Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #41
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Strat-o-Matic? Well, to be honest, I am pretty sure we already outsell them by a huge margin
Yes you do!
Great presentation Markus.
This game looks like you hit one, well....
OUT OF THE PARK!!!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #42
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Very good presentation! This game is going to be amazing!!
I'm fifty years old, I feel like I'm 14 again!
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #43
Chomps
Major Leagues

Terrific video Markus, the re-design of the in-game screen is very nice. I may have missed it, but what was your screen resolution for the video?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #44
Cal Ripken
Bat Boy

THIS is some exciting stuff, Markus!

I've dreamt of a 3D mode like this for as long as you've been making OOTP... can't wait for my pre-order download.
Cal Ripken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #45
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

What a great looking game. Been here since v4 and bought v18, but I was honestly thinking about sitting this version out. After watching the video, I'm in. Love the look and new features.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #46
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's BEAUTIFUL!

Need to change the Cardinals color to Cardinal RED on the out of town scoreboard.

Cincy should be red too.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 03-14-2018 at 09:53 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:40 PM   #47
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Looks great! I think my favorite feature in the 3d is the dynamic stats next to the hitter's picture/profile. For the pitcher, the stamina bar is in that spot. I hope you figure out a way of putting in the dynamic stats for the pitcher too!
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #48
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

This is so great! When I started playing sports sims way back in 1972, I don't know if I could even imagine that the games would evolve into this. So statistically realistic AND, repeat AND, visually realistic! We finally have BOTH!

Great job, Markus and Company!
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:46 AM   #49
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Terrific video Markus, the re-design of the in-game screen is very nice. I may have missed it, but what was your screen resolution for the video?
That was 1920 * 1200.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:47 AM   #50
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It's BEAUTIFUL!

Need to change the Cardinals color to Cardinal RED on the out of town scoreboard.

Cincy should be red too.
Nope, those are the colors we have to use per MLB's advice
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:23 AM   #51
zappa1
All Star Starter

Watched this yesterday and was like, "whoa, this is really gonna be fun". Not that the past versions weren't fun, but this one has me really fired up. Now if only there was a faster way to rebuild your index that the last windows 10 update ruined, I'd feel even better. But, no matter, one day it will be done. As for Strat-O-Matic, it's their own fault for not being customer friendly, charging you for every paper clip with nothing much to say about updating the game itself except, here, get last year's season and replay it. Whoop-dee-do, said Archie Bunker.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:50 AM   #52
32koufax
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Strat-o-Matic? Well, to be honest, I am pretty sure we already outsell them by a huge margin
Markus,

I played Strat since 1970. Cards and dice and then the computer version. This is the 1st year I did NOT order the computer game. The computer game, IMO, hasn't changed much at all the past 5 years. It is stagnant and outdated. During game play for instance, the lineup for the team at bat only shows the real life stats. There is no option to view the replay stats for the 9 players on offense and there is no option to even display the defensive team's players on the game screen. Small yearly changes such as adding a pitcher's WHIP number to their player stats is a small upgrade for the money they charge per yearly upgrade.
I've championed many, what I thought, useful suggestions to the company and they were never adopted by Strat. Perhaps they are short on money, manpower or both, I don't know...
I will say that OOTP gives me so much to view in my yearly historical replays. What I thought about inaccurate OOTP historical replays a few versions back, is completely gone. As I wind up my 1963 replay, I'm amazed at the accuracy of the game engine to produce not only accurate league totals, but also beautiful player stats. Introducing as played lineups, transactions and now hitters L/R splits w/ OOTP-19 is fantastic.
Great work by everyone!!
Jack

Last edited by 32koufax; 03-15-2018 at 05:58 AM.
32koufax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:21 AM   #53
adaher
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32koufax View Post
Markus,

I played Strat since 1970. Cards and dice and then the computer version. This is the 1st year I did NOT order the computer game. The computer game, IMO, hasn't changed much at all the past 5 years. It is stagnant and outdated. During game play for instance, the lineup for the team at bat only shows the real life stats. There is no option to view the replay stats for the 9 players on offense and there is no option to even display the defensive team's players on the game screen. Small yearly changes such as adding a pitcher's WHIP number to their player stats is a small upgrade for the money they charge per yearly upgrade.
I've championed many, what I thought, useful suggestions to the company and they were never adopted by Strat. Perhaps they are short on money, manpower or both, I don't know...
I will say that OOTP gives me so much to view in my yearly historical replays. What I thought about inaccurate OOTP historical replays a few versions back, is completely gone. As I wind up my 1963 replay, I'm amazed at the accuracy of the game engine to produce not only accurate league totals, but also beautiful player stats. Introducing as played lineups, transactions and now hitters L/R splits w/ OOTP-19 is fantastic.
Great work by everyone!!
Jack
I just bought the Strat Football and Basketball games, as they are still the best available IMO, at least until OOTP comes out with something better in those two sports.

But OOTP Baseball, it's been by far the best for awhile, but the distance between OOTP and the next best baseball sim is only getting wider.
adaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #54
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
I just bought the Strat Football and Basketball games, as they are still the best available IMO, at least until OOTP comes out with something better in those two sports.
Amen. Markus, Matt, everybody: You have to work on this. I know it's not your affinity, perhaps (although I was just talking about you, Markus, on another forum, saying it was a "wonderment" that a German knew so much about American baseball even 10-15 years ago, let alone now).

Still, you have an obligation to your fans on this side of the pond to apply your OOTPB standards of excellence to these other games. There is a crying need! Literally! ()

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #55
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Amen. Markus, Matt, everybody: You have to work on this...Still, you have an obligation to your fans on this side of the pond to apply your OOTPB standards of excellence to these other games. There is a crying need! Literally! ()
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=285358

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #56
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Holy Smokes! You can tell that I've been away from this game for a while. What a surprise. Thanks. THANKS!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #57
32koufax
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post

But OOTP Baseball, it's been by far the best for awhile, but the distance between OOTP and the next best baseball sim is only getting wider.
I have the latest versions of both games. Personally, I've taken a liking to Second and Ten for football and Hoops PC game. Hoops plays, from what I'm told, like Mickey's Basketball game from many years ago.
32koufax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #58
drksd4848
All Star Starter

You know what was funny watching the 3D animation demo in the video?

I remember buying OOTP last year excited to see the improved 3D with the "player-like" icons along with the ball movement etc.

I load up the game, nearly jumping up and down in my seat with anticipation! I hastily put together a historical exhibition game, set it all up. I start up the game and hit the button - now I can FINALLY see some REAL 3D action...

And the first ten batters on BOTH sides either strike out or walk... UGH!!

This game either has a vicious sense of humor, or is unmercifully cruel...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #59
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Literally the first time I have ever heard Markus's voice and I was not disappointed! (loved the "Porchello" pronunciation instead of "Porcello")

and especially loved that you chose my Red Sox to use as your team!!!

ONE WEEK LEFT!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #60
lschaef
Minors (Triple A)

One small thing that bothers me in the videos I've seen of the animation is that when players dive they get back to there feet VERY quickly, especially infielders who dive for a ground ball and miss.
lschaef is offline   Reply With Quote