Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Affiliated Historical minor leagues 50 23.26%
In-game player symbols/stadium upgrades 13 6.05%
Automatically generated game recaps and headlines 17 7.91%
Improved Sim speed 39 18.14%
Individualized GM's 32 14.88%
Improved interface 2 0.93%
Historical exhibition mode 14 6.51%
Defined team needs for trades 21 9.77%
Improved player career arcs 16 7.44%
ZiPS replacing Pecota 4 1.86%
MLBPA licence 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Which announced feature are you most looking forward to?

Pick only one please.

Keep in mind this poll only included the officially announced features from the newsletter announcement.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 02-20-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I picked improved player career arcs, however I look forward to the "little things" that may have been added which we do not know about yet.
Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I picked improved player career arcs, however I look forward to the "little things" that may have been added which we do not know about yet.
I'm excited for those as well! Usually they are announced towards the bottom of the newsletter, but it looks like they used a different format this year for the announcement.

Looking forward to the Road To Release series!
Old 02-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I picked Affiliated Historical minor leagues, but it's more about having access to 100,000 historical players, rather than 18,000+ (standard database), or 29,000+ (Spritze database). That increase is positively mindblowing.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I picked Affiliated Historical minor leagues, but it's more about having access to 100,000 historical players, rather than 18,000+ (standard database), or 29,000+ (Spritze database). That increase is positively mindblowing.
It certainly adds a brand new element to historical mode, that's for sure.

And playing with the OOTP Dev engine instead of using recalc will see some Minor league players turn into pretty good MLB players in some cases as well, thanks to TCR. We can see history change more than ever, now.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

Individualized team needs. That's a feature that has been a long time in coming.

However, the improved and individualized GM AI and the improved 3D were very close seconds.
Sox2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It certainly adds a brand new element to historical mode, that's for sure.

And playing with the OOTP Dev engine instead of using recalc will see some Minor league players turn into pretty good MLB players in some cases as well, thanks to TCR. We can see history change more than ever, now.
I use both recalc and the development engine for my random debut historicals, so that when the stats run out the engine will take over, and we'll see what happens. Clayton Kershaw crashed and burned in one of my leagues, while Tillie Shafer (who had 212 hits lifetime) wound up with 3,022 hits and a trip to the HoF. I don't like going full player development mode though, but at least by using both, you can get the players to retire at a somewhat normal age.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I will just add that the listed number of 100,000 is pretty significantly underselling the amount of players currently in the db.

I just loaded up the master db, which has one line per player and it's actually at well over 150,000 lines as of last build.

That's not an official number in any sense, so don't hold me to it. Not sure what will happen with any tweaks, so there may end up being more or less than that number, but you can pretty much take the 100,000 number Markus mentioned as being a minimum with the actual number likely to be significantly higher.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 02-20-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Markus should realize just how good a job he did on this upgrade by the diversity of response to this poll. As always, so many huge improvements.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #10
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Which announced feature are you most looking forward to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox2013 View Post
Individualized team needs. That's a feature that has been a long time in coming.

However, the improved and individualized GM AI and the improved 3D were very close seconds.

Exactly this.

I'll add player development to the mix. Hopefully there are less utility players and utility players are actually a specialty now. Seem like everyone can play almost everywhere at a near high level.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #11
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

It's not the most glamorous feature but increased sim speed is a huge deal.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #12
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I selected "Defined team needs for trades" really hoping that the "Players on trading block" actual works in this version. It has been a fail since it's inception many versions ago and every version I request this to be fixed. Markus/Matt ?
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #13
Caporegime
All Star Starter

It's a toss up between Historical Minors and multi-core processing. I selected Historical Minors because it's a feature I thought would never be added to OOTP, and I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised to see it on this year's list of new features.

I guess every category of OOTP player has felt this way at one time or another, but as a historical simmer primarily, I've always kinda felt like my group was the ugly stepchild of the OOTP family, especially in recent years, with so much of Markus' creative energies being drawn to adding 3D graphics to the game. 3D is sexy, it's hip, it's what's happenin', baby.. Historical simmers like me?...Nostalgic geeks who pour over deadball Era stats wondering how best to re-create Merkle's boner. As unhip and uncool as it gets. So, you can only imagine my euphoric delight at seeing historical minors added.

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-20-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:38 PM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If i could have picked two, it would have been minor leagues and the new GM's feature. My dad just showed me 5 guys he went to school with or knew who played minor league ball. I look forward to editing GM's in my EBL vs MLB league to have certain attributes.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:13 AM   #15
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Pick only one please.

Keep in mind this poll only included the officially announced features from the newsletter announcement.
Great Poll.

It was a tough choice for me between GM personalities and Trade AI. I think the former may be more interesting but the latter is more practical. To me it came down to interesting vs. smarter. To me they were equal but I had to pick one.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 AM   #16
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

It was a tough choice between...well, everything, really. But I went with better sim speed as something that will certainly satisfy me.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:24 AM   #17
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Historical minors.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:11 AM   #18
Cod
All Star Reserve

I voted for improved player career arcs; however, it was a close choice between that and defined team needs for trades.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #19
HerbertMcHoover
Minors (Triple A)

The affiliated historical minor leagues are epic, but I am also big about individualized GMs, which will definitely change the complexition of the game.

Usually, the small things make a big difference for me. I already saw that opt-outs made it in this year, which is amazing. Hope to find out more little things like that soon.
HerbertMcHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #20
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

I chose defined team needs for trades.
Now i can weed thru the chaff to get to the wheat...so to speak!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote