Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 12-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Team numbers in schedule

Just wondering when I make, for example, team 1 player team 2 are those the same teams every year??

if so how do you then make a game vary every year or do you have to stick to the same two teams for that game every year??
Old 12-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

No, they are not the same teams each season. What OOTP does is swap around the teams within those numbers, thereby creating a 'new' schedule from the same set of schedule matchups.

That is, say you had a single Sunday night opening game like MLB does. Your future seasons will always feature that single opening night game, but the teams in that game will be different each season depending on how the teams are swapped around in the ID slots.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Thats how I thought it worked except after entering my third season the same teams are playing each other every year. I was trying to insert my own interleague game to the schedule so I think that might be the issue. It doesnt know how to make a new interleague game.

Slightly related how do you make x number of games versus your division then if it changes every year??
Old 12-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Thats how I thought it worked except after entering my third season the same teams are playing each other every year. I was trying to insert my own interleague game to the schedule so I think that might be the issue. It doesnt know how to make a new interleague game.

Slightly related how do you make x number of games versus your division then if it changes every year??

The numbers rotate in the divisions. So if #1-5 are the AL East and 6-10 are the AL Central, you might see something like this.

Year 1
AL East
1- Yanks
2- Red Sox
3- Blue Jays
4- Rays
5- Orioles

AL Central
6- Tigers
7- White Sox
8- Indians
9- Twins
10- Royals

Year 2
AL East
1- Orioles
2- Yankees
3- Red Sox
4- Blue Jays
5- Rays

AL Central
6- Royals
7- Tigers
8- White Sox
9- Indians
10- Twins

Note how the teams rotate, but only within the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote