Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

What is better now?

I am a bit curious what has gotten better since FHM4? As I remember it I thought that FHM4 was lacking a bit when it came to:
Prospect developing
Training
Contract negotiating
Scouting. Big issue since am swedish and don’t know all the regions in north America where a lot of the draft pool exist.

I also thought that the game speed was slow compared to OOTP?

What’s the biggest upgrades since FHM4? I am searching for a new game to get hooked on and was thinking on hockey.
Give me some opinions guys!

Last edited by Krillo; 11-16-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Yeah, those aspects could still use some added depth and the sim is still on the slow side. I will say that with scouting, when you go to assign a scout, the regions he would be best at scouting are in green.

Last edited by Savoie45; 11-16-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillo View Post
I am a bit curious what has gotten better since FHM4? As I remember it I thought that FHM4 was lacking a bit when it came to:
Prospect developing
Training
Contract negotiating
Scouting. Big issue since am swedish and don’t know all the regions in north America where a lot of the draft pool exist.

I also thought that the game speed was slow compared to OOTP?

What’s the biggest upgrades since FHM4? I am searching for a new game to get hooked on and was thinking on hockey.
Give me some opinions guys!
- Prospect Developing is always going to vary a bit. So I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for here.
- Training is more or less the same, although Storylines can help improve some players.
- Contract Negotiation continues to be adjusted, although values are more in line. You're still going to see people argue whether an RFA should take a bridge or a longer term, but just like in real life, no one knows what anyone is going to do.
- Scouting - I don't think FHM4 had permanent scouting, which is in now (it's been a while). We've done some extensive tutorials on how to help yourself scout better with our Weekly Video Streams.

- Sim Speed: It's improved since 4. It's different than OOTP though because our engine is different and our basic level if you have all the leagues on is significantly more than OOTP's. Playing with less playable leagues, Custom Games or Historical will significantly increase speed times.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, but what would you say is the biggest improvements?
I just remember it as the game was I little stiff. It just dident happen so much. Probably sounds stupid is still believe it’s the best hockey game on the market.
Shop a player is that added?
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillo View Post
Thanks, but what would you say is the biggest improvements?
I just remember it as the game was I little stiff. It just dident happen so much. Probably sounds stupid is still believe it’s the best hockey game on the market.
Shop a player is that added?
Shop a player is in 4. I would also like to hear what is good and different in 6. In the reviews I have read they get great reviews but they say the game has not changed much? Maybe they mean that playing out the game has not changed because it is still old time without 2d or 3d updated like other sims have done. Could someone who has played it a lot explain the pluses since 4. (Besides the rivalry between teams.) Thank you in advance for any info you can give on this.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

From 4 to 6, I'd say the tactics make more sense, it's easier to understand why players are rejecting to stay on, and the AI assignment of players is a better base (so you only have to tweak small things rather than pick everyone from scratch). Also this may be more due to the way the luck dice have panned out but I've found it a lot less necessary to play full games to win, simming through gives you a fair shake if you have a good enough roster.
Margaret Garlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Garlick View Post
From 4 to 6, I'd say the tactics make more sense, it's easier to understand why players are rejecting to stay on, and the AI assignment of players is a better base (so you only have to tweak small things rather than pick everyone from scratch). Also this may be more due to the way the luck dice have panned out but I've found it a lot less necessary to play full games to win, simming through gives you a fair shake if you have a good enough roster.
Thank you Margaret for the info...
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #8
beatle
All Star Reserve

Where are these Weekly Video Streams you referring to?

Beatle
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #9
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Where are these Weekly Video Streams you referring to?
Find OOTP Developments on YouTube or Twitch
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote