Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 AM   #1
xtaylordx
Minors (Single A)

34 2s 3d 5/5/6/6/6/6

I did not see this in the list thread pinned above. Does anyone have it?

Interleague
Unbalanced

Basically normal settings just a weird division structure.

Thanks.
xtaylordx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:59 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

a simple modification

found a schedule in the schedule list that was close, just the divisions were not in the same order. took about 10 minutes in excel to "move" the divisions to the correct order. test and verified in game. again I did not create the actual schedule I just modified an old one from 2009.

EDIT: added second schedule as an alternating schedule. noticed that teams played very uneven number of home and away games against division opponents. I simply put into excel and move away column to home and home to away and changed the away= and home= to the opposite. then concatenate new text into a single cell and copied back to new schedule. I did this because looking at the comments it had teams not splitting games evenly between home and away. I don't know if many want to have the games equal out over time but I like the option.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 05-21-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

explaination on why I do 2 schedules.

at this time I do not create any schedules. i am learning from the tutorial on this forum and looking at schedules from the schedule list thread. i mainly just modify schedules at this time. i started downloading schedules from the schedule list and most have a _gmo in the comments. i like them because they are commented in the schedule file, a good learning tool.

I create 2 schedules when i modify the gmo schedules. the schedules are very good but i found one thing that i was wondering about. when he has a 9 game versus an opponents he does (3/6 or 6/3) or 15 games he goes (9/6 or 6/9). i am not a schedule maker but i would expect (4/5 or 5/4) in 9 games and (7/8 or 8/7) in 15 games. I reverse the home and away because if i did not over time a team will play some teams twice as much at home than on the road when playing the 9 games. it probably does not matter in fictional games and i have only played replays in another game. i also realize this would mean loading a schedule every year rather than just letting OOTP take care of the schedule.

i just want to know if the people that use these schedules like the idea of the 2 schedules or don't care either way on the total games home and road totals being close over history of league?

i have not played a league yet in this game but am designing on paper my first fictional league and i am probably going to use one of the schedules i modified or take one from the schedule list thread and have 2 schedules by modifying the one i download and create a second reverse file. just wondering what the people who play the game do. also why do people make request for schedules doesn't OOTP build schedules automatically for fictional leagues?

Sorry about so many questions, being new to game, i like it so far but this is the most complicated baseball sim i have ever played (longtime dmb player, very simple game). OOTP has many options and is easy to customize

James
Old 05-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
xtaylordx
Minors (Single A)

OOTP does generate schedules, but when expanding a league it doesn't do it well. It especially has issues with interleague play.

I'm also curious about 34T 2S 3D 656566 or 656656.

Maybe I need to explore myself how to edit existing custom schedules.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

The schedule list has one that can be modified

On the schedule list is a 566/665 that can be modified to fit you needs. It plays 144 games in league and 18 interleague games. If that works for you I can work on it for you. Does not take long about 15-20 minutes to create and test. I do these in excel so that I can sort and see how many games each team plays against division teams and such. But this can be done with notepad with the original schedule file to be modified.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #6
xtaylordx
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
On the schedule list is a 566/665 that can be modified to fit you needs. It plays 144 games in league and 18 interleague games. If that works for you I can work on it for you. Does not take long about 15-20 minutes to create and test. I do these in excel so that I can sort and see how many games each team plays against division teams and such. But this can be done with notepad with the original schedule file to be modified.
No, I would want it to be 162 just like the request above. I'm curious how you edit in excel. I am fairly pc savvy and might be able to learn to tweak with schedules on my own.

I tested the alt schedule you posted above. It is perfect. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #7
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaylordx View Post
No, I would want it to be 162 just like the request above. I'm curious how you edit in excel. I am fairly pc savvy and might be able to learn to tweak with schedules on my own.

I tested the alt schedule you posted above. It is perfect. Thanks.
The files I stated above are 162 games. 144 in league and 18 interleague for 162 total games. Your 1st post said unbalanced and interleague. The only schedule available to modify is the one I suggested. To tweak your own I simply move the divisions by using a couple of lookup tables, one to create a place holder for the team numbers and then one to take the place holder assign a team number to it. Then I take the 3 column table and bring it to a spreadsheet that I have that creates the games line needed for the file. Not rocket science pretty easy once you write down the steps to the changes you want.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 05-21-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:53 AM   #8
xtaylordx
Minors (Single A)

Ahh my bad I read that as 144 games which included 18 interleague not 144+18.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #9
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaylordx View Post
Ahh my bad I read that as 144 games which included 18 interleague not 144+18.
No problem. I created the 2 files you were asking for and I also created the other 7 different combinations and I have another thread where I uploaded a zip file with all 9 combinations with a second file to flip the home and away games, 18 files in all.

The schedules are balanced though and it is not what you had requested. Hopefully another schedule maker can do this schedule. I do not have experience making these schedules and modifying the balanced schedule would be a mess because of the interleague games needed to play each day because of the odd number of teams in the subleague.

To get the schedule to have 6 games against each team in the other division and 18 games total interleague the divisions should be structured like this:

5 team divisions -18 games against each team in division (72 games) plus the 72 games other subleague 6*12 + 18 interleague

6 team divisions - 16 games against 3 teams, 15 games against the other 2 teams (78 games) 66 games other subleague 6*11 + 18 interleague.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 05-23-2017 at 02:18 AM.