C, 63/63, 33 yrs.
Jung-jun Chi - SP, 63/66, 29 yrs.

But the main amount of money was spent on this two signings, with which I probably blow up the free agent market:

Poto 'Short Circuit' Kewiki - 3B, 78/80, 27 yrs., $16m/yr, 7 yrs.
Juan Hernandez - SP, 72/72, 35 yrs., $21,35m/yr, 2yrs.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

So now, my rotation and squad I'm going to enter spring training and season has this look. It's very complicated and I really hope it will become easier to set this thing up during the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #8
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

and immidiately some little changes in lineups
Attached Images
Old 02-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

The very first game for me as Kiev Ukrainians GM - Spring Training Opener
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Just want you to know that I love this concept and will be following along. My dynasty report is also a 48-team league, so its of extra interest to me.

Also, just wanted to say that for a non-native English speaker, you're doing a fine job. Keep up the great work!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #11
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysdailydose View Post
Just want you to know that I love this concept and will be following along. My dynasty report is also a 48-team league, so its of extra interest to me.

Also, just wanted to say that for a non-native English speaker, you're doing a fine job. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate that, especially from the Tigers fan - I'm a Tigers fan too

Meanwile, very exceptional thing happened to my Kiev Ukrainians. We signed free agent player who is actually Ukrainian! Ironically, there were no Ukrainians in the team called Kiev Ukrainians before.

In WIBA, most players came from Asia. Every team has bunch of Asian players, like in my case, my entire starting outfield is Asian and so big part of my pitchers squad are. I think that fact can be explained: in 2039, year of the WIBA founding, the MLB was still existing, and obviously, most American players decided to stay in MLB. Asian baseball, on the contrary, had a good progress and integrated into WIBA (with exception for *** probably). In year 2051, nothing changed, so we came to this situation. I actually don't care about the nationalities, and the only thing I want to see - more Ukrainian players in the league and in my team.
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #12
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

After first 10 games of Spring Training, Kiev Ukrainians going 8-2. I slightly changed my lineups and not going to change them anymore unless there will be injures, misconducts, etc. I have not changed my starting rotation. I'm going to sim the rest of the Spring Training.

Also, 1B/DH Jose Gonzales got injured - no diagnosis yet, but definitely out for next game or two. So far in 10 games of Spring Training Gonzales perfrormed .395 with 3 HR and 12 RBI (T-2nd in the league). He also leads league in Extra Base Hits with 8 and Total Bases with 29.

UPDATE: J. Gonzales injury went way worse then I was hoping. He's out for 4 month and it's catasrophic. Antonio Miranda temporary took his DH spot in the lineup, but final decision about DH will come after Spring Training ends. 1B Victor Sierra is called up from AAA Sumy.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Detroit_Indie; 02-06-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: J. Gonzales' injury update
Detroit_Indie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #13
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Kiev Ukrainians finished Spring Training with 17-7 record (9-5 since first 10 games and losing Gonzales), and it's the best Spring Training record in the league.

Kiev's OF Ka-Pa Mai leads league in RBI, Runs Scored, Total Bases and Hits (with 31).

And here are the Preseason predictions. Things look pretty optimistic for Kiev Ukrainians
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #14
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Everything is ready for my Season Opener versus Brussels Belgians at home - beautiful Kiev Complex ballpark.

I spent tons of time chosing 25 players who should play the season, setting pithicng rotation and lineups.

My owner send me his season goal.

Also, in power rankings Kiev rated as #25 of 48 teams overall.

Let's start the season!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Season Opener was just great, first of all because of fantastic performance by starting pitcher Juan Hernandez. I wish my entire season was just like the Season Opener. Full stats of the game listed below.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #16
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Kiev Ukrainians won series vs. Brussels Belgians 2-1, and went to Prague to face the Czechs. The first match was an epic 14-inning battle with a blockbuster in the final 14th inning. Fantastic performance of Ukrainians' batting squad and pitchers Yu-Zhang Dan (CL), who put the game in extras, and Paul Mitchell (MR) who served 3.1 innings in extras without giving up a single run and performed 5 K's with just 1 hit allowed, led to first defeat in the season for Prague.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image