Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM Dynasty Reports

Old 02-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #41
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Game 11 vs. Anaheim

The Ducks came to Philly for what turned out to be a hard hitting, low scoring night as it took the Flyers top line 38 minutes to connect for the first goal of the game, they were able to again connect for a goal 44 minutes into the game. The Duck’s top unit was able to fend of the shutout, but with only 5 minutes left in the game the Flyers defense was able to close out the contest for the Flyer’s 5th straight win as they took their record from 2-4-0 to 7-4-0.

The addition of Wayne Simmonds to the front line has paid dividends for Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek as the two are on 7 game point streaks; 1G-7A-8P and 7G-2A-9P respectively. Including Simmonds numbers the line is 9-15-24 in those seven games. The recent surge gives Voracek and Giroux 12 points in the first 11 games, as Simmonds, Hartnell, and Couturier are all sitting with a point per game. In a recent interview Jason Akeson had this to say, “I am really lucky to be given the chance to play with the top five guys on this team. You can usually count on one of them to score at any given moment, so it’s just really exciting to be out on the ice because you never know what’s going to happen. I’m just trying my best to keep up with them and keep my stick on the ice.”

Old 02-22-2015, 02:19 AM   #42
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Contract Extensions

The AHL season has kicked off and there are three Phantoms who have already looked strong. Cal Heeter has posted a .950 save percentage over his first four starts, as he led the team to 4 of their 5 wins over their first 7 games. Tye McGinn was able to find his scoring touch again with 2 goals and 5 assists, good for second on the team in points. Alternate Captain Brandon Manning has 3 assists and leads defensemen in takeaways and +/-. The good play, development, and potential of the youngsters has earned them all contract extensions as the Flyers hope they can become NHLers in the coming years.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #43
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Games 12 and 13

The Wells Fargo Center welcomed over 20,000 fans for a Friday night to remember as the fans were treated to two hat-tricks; the first coming from crowd favorite Scott Hartnell who was able to put together the elusive Gordie Howe Hat-trick as he invited young, grinding centre Michael Latta for a bout in the second, then put up a PP goal and assisted on Grossmann's goal in the third. The tough break for the Flyers was that those were the only two goals they found in the game, as Capitals' Captain Alex Ovechkin was able to hit twine three times alone against Steve Mason.

The next morning saw the Flyers take the train to Newark for a match with the Devils. Ray Emery was given his 4th start of the season and played as well as he has any other game, this outing only giving up 3 goals. However, the Flyers could not catch up as they only scored once, another goal by Scott Hartnell. "Hartsy's had a really good weekend," Podein said after the game. "He still has that innate scoring touch that not many players can hold onto into their thirties. I think he will be a good player throughout the rest of his contract."

Despite the glowing review there have been rumors floating that GM Podein might be using the recent hot streak as leverage in moving Hartnell's contract. The contract has 5 more years after this season and will cost $28 million over those 6 years, meaning by the end of it there is a $4.75 cap on a 38 y/o power forward.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:45 AM   #44
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Contract Extension Update

After the game the headline on Flyers.NHL.com was in regards to two new contracts that had been signed over the weekend. Tye McGinn and Brandon Manning both agreed to their extensions, being locked up with the team for a few more years of development. Cal Heeter turned down a 4 year $6M contract and expressed a desire to listen to some offer sheets come free agency. Sources close to the organization say that the two parties are still working on an agreement and that Podein may have tried too hard by pushing for the 4 year contract.

In other news, Erik Gustaffson, who had been in the lineup as the Flyers tried rolling 7 defenseman and 11 forwards over the weekend, was injured in Saturday's game vs. New Jersey. He will miss 3 weeks with a strained hamstring. Derian Hatcher was very short with the media during his presser regarding the development of the team's blue line, "This injury will obviously hurt Erik's development, but he is still a part of our future plans for the defense."
Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #45
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Two losses and a win in one night

Flying down to PNC Arena the Flyers must have been feeling pretty good. The team just had two days of, with only team meetings and light skates as they tried to give their legs a break from the tough back to back that started off a month that sees the Flyers playing 15 games in 30 days. But taking their foot off the gas may have cost the team as they once again handed the Canes their 7th win of the season and 2nd against the Fly Guys. After the game Mason talked to the press saying "I think people really underestimate the Hurricanes. They have a lot of guys with really quick shots, and they will try to score on you from anywhere."

It was a tough loss, but not demoralizing. That came from the news announced the next day when there was one noticeable Flyer missing from the rink. "On the plane back last night Scott turns to me and he asks me if I wanted to come over to his house for a beer," Timonen recounts to Daily News' Frank Seravalli. "It was late so I tried to turn him down. But he gave me this look so I had to go. We ended up just sitting around for a few hours talking about some of the guys we've gotten to know and play with. I'm really going to miss playing with him."

After practice Sean Couturier said "When I first broke into the league as an 18 year old Hartsy played on my wing, along with Reader. We were both rookies, and he was the vet who took us under his wing. But he really went out of his way with me, he knew how hard it was being a teenager in the NHL. He was a class guy, and a great team leader."

The Flyers gave up a that veteran leadership, along with a pair of third round picks, for a 24 year old left winger by the name of Max Pacioretty. "The second game of the season Hartnell put up 5 points in Montreal. I think that game really left an impression with Bergie," Shjon Podein, former teammate of Montreal GM Marc Bergevin's, talks about the trade after practice during a short press conference. "Scott Hartnell was and is a very good hockey player, but he does not fit the mold I want to build this team around. Bringing in Max," signed for 6 seasons at $4.5M, "gives our team a very young and very talented Top Six that can bring us a Cup not only this year but for years to come."

The trade makes sense for the East leading Montreal Canadiens who last season marked their 20 year anniversary since hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup. The team wants to win now, but may have made a costly mistake taking on Hartnell's huge contract.

Max Pacioretty has been assigned the number 23, his jersey number from his days in the AHL. He will join the Flyers Nov. 7th game against the New Jersey Devils, likely skating with Sean Couturier and Jason Akeson on the second line and second PP. Former Lightning Captain, Vinny Lecavalier, has been named as the team's second alternate captain.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #46
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Hartnell's Stats

Over his 13 year NHL career Scott Hartnell has played for two teams, the Nashville Predators and Philadelphia Flyers. He joined the Flyers organization in the summer of 2007 when his rights, along with Kimmo Timonen's, were traded to the Flyers for Peter Forsberg. In his career Hartnell has played 889 games and is sitting on the cusp of his 500th NHL career point (237-262-499). The majority of those points (144-176-320) came from Hartnell's 453 games with the Flyers.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:45 AM   #47
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Moving On...

Dear Readers,

I was playing around with some saves the other day and without realizing I deleted my dynasty save of the Flyers. I was pretty upset when I realized I lost all that I've been working on, and felt even worse about letting down anyone who has been enjoying my dynasty so far. With that being said, I've been kicking around a few more ideas in my head about what I could do for future dynasties and there has been one idea that I haven't been able to shake for a few weeks now. Maybe the delete was a sign from the Hockey Gods that I needed to move onto my next project.

So I will regrettably be giving up on this dynasty (for now... FHM2) and am very excited to announce Three On Five: the story of three bantam hockey players from the west coast of British Columbia to the east side of Quebec and the Ontario-Manitoba boarder lake towns, who are all trying to make names for themselves as they grow up under the harsh spotlight of Canada's pastime.

CLICK BELOW
BeanSobie is offline   Reply With Quote