Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager Dynasty Reports

MLB Manager Dynasty Reports Tell us about the MLBM dynasties you have built!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Miami Marlins MLB Dynasty

Now that the first major update has been released, I've decided to start my first real dynasty with a team. I've played around with some of the teams, just quick-simming entire seasons, but this time it's for real. For my first dynasty, I will be using the Miami Marlins, an up-and-coming team that has two of the best players on both ends of the game, Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez, and a very well-balance team overall. Let's have a closer look at my dynasty and the Marlins.

The Marlins have a number of young and talented players that are closing in on their prime. Aside from Stanton and Fernandez, they have young players such as Christian Yelich, Marcell Ozuna, Adeiny Hechavarria, J.T. Realmuto, and Jarred Cosart that are all major-league ready with All-Star potential. They also have a number of great key supporting players such as Dee Gordon, Mike Morse, and Mat Latos that make them look like contenders from the very start. Finally, they also have a deep youth system that will produce a number of great players, especially pitchers and middle infielders.

Here's my Opening Day Roster/Depth Charts, as well as key players that either just missed the cut or are on the verge of getting called up from the minors.

NOTE: This report is a work in progress!

Depth Chart
PositionStarterUtility
CJarrod SaltalamacchiaJ.T. Realmuto
1BMike MorseJeff Baker
2BDee GordonJeff Baker
3BMartin PradoDonovan Solano
SSAdeiny HechavarriaDonovan Solano
LFChristian YelichIchiro Suzuki
CFMarcell OzunaTyler Colvin
RFGiancarlo StantonTyler Colvin

Rotation/Bullpen
SP1R Mat Latos
SP2R Dan Haren
SP3R Henderson Alvarez
SP4R Jarred Cosart
SP5R Tom Koehler
MR1R Bryan Morris
MR2R Sam Dyson
MR3R Matt Ramsey
MR4L Grant Dayton
SU1R A.J. Ramos
SU2L Mike Dunn
CLR Steve Cishek

Top 10 Minor Leaguers (By Overall)
1.2B Derek Dietrich
2.1B Justin Bour
3.C Jeff Mathis
4.2B Jordany Valdespin ^
5.MR David Phelps ^*
6.MR Brad Hand ^*
7.MR Carter Capps *
8.LF Brent Keys
9.2B Avery Romero
10.SS Miguel Rojas

^ Means that player has arrow indicating that he's Major League ready.
* Means that player was on original roster but was cut.

Last edited by mac2298; 04-14-2015 at 05:40 PM.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

As I continue to update my above report, I have played the first series and am midway through the second. As of now, we have done horribly, winning none of the first 4 games despite coming close on nearly all of them. Stanton had no hits through the first 2 games vs Atlanta and just 2 hits in the last 2 games. Starting pitching has been horrendous, with Latos giving up 5 in 5 innings on Opening Day and Henderson Alvarez giving up 5 in 6. The only bright spots so far are in Martin Prado, who's batting .333/.412/.667 batting in 2nd. Ozuna had a great first 2 games against the Rays and is hitting .333/.333/.467.

Because my starting pitching was so bad, I've had to look to my bullpen a lot, and have had mixed success. Sam Dyson, who made the cut by surprise, has done great, pitching me out of 2 jams in 2 games over 3 innings. Matt Ramsey, an equally surprising player that made the cut, has had similar success, but has struck out 2 in 2.1. If these two surprise young pitchers can keep it up, they might just save the season.

However, on the other hand the big-names in the bullpen have disappointed. A.J. Ramos has 4 earned runs in 2.2 innings, which is awful considering he's supposed to be the setup man. Mike Dunn has done his job in just .2 innings in 2 games thus far, as has Cishek in his single-inning appearance on Opening Day, but the other big name, Bryan Morris, has given up 2 runs in 1.1 innings and his stats are looking like a lot like Ramos's.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote