Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #121
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

It sure is annoying when a player you want to grab for the playoffs has no BIN and the auction ends after the playoffs. I'll just have to keep an eye on the auctions because the rebuilding processes will probably start for those that missed the playoffs throughout the day.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #122
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
My Diamond League's top 12 batters by WAR. You can't compete without having Trout & Betts in your lineup.
Yep, cookie cutter build FTW.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #123
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComona View Post
BIGGEST ups to my boy chazzycat and the absolutely MAGICAL Humboldt Green. IDK how you do it, but whatever you've built that team on is INSANE and Mickey Rivers is the God Of The Entire World.
Thanks man! I am really loving my team right now, but definitely got a little lucky this season too, with no whales in my division. It is pretty satisfying though watching my team compete with much more talented ones (I have just 4 diamond cards, zero perfects).

I am pretty much built on defense and contact/gap hitting...nothing too special. I do put considerable amount of thought into the various strategy sliders. Most of my batters have custom baserunning strategies...and I watch replays to make sure I'm not running myself out of opportunities. Lots of platoons as well....I don't have any players whose job it is to sit on the bench. Everyone starts so everyone contributes. I spend a lot of time in the "player search" screen looking for players with specific attributes and then targeting them in the AH.

No Trout or Betts either! I don't plan on replacing Rivers (my last bronze card) until I can afford Griffey Jr as the strong side of my CF platoon. Yes...you heard that right, I plan on platooning Griffey...

I did spend $40 on this team though. Just bought packs and didn't pull anything game-changing, but it was still helpful.

We'll see how it holds up in perfect league next week!

Last edited by chazzycat; 12-29-2018 at 03:50 PM.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #124
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Thanks man! I am really loving my team right now, but definitely got a little lucky this season too, with no whales in my division. It is pretty satisfying though watching my team compete with much more talented ones (I have just 4 diamond cards, zero perfects).

I am pretty much built on defense and contact/gap hitting...nothing too special. I do put considerable amount of thought into the various strategy sliders. Most of my batters have custom baserunning strategies...and I watch replays to make sure I'm not running myself out of opportunities. Lots of platoons as well....I don't have any players whose job it is to sit on the bench. Everyone starts so everyone contributes. I spend a lot of time in the "player search" screen looking for players with specific attributes and then targeting them in the AH.

No Trout or Betts either! I don't plan on replacing Rivers (my last bronze card) until I can afford Griffey Jr as the strong side of my CF platoon. Yes...you heard that right, I plan on platooning Griffey...

I spent $40 on this team as well. Just bought packs and didn't pull anything game-changing, but it was still helpful.

We'll see how it holds up in perfect league next week!
As someone who grew up in Arcata, love the team name
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:33 PM   #125
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I got a triple Dinger while I was at work.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #126
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Denver Bears are leading the division.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #127
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My Macon County Cardinals are leading their division and has the best record in my silver league at 89-64. No team has clenched yet though which is great because it means things have been competitive all season. All of the division leaders are sitting between 84 and 89 wins so the playoffs should be competitive also.

My gold team on the other hand is fighting for the cellar for the second year in a row. My offense is among the best in the conference. But my pitching. Blech.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #128
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

I've had a lot less time for OOTP this past week, but maybe that has been a good thing. I thought my Holliston Homers were going to be at the bottom of the promotion list out of last seasons Gold .301, but I must have done the math wrong and ended up staying in a Gold league. After two seasons of facing some of the tougher teams around (and sharing a rookie league with some of them), it has been kind of nice to see my team do really well this time around; it looks like we'll end up with the second best record in the league (though we were the first to clinch a division, doing so on September 4th).

I picked up a Trout from a round of pack buying, so my team is now officially cookie-cutter I think, at least on offense. I also added a Scherzer, so maybe my pitching is pretty close to cookie-cutter as well. I've been hoping to avoid that, but haven't been willing to cough up the money towards AH purchases that would make it possible (while still having a competitive team), and my pack luck has not been helpful in finding as many competitive historical cards as I would like.

My no-money team is in for its first bronze season, and was pretty dominant for most of the year, but is on track to having its first month with a losing record. I'm not sure what has changed, though if I were to guess I'd guess that I started playing teams that were getting some money behind them. The Atlantis Absurds did manage to clinch the division on September 22nd, but if my guess about the competitiveness of the rest of the league having been bumped up, it might be a short post-season for them.

Last edited by absurddoctor; 12-29-2018 at 08:49 PM.
absurddoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #129
old timer
Hall Of Famer

We're now 56-100 and will definitely be relegated to a gold league. The only player who's been outstanding this season, has been Len Barker who's 12-11 2.99 ERA (best in AC). He should rank near the top in the pitching awards voting (unless his W-L record is taken into account).
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 12-29-2018 at 08:53 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #130
icedragon15
Minors (Single A)

teams got better i went small ball litterly 328 sb good avg horrible power im going to keep some move some
gordon hamilton wills milan prolyl stays as my steals boys
hsah
icedragon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:41 PM   #131
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post
I've had a lot less time for OOTP this past week, but maybe that has been a good thing. I thought my Holliston Homers were going to be at the bottom of the promotion list out of last seasons Gold .301, but I must have done the math wrong and ended up staying in a Gold league. After two seasons of facing some of the tougher teams around (and sharing a rookie league with some of them), it has been kind of nice to see my team do really well this time around; it looks like we'll end up with the second best record in the league (though we were the first to clinch a division, doing so on September 4th).

I picked up a Trout from a round of pack buying, so my team is now officially cookie-cutter I think, at least on offense. I also added a Scherzer, so maybe my pitching is pretty close to cookie-cutter as well. I've been hoping to avoid that, but haven't been willing to cough up the money towards AH purchases that would make it possible (while still having a competitive team), and my pack luck has not been helpful in finding as many competitive historical cards as I would like.

My no-money team is in for its first bronze season, and was pretty dominant for most of the year, but is on track to having its first month with a losing record. I'm not sure what has changed, though if I were to guess I'd guess that I started playing teams that were getting some money behind them. The Atlantis Absurds did manage to clinch the division on September 22nd, but if my guess about the competitiveness of the rest of the league having been bumped up, it might be a short post-season for them.
Hope to see you in World Serie against me. Good luck for the playoffs!

Last edited by Morug; 12-29-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:19 AM   #132
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post

We face each other in the division series. Good luck!
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:35 AM   #133
Izz
Hall Of Famer

So close... but no banana.

A 13-15 September (including a 3-7 final 10) left the Healy Hoggs at 82-80 and tied with the Jersey City Jaguars for the second wildcard at the conclusion of 162 games. The extra game was close but the Jaguars came from behind to win 5-4.

As a consolation prize, Davey Johnson won the HR crown.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:14 AM   #134
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Definitely stoked with my first division title! My team played it fast and loose though, a six game losing streak to finish the season saw them win the division by one game.

Can only hope that form doesn't carry over into the playoffs.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:26 AM   #135
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Raccoons ended the season 93-69, claiming not only the division but also the best record in their conference. Also, Mike Trout won the home run title with 37 bombs, drove in 99, and batted .308/.437/.568, the latter two marks also leading the league.

That's ma boy!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:53 AM   #136
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Bears (88-74) won our division and Matty Alou (.328) was the batting champ.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:57 AM   #137
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton finally has a winning record at 82--80. Now out of the bronze league.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:09 AM   #138
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Bears (88-74) won our division and Matty Alou (.328) was the batting champ.

Congratulations! What league level are your Denver Bears currently at?
Old 12-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #139
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
My Diamond League's top 12 batters by WAR. You can't compete without having Trout & Betts in your lineup. That Joe Morgan is a sweet card that might be one of the best well-rounded 2B options in the game. Just not common.
But you never know. Trout hit 249 for me this season in Diamond.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #140
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Yahoo! Today I Get Bumped Back Down Where My Bums Belong!

My team of ragtag misfits have always been over acheivers up until this last promotion to Diamond. We're in a tough league and division and got squashed this season. Lost 99 games. Dumped several underperforming Gold Players during the season, too. Rizzo? Hardly knew ya!

I am looking forward to my well deserved demotion. I can't hang with the big boys. More power to the great teams. It's nice that a couple times a season I was able to pull off a shocker and beat some really good line ups with my mid to lower 80's and below team.

Fun game! I'm still waiting like a child on Christmas to open up my first pack that has a plus 90 player! Still waiting...

Last edited by webdox; 12-30-2018 at 09:33 AM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote