Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
thefanblog
Bat Boy

Incorrect Rule 5 Pool

We are online league approaching 2026 season, having upgraded from 18.

The Rule 5 draft pool is missing most of the eligible players. We decided to push the draft back two weeks (into next calendar year) but it has made no difference. The pool consists of 254 players for most owners, but some have more or less.

I'm glad to provide any additional information but I don't know what else there is to say.

The file was uploaded folder name BLNA
thefanblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

As far as I can see, everyone has the same number of players in the rule 5 pool (253 in the save provided). Which teams are seeing more or less? Which players do you think should be eligible who aren't? If you are seeing some players on some lists but not others, if you can find anything in common with them, that might help.

I forget exactly, but I think sometime this year it was added that players in your organization may not show up in your rule 5 draft list, so perhaps if some teams are seeing less guys, it could be their own guys that aren't there? But I forget exactly in what cases they got removed from the lists so it's possible that's not the case, but it may be something to look into. But otherwise, the more information you can share about which players are different on the lists, the easier that is to look into.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I can't recall how online files work at each level, but is it possible some members have filters active?
Old 05-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
nuwildcat
Minors (Single A)

I am a member of this league. The problem is that no players under 26 are showing up in the pool. There are many players shown as eligible in the Roster Transactions sections of each team that do not appear in the pool. There are no filters on for anybody that's look. For example look at Baltimore's AAA affiliate Norfolk. The following players are eligible but do not show up in the Rule 5 Pool:

Marcelo Hernandez
Antonio Maradiaga
Travis McCulley
Melvin Padilla
Jorge Silva
Dalton Terrell
Anderson Amarista
Dustin Baber
Armando Bocanegra
John Gavin
Parker Kaufmann
John Mulholland
Fernando Tatis Jr.
Matthew Wick
Will Banfield
Palmer Bowles
Ryan Day
Patrick Mathis

Some players from Norfolk are in the draft pool so it is not a case as suggested that player's from one's own team do not show up.

Last edited by nuwildcat; 05-25-2018 at 09:42 PM.
nuwildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #5
thefanblog
Bat Boy

The players seem identified positively in the game with the # on the roster and transactions screen.
Examples: Texas - Mike Nowakowski, Danny deLeon, Frank Pershall, David Ward, Nelson Banda, Cletus Dow, TJ Henard, Armondo Sciama, Justin Suarez, Trevor Wheeler.....

Look at any teams Roster & Transactions and any player U26 with a # should be in pool and is not.

I think that some players who aren't truly eligible, Nowakowski above, are included as this is their fourth year and the # was attached once we crossed the calendar year. That is limited issue. The big issue is the pool, unfiltered, is just not close to right.

The Cubs showed a much different pool, at least on the orginally scheduled date. His screen shot.

I would be shocked if those young guys are actually eligible, but perhaps.

Again let me know what additional I can provide. Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
As far as I can see, everyone has the same number of players in the rule 5 pool (253 in the save provided). Which teams are seeing more or less? Which players do you think should be eligible who aren't? If you are seeing some players on some lists but not others, if you can find anything in common with them, that might help.

I forget exactly, but I think sometime this year it was added that players in your organization may not show up in your rule 5 draft list, so perhaps if some teams are seeing less guys, it could be their own guys that aren't there? But I forget exactly in what cases they got removed from the lists so it's possible that's not the case, but it may be something to look into. But otherwise, the more information you can share about which players are different on the lists, the easier that is to look into.
thefanblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Ah, I see what's happening here. This league has the "block fictional players from reaching the majors" flag set, and so we automatically remove from the rule 5 pool all fictional players. I would suggest removing that flag, and then on this save I have 198 pages of rule 5 eligible players
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #7
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Ah, I see what's happening here. This league has the "block fictional players from reaching the majors" flag set, and so we automatically remove from the rule 5 pool all fictional players. I would suggest removing that flag, and then on this save I have 198 pages of rule 5 eligible players
Is this the default setting for OOTP19?
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
Is this the default setting for OOTP19?
No, it's not.

Because by default most league types will very soon be filled with fictional players and blocking them from reaching the majors would screw things up before you've played too many years into the game!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote