Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:35 PM   #1041
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Thanks again Tea - an updated Tank & Lubin @ 154!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:32 AM   #1042
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Explain workings of this current database

IT- Long time hello. Can you or someone bring me up to date on the workings of the “official” title Bout data base? I was out of touch for quite some time then got back on line and have been working my HW thread after getting TB2.5 back working on a couple older laptops running Vista and XP. Gave up on 2013 and trying to run anything on Windows 10.
Anyway I’m not clear about what exists online anymore with a game database if there is one. Is it this one spoken of on this thread and does it work with 2.5?

Are you the caretaker so to speak of this database. How does it relate to the TBCB3 database ratings many of us worked on?

Sorry all the question just trying to get back in tune some with you and others still active here with this.

Rocco
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #1043
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Bear, Jackyle, and I are all that's left of the old database team that was assembled 12 years ago or thereabouts. Currently, only those that have the 2013 game have access to it as the previous editions no longer update from what I've been told.
Newly created boxers can only be rated as "boxers" and not "either" or "slugger." This problem has been reported, but no fix has been issued as of yet.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #1044
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
Bear, Jackyle, and I are all that's left of the old database team that was assembled 12 years ago or thereabouts. Currently, only those that have the 2013 game have access to it as the previous editions no longer update from what I've been told.
Newly created boxers can only be rated as "boxers" and not "either" or "slugger." This problem has been reported, but no fix has been issued as of yet.
Good to hear from you Tea. Thanks for the reply. From reading I'd been doing about the forum I kind of got the impression the DB was working with only 2013 but not sure of.
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #1045
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

I take the ratings converter on the old Legends of Boxing game and update that game with your new rankings Ice. I would love to find the old 2.5 version so I could play a real Title Bout game again, the version that came out in 2013 was just terrible. Sadly, think we may never see another solid version of our beloved game. I wonder what it would take to get the game from Paul or whomever owns it?? I wonder would it be worth it if we all pitched in and managed to purchase?? Just a thought, I'm not a programmer by any means but I would be willing to try and pitch in if we could figure something out. Very sad not to have a new Title Bout. Hell man, I would pay for the 2.5 with updated database and would gladly pay for monthly updates to the data base. Just some thoughts. Hope all of you are well fellas, sure miss the old days on here!!!

Coach of Left Jab Inc (You have to be great to be consistently mediocre)

Title Bout devotee since 79

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
FDR
lethal liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #1046
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Amazingly there are a few guys here who are play-testing the new version promised years ago. Either bugs were found to slow progress or new notions were thought up which are being implemented and are pushing the release further down the road. Maybe it's both, plus a single programmer with little free time due to work and personal commitments. If one of us wins the lottery, maybe we can buy the rights back and hire an actual team of dedicated programmers.

Things can't be good when we hear nothing at all from Paul Norman month after month.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 02-19-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #1047
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Appreciate the Sven Fornling rating Tea, had no idea who he is.

Then I just read he's the IBO LHW champ & might fight Beterbiev next.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #1048
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
Appreciate the Sven Fornling rating Tea, had no idea who he is.

Then I just read he's the IBO LHW champ & might fight Beterbiev next.
He'll get destroyed.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #1049
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He'll get destroyed.

I don't doubt you brother - I learned my lesson with what you said Canelo would do to Rocky @ 168!
Old 03-06-2019, 08:54 AM   #1050
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Great stuff Ice Tea - love the ratings of both Horn & Culcay @ 160!

Both might have big fights soon @ MW - Horn might face Rob Brant.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #1051
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great stuff Ice Tea - love the ratings of both Horn & Culcay @ 160!

Both might have big fights soon @ MW - Horn might face Rob Brant.
It won't go well for Horn.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #1052
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
It won't go well for Horn.

lol, I think you're right!
Old 03-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #1053
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Brant, if we were in an era where there was only one middleweight champion, would be only a solid contender. He's only a title holder currently, but is better than Horn every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #1054
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Brant, if we were in an era where there was only one middleweight champion, would be only a solid contender. He's only a title holder currently, but is better than Horn every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
yep, totally agree.

Horn was just a WW, wonder why he's in such a rush to pass 154 & go to MW unless he's just growing so big now.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #1055
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

"I think he's an excellent defensive fighter," Whitaker told ESPN at ringside after the bout. "I think he has great skills. His defense is excellent. He's got a wicked left hook and a good right hand. And he can still learn. He's learning from every fight he gets. I was happy with what I saw. I'm blessed to be here to be able to see it."

Whitaker won an Olympic gold medal for the United States in 1984, and while Bivol never boxed in the Olympics, he was 268-15 as a star amateur on the Russian national team. So far he's also been outstanding in the pros. But how far can Bivol go?

"He can go to the top," Whitaker said, referring to the pound-for-pound list. "I think he's the real deal."
-------------------------------------------

Good call Tea on giving Bivol a -4 defense, if Pernell is impressed by Bivol's defense, that's really saying something!
Old 03-16-2019, 11:57 PM   #1056
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Tea already on top of this - updated Spence rating & new rating for Garcia @ WW.

I was surprised Spence looked like the better boxer, knew he had the power & size but surprised he out boxed him like that!
Old 03-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #1057
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tea already on top of this - updated Spence rating & new rating for Garcia @ WW.

I was surprised Spence looked like the better boxer, knew he had the power & size but surprised he out boxed him like that!
I think Garcia moved up one too many weight classes. He should drop to 140. I think Spence can do whatever he wants, he'll beat Pac-man.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:07 AM   #1058
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I was most impressed with the footwork of Spence. As a southpaw, he was at times moving towards Garcia's right hand and sliding back at the same time. Garcia couldn't do anything but be drawn in. It was great to watch.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:11 AM   #1059
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I agree on Bivol. I have questions about his chin, but Smith is an incredible puncher. I live two miles from the Turning Stone where that fight took place. I hope Bivol returns.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #1060
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think Garcia moved up one too many weight classes. He should drop to 140. I think Spence can do whatever he wants, he'll beat Pac-man.
Yep, I'm wondering if Pac & Roach really want that fight now?