Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 08-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
georgecf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Using ONLY REAL players

I am trying to set up a 14-team league that features different teams from different years (1986 Mets, 1998 Yankees, 1975 Reds, etc.).

No matter how I set it up, I soon find all sorts of fictional players dotting the rosters of various teams . . .

Or I find a player from 1950 who is on the roster of the 1986 Mets . . .

How do I set up a league so that it only uses the actual players from the teams that are in the league? I do NOT WANT fictional or out-of-era players to start appearing, yet no matter what settings I have used, this starts happening . . . whether I uncheck development, whether I check only historical trades and lineups, etc.

Can anyone help? Please? TIA.
georgecf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
georgecf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bourn in 1995

I thought I had it figured out, until I just saw Michael Bourn leading off for the 1995 Braves . . . how do I stop/prevent this??? . . .
Old 08-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
dynaboyj
Major Leagues

Make sure you have trading within the league turned off, as well as free agency, so that everyone can stay true with their original team.
dynaboyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
georgecf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did that, but . . .

Thanks, Dynaboy . . . I just checked and I had disabled those options . . .

So how did Michael Bourn end up on the 1995 Braves? . . . I enabled historical trades and historical lineups, but somehow he got put on their roster . . . Bourn's player page said he was acquired in a trade from Houston on July 31, 2011 . . .

I just realized, as I typed this, that I chose 2011 as the season to start my replay, since it was the last year listed as an option . . . so the game must have applied all trades from 2011 to the game . . .

Which brings me back to my original question: How do I run this as a simple tournament, with only the players who were actually on the involved teams?

Again, TIA.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecf View Post
Thanks, Dynaboy . . . I just checked and I had disabled those options . . .

So how did Michael Bourn end up on the 1995 Braves? . . . I enabled historical trades and historical lineups, but somehow he got put on their roster . . . Bourn's player page said he was acquired in a trade from Houston on July 31, 2011 . . .

I just realized, as I typed this, that I chose 2011 as the season to start my replay, since it was the last year listed as an option . . . so the game must have applied all trades from 2011 to the game . . .

Which brings me back to my original question: How do I run this as a simple tournament, with only the players who were actually on the involved teams?

Again, TIA.
Start year shouldn't matter. How did you import your teams? Was I the one who told you how to set this up? If I did I realized I may have forgotten a step or 2. When you delete your old teams delete all FA. When you delete teams all players and coaches become FA.
Also Bourne was traded to Atlanta on July 31st 2011.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote