Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 01-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Marcus75844
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jim Unknown Listed As Owners & Manager

Last night i loaded my 2024 season in OOTP 17 and I noticed that my owner and manager was changed to Jim Unknown. Looking throughout the league I noticed other teams with Jim Unknown listed as an Owner or coaches. Is their anyway to correct this without restoring from a previous backup? Will advancing to the next day change it back to the correct names? Please help.
Marcus75844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you can manually change the owners name, age etc ... Under owners profile. Not at my game computer, so can't recall the exact steps to get there but it's on the finance page of the team. Once you change the names, they should remain changed. i've done it a couple of times and it's worked OK.

To change the coaches names, you just need to go to their profile and hit the edit button.

And to make it a little more interesting ... you could write an article for the newspaper about the new owner. (That's under the MLB page, News.)

i don't know if advancing a day will change anything. Possibly exiting the program and restarting it, but that's completely a guess.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 01-03-2017 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typos
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
Marcus75844
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know that I am able to change the names but the problem is that it is empty slots and it randomly affects different coaches throughout the minor leagues and even some owners for each team. I have a backup from a week ago. Is it possible to copy one of those files from last week and replace it with the files that are causing these Jim Unknown issues? Does anyone know a specific file that I must replace? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Marcus75844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Knicks411
Bat Boy

I don't know if it's worth it or not to bump this thread, but I am having a similar issue. In my season it looks like the Marlins (not the team I am controlling) have signed a free agent named Jim Unknown, and it's essentially crashed my game. Whenever I look at any teams lineup/rotations, it has retired players in the lineup slots. If I advance a day or try and edit the unknown player, I just get a message saying "ootp17.exe has stopped working".

Has anyone else had this issue?
Knicks411 is offline   Reply With Quote