Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

More Days Off between Series?

Is it possible to have OOTP12 generate a schedule with more days off in between series?

For example, say I want an MLB league, but to only play HALF the typical number of games, yet still start April 1st and stretch the season as long as possible (not sure if it would hit October, but even September)???

Maybe a couple of days between series instead of back-to-backs or one-day off between them???
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

This is not possible with the internal generated schedules. You'd either have to create your own schedule or edit the generated one and insert a blank slate of days in between series.
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Kuttner is correct. However, you could probably edit the file yourself in about 15 mins in WordPad. Have the game generate an 81 game schedule, then export it and save. Open the exported file in WordPad (or other text editor, but I like WordPad). You'll see that there is a day field in each row. Day 1 = Opening Day, Day 2 = the next day, etc...

Just skip ahead and change all the day=4 to day=5, 5s to 6s, etc... then just skip another day after every series. Save the file when you are done. Then go back to the Schedule editor and import the file you saved.

Voila - you have off days! Note that this can only be done during the offseason and preseason timeframes (not during spring training or during the season.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59 View Post
Is it possible to have OOTP12 generate a schedule with more days off in between series?

For example, say I want an MLB league, but to only play HALF the typical number of games, yet still start April 1st and stretch the season as long as possible (not sure if it would hit October, but even September)???

Maybe a couple of days between series instead of back-to-backs or one-day off between them???
Let me know what type of league you want and I'll see if I can do it. I've been fumbling around using the in game schedule generator and exporting the schedule and extending it out over the typical 26 week MLB schedule span. What I mean by that is: how many games per team (you said you wanted 81, but you can have more or less if you want) do you want? How many sub-leagues (MLB = league, AL/NL = sub-leagues of MLB)? How many divisions in each sub-league? How many teams in each division? Give me that info and I'll see what I can do. It'll be whatever the schedule generator spits out, just extended over the proper amount of calendar time.

I make them so the season begins on the first Monday in April (April 1 through 7), the All-Star game happens on the Tuesday (with offdays on the Monday and Wednesday for the traditional 3 game All-Star break) after 13 weeks of play are in the books (July 2 through 8). I try to make it so that roughly half the season is in the books at the break. The season ends on either the last Sunday in September or the first Sunday in October, depending of course on when it began (September 29 through October 5). In your case above, I would put in a 41 game first half and a 40 game second half. Every team plays on days that are game days, and every team is off on days that are offdays (It's easier that way: trust me, I've tried it), which helps out pitching staffs because even in a 162 game schedule, the most days in a row I had was 11 once in the season. It was mostly 10, or 8, or 7 days in a row depending on whether it was the first half (91 days long) or the second half (88 days long).

So, fill in those details for me, and I'll give it a whirl. I'm no gmo (the master of schedules, who hasn't been seen in this parts since 2009 [?]), but I can hopefully get the job done within the limitations of the way the schedule generator puts together a schedule. I sure as hell ain't building a schedule from scratch...Ugh.

EDIT: Does anyone know if this aspect has changed between OOTP11 and OOTP12? I ask because I'm still on OOTP11 for the moment, and was wondering if I can make a schedule there and have it work in OOTP12. One would think an .lsdl file is an .lsdl file, is an .lsdl file but I don't want to make more of an ass of myself than I already am by assuming such a notion if it turns out to not be true.

EDIT 2: Almost forgot...Also put in whether or not you want Interleague and whether or not you want a Balanced Schedule (or a reasonable facsimile thereof: schedule generator does not perfectly balance the schedule, but it won't produce the type of unbalanced schedule you see IRL today if you ask for a balanced one).

Last edited by actionjackson; 07-13-2011 at 12:51 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
EDIT: Does anyone know if this aspect has changed between OOTP11 and OOTP12? I ask because I'm still on OOTP11 for the moment, and was wondering if I can make a schedule there and have it work in OOTP12. One would think an .lsdl file is an .lsdl file, is an .lsdl file but I don't want to make more of an ass of myself than I already am by assuming such a notion if it turns out to not be true.
To my knowledge, scheduling has not changed in several versions (like v2007). While I haven't actually tried it, I'm 99.9% sure they will work in both v11 and v12 (as well as several previous versions).
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
To my knowledge, scheduling has not changed in several versions (like v2007). While I haven't actually tried it, I'm 99.9% sure they will work in both v11 and v12 (as well as several previous versions).
There was a small addition made to the naming convention possibilities for OOTP 11. This change basically allows you to have two or more schedule files that a different set up opponent matchups but would otherwise would have had the same file name.

For example, let's say you had an 8-team league split into two 4-team divisions playing a 144-game schedule. Those 144 games could be set up in a 32-12 format (32 games against each divisional opponent and 12 games against each team in the other division) or it could be done in a 24-18 format. But you couldn't have both in the schedules folder at the same time since they would have the same file name (since the parameters of the league, used for the file name, are the same). You could now add an extra designation at the end of the file name which would distinguish between such files and thus have two different schedule formats for the same league setup in the schedules folder at the same time.

But other than that, the heart of the schedules file operations and structure have not changed.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote