Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Draft Pool Editor

I created a draft pool editor in the form of an excel spreadsheet and have it at a point that I'd be interested in getting feedback.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u1o8o...edit.xlsx/file

The instructions are on the first sheet. Basically you export the draft pool, paste it in there, select which year you would like to recreate, and then reimport into OOTP.

It's not crazy user-friendly but should be easy enough to use.

Last edited by stealofhome; 11-06-2018 at 09:32 PM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Just came across this and looks very interesting, im just a bit confused on what this exactly does i guess? Can this be used after 2018?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Yes, it was made to be used whenever as a way to change the distribution of the skills for the players in the draft. I've been having problems with feeder league skills so I've used it to change the talent distribution to something that better suits me.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
Yes, it was made to be used whenever as a way to change the distribution of the skills for the players in the draft. I've been having problems with feeder league skills so I've used it to change the talent distribution to something that better suits me.
How well does it work if you dont use feeders?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

It probably doesn't matter as much if you don't use feeders. I feel like they have more issues with drafts, but it should work the same. Admittedly I haven't messed with it much and I was just about to do some testing but seems as though there is an issue somewhere that hadn't cropped up before. I believe OOTP changed the draft export file a bit so it isn't working for me right now.

EDIT: The issue is the maxifs function which is not available on all versions of Excel.

Last edited by stealofhome; 11-05-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #6
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I updated the file and it is working for me, although rather slowly. It did not take this long to calculate previously, so wondering if it is my computer. (Doing a restart did seem to help).

You still have to manually pull down or delete the rows on the draft_pool_edit tab to the correct amount and also change the columns EW and EX on the PasteDataHere tab, including editing the range formula of the rank column.

What it cannot yet do which seems to be a big flaw in feeder leagues is change the ratio of starting to relief pitchers. It would need to add another pitch to some segment of the population but has no way of doing that now.

Last edited by stealofhome; 11-07-2018 at 09:24 AM.