Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
PDHitman
Major Leagues

Random Debut Baseball League- Inaugural Draft

After 30+ seasons played over the past 6 years we have decided to start over in the RDBL as just about all the players came through our league. What we are doing is using the August 1 updated Quick Start, releasing all the players (majors and minors) and having an inaugural draft using Statsplus. Each June's amateur draft will be made up of random players from MLB history going forward and our plan is to do 30 seasons which should take about 6-7 years.

We have 0 of the 30 MLB teams available. They are-

I keep this list up to minute updated, so if you see it listed, its available.

We use Slack for our communications and StatsPlus for the amateur draft and year end awards. With equalized markets and a salary cap, an involved owner can turn a team around in 1-2 seasons.

Go HERE to see the teams/league

email me directly if interested as I dont check here much
pcdawson2 at gmail

Full League Name (Initials): Random Debut Baseball League (RDBL)
Website URL: statsplus.net/rdbl
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username: PDHitman
Email Address: pcdawson2 at gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP 19
Game Needed?: Yes
Players: 2019 Modern opening day rosters w/ random debut classes w/ some fictional baseball movie players (about 3/yr).
# Of Teams: 30
Exports Days & Deadlines: We sim every day
League Time Per Sim: 5-7 Days
First Season: 2019 (use 2018 August 1 quick start)
Current Season: 2019 preseason
Rules & Settings:
80M Salary cap (typically ~60M in salary and 20M in development/scouting/draft expenses)
Financials set to year 2000 (top players make 13M)
Development-on and talent randomness at 100
Coaches: OFF
Scouting: ON everyone starts w/ average scout for first year
Rule 5 Draft: Enabled
10/5 Rule: OFF
Ratings Scale: 20-80
Injury Setting: Low but player fatigue is set to high
Draft Pick Trading: OFF but you can trade recently drafted players after the WS
Advanced Draft Negotiations: On- If you are not smart with your money, you may not be able to sign all your draft picks
Minor League System: Complete
Playoffs: Modern (Wild Card, Division Series, League Championship Series, World Series) 3-7-7-7
Designated Hitter: Both Leagues
2012 CBA Rule Changes: Enabled
All teams start off with same fan interest, market size, loyalty so there are no advantages financially
10MM Max Cash carry over year to year.

We have a very dedicated and active core of GMs and this league will never fold (barring my death) so you can feel secure that the time you invest will not be wasted.

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -Yogi

Last edited by PDHitman; 01-14-2019 at 08:10 PM.
PDHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
hotch49
Bat Boy

Much recommended league, Paul is an excellent commissioner who hardly every misses sims. Great chat/banter on slack. Interesting aspect to see how the old players compare in the modern game. I know a lot of us play in only this online league as it's so good.
Tom
hotch49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
LordKilborn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great, fun league with engaged GMs

I've been a part of RDBL since season 3 of its last run, so since about 2013 or 2014. The commissioner has missed maybe 15 total days of sim in the last 5 years, and some of those have been due to things like Christmas, birth of a child or moving to a new home - so he's very consistent.

We have a GMs from across the world, and we have some good ones, so if you just want to run over unskilled human GMs or run over the AI managers, this league is not for you. If you want a challenge, with GMs who look to improve their teams and win the World Series, this league is for you.

A fun aspect is the Random Debut feature. It's fun to see players like Joe DiMaggio, Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb make their way into and through our league. Some of them dominate as they did in real life, and some of them don't. It is also neat to watch some players whose real life careers were cut short by injury have a full Hall-of-Fame-worthy career (Mark Prior comes to mind).

Many of us have been with the league for multiple real-life years, and with the reset, several older members who saw real life catch up to them a while back have returned for the new challenge.

I challenge you to step up and see if you can handle us...

Last edited by LordKilborn; 01-06-2019 at 12:18 AM.
LordKilborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:32 PM   #4
SteveBalboni
Bat Boy

Are beginners welcome? I just got the game last month and did a fantasy draft, playing through two seasons, then a couple seasons with the Braves.

I love the idea of an online league, especially one with a draft, but admittedly am a no0b. Willing to learn and be active but just want to be up front that it would be my first league. If you're looking for more experienced players I understand, but if you're willing to give me an overview of how it all works then I'd love to join. How does the draft work for example? Everyone meets at a set time and we draft through or it's a slow draft over a week or something? Thanks!
SteveBalboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
LordKilborn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBalboni View Post
Are beginners welcome? I just got the game last month and did a fantasy draft, playing through two seasons, then a couple seasons with the Braves.

I love the idea of an online league, especially one with a draft, but admittedly am a no0b. Willing to learn and be active but just want to be up front that it would be my first league. If you're looking for more experienced players I understand, but if you're willing to give me an overview of how it all works then I'd love to join. How does the draft work for example? Everyone meets at a set time and we draft through or it's a slow draft over a week or something? Thanks!
YES, you are welcome! We all were new to being a human GM once. Contact our GM at his email address above!
LordKilborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:47 AM   #6
SteveBalboni
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKilborn View Post
YES, you are welcome! We all were new to being a human GM once. Contact our GM at his email address above!
Sent an email. Thanks
SteveBalboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #7
gimbel4
Bat Boy

Best league out there

I have been part of the RDBL for more than four years in real time. Over 30 seasons. This is the best league out there. The commissioner provides a consistent experience, season after season. Rarely missing sims. The pace of the league is just right. Just enough feedback from your roster each day to give you a sense of how your moves impact the team. We are restarting with 2019 players, but the fun for me really took hold last time around when the historical players were fed into the league in future seasons ameteur drafts. I remember the buzz of drafting 19 year old Ted Williams.

There is a solid core of really savvy GMs. No AI-like pushovers here. Bring your A game. If you want a real OOTP challenge and are looking for a league with a great bunch of guys, look no further. The RDBL is the best run league out there.
gimbel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #8
Steve Wunda
Bat Boy

Excellent league that I have been a part of for about 20 in games seasons. Competition is stiff, so like someone said above bring your A game.
Random debut of historical players, fictional movie characters (think Willie Mays Hayes, etc.), fast paced, active chat and trading, solid core of GMs and now some new blood as well. Come and join us, build your new team from scratch as we reboot.
Steve Wunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #9
Neil
Bat Boy

yo Dude. I would be happy to have the White Sox. I am friends with the Tampa owner Joe Divecchio and am in ASBL and TZBA currently
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:19 PM   #10
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Couple quick questions. When is the draft? How will the draft work is it live drafting through a bunch of rounds? When are the sims run and how many days per sim?
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #11
kingkeegan
Bat Boy

Toronto still open? I'm interested. Email is biegalski29@gmail.com
kingkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #12
PDHitman
Major Leagues

We are currently full but are building a wait list for anticipated openings. Pls send me an email to pcdawson2 at gmail

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -Yogi
PDHitman is offline   Reply With Quote