Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #1
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Not getting draft pick from another team signing an A-type free agent

It is 1986 and the Houston Astros just signed an A-type free agent from my team. I received a message that I received their 1st round draft pick and a supplemental pick. I am getting the supplemental pick but they still have their draft pick, #10 overall. Now, I should be getting their 2nd round pick not their first, but I'm not getting that either.

Then, Detroit signs my other A-type free agent and I get the same message about getting their 1st round pick (#27). I don't get that pick either, but I do get the supplemental pick.

Now, I'm going to use commissioner mode to fix this, but I figured I'd pass it along.
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

It is 1987 and I have 3 type-A free agents get signed by other teams. 2 were supposed to grant me their 1st round pick and I didn't get that. Another was supposed to grant me their 2nd round pick and I GOT that 2nd round pick. But I just noticed that I have 5 supplemental picks. So I think what is happening is that as opposed to getting the other teams 1st round pick, I'm getting an extra supplemental pick!

Last edited by malichai11; 05-16-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:11 AM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Which set of rule are you playing with, the 2012 CBA or the more recent one?

Because what you're describing sounds like it's working correctly according to the current CBA but you're expecting things to work according to the old CBA. You might just need to take a look at your league's settings and adjust which rules it's using.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

There is NOT a checkmark for using 2012 CBA. It is 1986. We have A and B type free agents. Definitely a bug.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #5
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

In case you missed my edit in my previous post. I am getting TWO supplemental draft picks when someone signs my type A free agents and they're supposed to give me a 1st round pick. When someone signs a type A free agent and I'm supposed to get a 2nd round pick I'm getting a supplemental pick and their 2nd round pick.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #6
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

If I sign an A-type free agent from another team, they DO get my 1st round draft pick and they only receive 1 supplemental draft pick.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #7
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

It is 1989 and I just received the 1st round pick (#21) from a team for signing my type-A free agent and only 1 supplemental pick. This is the weirdest bug I've ever encountered. What the heck happened in the previous 3 years? I don't know, but I'll keep paying attention and weighing in.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:26 PM   #8
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

It is 1994 and I haven't noticed any more issues with Type A free agent signings.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #9
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

I have a save game with a repeatable bug with this. It is 1998. The New York Yankees sign my type-A free agent. I get a message that I am getting their 1st round pick and a supplemental pick. I don't get their 1st round pick but I do get a supplemental pick. Their pick is #10 overall. I should be getting their 2nd round pick, I'm pretty sure, anyway. I have a save from January 1st and have advanced twice and then ctrl-alt-del'd each time I get the message so you should be able to reproduce it if you want my save file.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #10
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Same save file on April 2nd my final type-A free agent is signed. Milwaukee Bucks, their pick is #6. I get a message that I'm getting their 1st round pick and a supplemental pick. Based on the draft order, I should be getting their 2nd round pick. Instead, I get neither their 1st nor 2nd round pick and just get the supplemental pick. It would seem the bug is that the game is correctly recognizing that top 10 teams keep their 1st round pick and isn't giving me that, but is both failing to give me their 2nd round pick and also still sending me a personal message that I'm getting their 1st round pick.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Keep in mind that pre-2012, it was the top half of the draft that was protected, i.e. 15 picks in the 30-team structure and 13 picks in the likely 26-team structure from the OP.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #12
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Keep in mind that pre-2012, it was the top half of the draft that was protected, i.e. 15 picks in the 30-team structure and 13 picks in the likely 26-team structure from the OP.

Thanks, I couldn't remember exactly where the cutoff was. Doesn't change that a team with a top 15 pick that signs my type-A free agent should be giving me their 2nd round pick, as opposed to giving me 0 picks, and certainly shouldn't be reporting that they're giving me their 1st round pick.

I can fix this in commissioner mode every year, but it kind of stinks. And it was never an issue in any previous versions of the game.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hi, have you uploaded your save file (http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...developments)? That's the best way for us to see what might be happening here. Thanks
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #14
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

I uploaded it as TypeAFreeAgents.zip . From this point in time through 2005 where I'm currently at, whenever a team with a top 15 pick signs a type-A free agent of mine I get a message that I'm getting their 1st round pick and I end up getting nothing but a supplemental pick. In the save file, the Yankees will sign a type-A free agent of mine within the first 3 weeks and you'll see what happens. If you keep going forward, in April my other type-A free agent will get signed by the Brewers (#6 pick) and the same thing happens.

In my current game I've advanced well past the point in this current save file, but this save file can immediately show you what is happening with 2 of my type-A free agents about to be signed. One within weeks and the other within months.

Last edited by malichai11; 05-22-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #15
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks! It appears that the logic wanted to give you their first non-protected first round pick, which actually ends up being a supplemental first. But we were missing the logic to change teams on the pick, so it was simply just removing the pick from them and not giving it to you. This likely explains why sometimes a pick was changing hands and sometimes it wasn't.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #16
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah! I'm not crazy. Thanks so much Matt.