Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-06-2018, 02:50 AM   #1
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

1 Division 24 teams 161 game schedule

No idea why clicking balanced schedule wouldn't work in game to have a 24 team league play every opponent 7 times for a 161 game schedule, but it doesnt. Looking for a truly balanced schedule, thanks for the help in advance!
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
No idea why clicking balanced schedule wouldn't work in game to have a 24 team league play every opponent 7 times for a 161 game schedule, but it doesnt. Looking for a truly balanced schedule, thanks for the help in advance!

I have one that is 3h/3a against all teams for a total of 138 games. I can modify it to have an extra game for each team. I could then flip the schedule and have the match ups even out over a 2 year period.

I really don't create schedules, but am comfortable with excel to modify them. If you want me to do this just let me know.

James
Old 01-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I completed a schedule for this request, due to the 3H/4A or 4H/3A I have 2 schedules that I will post after I test them. I was going to do a template schedule to allow the player to change the matchups yearly, but since the schedule is practically a balanced schedule decided against doing this unless some one requests it.

I will post more information about the schedule when I post it.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I completed a schedule for this request, due to the 3H/4A or 4H/3A I have 2 schedules that I will post after I test them. I was going to do a template schedule to allow the player to change the matchups yearly, but since the schedule is practically a balanced schedule decided against doing this unless some one requests it.

I will post more information about the schedule when I post it.
Thank you sir!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

I'm wondering if I should up the teams to 28 to make it 6 games per team and 162 games to make things even out...think that's better?

Old 01-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No schedule should produce an odd number of games. Balance applies to home and away games at first principle.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:40 PM   #7
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
No schedule should produce an odd number of games. Balance applies to home and away games at first principle.
You're right.

Gonna go with 28 teams 162 games

Old 01-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #8
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm wondering if I should up the teams to 28 to make it 6 games per team and 162 games to make things even out...think that's better?

That schedule already exists.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #9
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Schedule is complete. It does not matter that the schedule is 161. I have a flipp file that you use the next year. Teams play80/81 or 81/80 and then they play the opposite the next year. A lot of leagues have used uneven number of games in the past and this schedule is very good. 161 games/184 days - close to MLB standards. Those complaining about the schedule do not need to use it. The request was for 24 teams/161 games and that is what I created. Tested in game looks great. 7 teams against each opponent 3/4 or 4/3. Alot of work went into this and there are other schedules that have uneven number of games on this site. Sorry to be defensive, but there is nothing to say a schedule has to have an even number of games and with the schedule reversed the next year it evens out historically in your league.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G161_SL1_D1_T24_C_S!_jdp.lsdl (96.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G161_SL1_D1_T24_C_S2_jdp.lsdl (96.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #10
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

This schedule can also be used for 2 subleagues of 12 teams and with an allstar game. To do this just edit the top of the file to your league setup, move the games from either 85-88 or 113-116, and place the lines to 185 -188 and change the all-star setting to either day 86 or 114.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #11
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Plenty of leagues throughout history have had uneven number of games played, and if you don't like the setup don;t use the schedule. I evened it out teams playing 3/4 play 4/3 the next year. If you look through the schedule list you will see schedules with uneven games.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #12
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
You're right.

Gonna go with 28 teams 162 games

Well the schedule is here and looks great, if you don't want it no problem. But I created 2 schedule that flip h/a matchups and every 2 years each team plays 7h/7a no issues with this setup.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:13 PM   #13
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Double check of schedules

Just looking at schedules with 5, 8 and 10 teams, I found schedules with total games of 45, 121, 123, 137, 145, 165, 173, 155, 141, 143, 147, 151, 157. There are many more but these are just the ones I found in about 10 minutes of looking. This pisses me off that one person says that it must be one way, when my question would be why. I have each team playing the same number of total games against EACH opponent 7 games versus 23 opponents - 161. I guess I could add one game but then you have 7x22, 8x1. I prefer to keep the total games against each opponent the same. So by adding a game I get 3/4 or 4/3 and one oddball series of 4/4. Makes no sense to have ONE opponent playing MORE games against an opponent than the other 22 opponents.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Schedules tested out good - rebuilt nand repost
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G161_SL1_D1_T24_C_S2_jdp.lsdl (96.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G161_SL1_D1_T24_C_S1_jdp.lsdl (96.6 KB, 121 views)