Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
smiller
Major Leagues

Does shopping influence morale

I like to shop players from time to time, even those I have no intention of trading, just to see what regard they're held in. However, does this in any affect their morale, do they know this is happening? Are they more likely to be angry in the section marked "transactions."?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Yes it does. I suppose when they're already angry it doesn't matter much, but unless you're set on getting rid of someone be wary of shopping them.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Yes. They won't become very angry at first but it will be more of a slow decline.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

I wouldn't know about this but suspect a player knows if he's on the trading block.

If a player knows that he's being shopped around and has his morale affected by it then by extension I can take a 20 potential minor, high of greed, low of intelligence, low of work ethic, etc. and shop him around daily causing the 20-30 players on 7 other teams (that would complete the trade) to become irate as well.

Last edited by Klaus 74; 04-11-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus 74 View Post
I wouldn't know about this but suspect a player knows if he's on the trading block.

If a player knows that he's being shopped around and has his morale affected by it then by extension I can take a 20 potential minor, high of greed, low of intelligence, low of work ethic, etc. and shop him around daily causing the 20-30 players on 7 other teams (that would complete the trade) to become irate as well.
You're assuming the players offered in return for yours are aware they are being offered. I wouldn't be so sure that is true. My guess is the game is not programmed to have the offers you receive aware they have been involved in trade discussions.

Look at it this way when you shop a player you are in essence sending a notice to all teams you want to deal this player now and asking if they have any interest. There are ~30 teams with the info and it is bound to get out. However your replies come to you as a one on one conversation.
If it leaks it has to either be from your club or their's. IRL if you leaked that info the other team would probably never deal with you again and the team making the offer would have no reason to leak it at all.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

You make a very good and logical point Sweed. Now...just between you and me, let's not have anyone find out about this, okay? Lol!!

Thanks friend!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

who wants to agree with a fish? (i won't call you a war criminal, though -- watch american dad by chance? lol)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Only if you shop excessively.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #9
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Only if you shop excessively.
And I certainly did until now. Even after I read the first few replies of this thread I would have continued to shop a player repeatedly because I couldn't picture my player reading my emails or listening in to conversations with other GM's. So I am glad I replied because someone took the time to explain to me how they would be aware.

I love this community because someone will always be there to make another enjoy the game more, and be better at it in the same time.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #10
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Does it still lower moral if you have moral turned off? I would assume it does but want to make sure before I start shopping players...
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
burchardta
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda234 View Post
Does it still lower moral if you have moral turned off? I would assume it does but want to make sure before I start shopping players...
If morale is turned off, then it should not be affected.
burchardta is offline   Reply With Quote