Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #181
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtimmins View Post
I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but I started a fictional league, and $8,028,889 of my budget is being taken up by nothing?

Some teams have $6mil, some $8 and most have $0 being taken up, so they have their full budget.

I don't have a single person on my roster as I haven't done the initial draft yet.
Yeah, something is definitely off in the starting financials in the fictional leagues. My suspicion is something's being copied over from a real NHL team, since that's the base of the fictional leagues, so we'll start checking from there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #182
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Underage player being signed by an NHL team and then assigned to the AHL

Player is 19 years old at start of my QMJHL season (2014), birth day is April 20, 1995 thus had one more year of Junior eligibility. Under current rules that player has to either play in the NHL or be returned to Junior. They cannot be assigned to the AHL/ECHL/CHL etc
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #183
williambc
Bat Boy

The Bug Report Thread

My game keeps crashing!! I can't get past November 2. I've tried all of the "play" options and none work. I've crashed 10+ times and have now given up I've been playing a pretty typical game, current NHL, only a couple trades, no editing. Not in commissioner mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
williambc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #184
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Bigger issue is I've set AI control for my team for everything but transactions, intiate how to react to trades, and draft players but as the GM of the leafs the AI just traded Kadri and Bernier in two separate trades to the New York Islanders for a couple draft picks! It could be because i'm over the cap prior to my first nhl game, but still if I have those settings I want the game to tell me to make cap space room, not to make on for me.
Yeah, that sounds like the over-cap AI kicking in when it shouldn't. I'll check with the guys about what team control setting tells the AI not to do that right now, but my guess would be "Roster Moves."
Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #185
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotstreak View Post
Not sure if this is really a bug per se, but the first thing I did in 1.03 was try to extend Subban. He wanted a 5 yr contract at 7.1 per and I offered a 8 yr contract at 6.5 per. A few days later he responds by saying that he's not interested in furhter negotiations and will wait for offer sheets.

It's fair that he rejects it, but I hardly think his reaction is realistic.
Not a bug, it's more of an OOTP holdover that I don't really like, either. Negotiations break off way too soon. We'll be working on the free agent systems for the next patch, I'll try to get that type of thing toned down considerably.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #186
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafarfloune View Post
On Mac (10.8.4, installed in French). Fresh Install of build 3. (tried with build 0 too, same thing.) Most news show as "#error: category not found". What am I missing?

Works fine on Windows, but my roommate borrowed my Windows CPU for the day.
Sounds like the english.xml file is missing or not being read. I'll ask Sebastian about it in the morning, the fact that your OS is set to French may be a clue as to what's going on (although I seem to remember from screenshots he's sent me that the system he uses for Mac development and testing is in German, so he would've noticed if that was keeping that language file from being read.)
Old 09-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #187
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilvermtzion View Post
1.0.3, mac

shutouts are recorded in the individual player's stats, but not on the league leader board.
Actually, they are, but the leaders are sorting alphabetically instead of by shutouts. We'll get that fixed.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #188
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyll View Post
1.0.3 - I get a CTD when I try to play the first game in my historical game.

Also teams doesn't care about draft picks, so you could acquire every draft pick without giving up anything of value.
Need a few more details about the circumstances of the crash, please - year and team, at least, and are you trying to watch the game or just sim past it?

The draft picks look like a possible issue with the way their value is being calculated in historical games - normally, the game looks at the value of all the players in the upcoming draft to determine how much picks are worth (so, for example, middle-rounders are worth more in a deep draft), but I think something is going wrong because the draft timing is different in historical.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #189
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLee View Post
This is the second time I have seen this. A penalty the never ends.
We got rid of one instance of this happening, but it looks like it wasn't the only one. It'll be near the top of Sebastian's list tomorrow, cases of this are apparently difficult to track down but we need to get them all.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #190
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Underage player being signed by an NHL team and then assigned to the AHL

Player is 19 years old at start of my QMJHL season (2014), birth day is April 20, 1995 thus had one more year of Junior eligibility. Under current rules that player has to either play in the NHL or be returned to Junior. They cannot be assigned to the AHL/ECHL/CHL etc
Yeah, the NHL-CHL agreement is supposed to be enforced, but it doesn't look like it is, something must've been broken during other changes. We'll check on it.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #191
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by williambc View Post
My game keeps crashing!! I can't get past November 2. I've tried all of the "play" options and none work. I've crashed 10+ times and have now given up I've been playing a pretty typical game, current NHL, only a couple trades, no editing. Not in commissioner mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Can you upload that save for us to look at? There's a link to the instructions for doing so in the first post.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #192
phillipsj89
Bat Boy

offered a trade to the oil kings, I guess they didnt't like it. They won't stop emailing me.

phillipsj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #193
Retteri
Bat Boy

I hate to say this, but there seems to be some problems with trading in historical mode. Before the 1950 draft trading worked well, but after that it crashes every time when I try to make offer from a player.

Once it worked when I set team control to assistant and I simulated to next year and then the trade window opened properly.

I don't use commissioner mode and everything else was checked without "hold expansion draft" before I started. Starting year was 1947.

Last edited by Retteri; 09-08-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Retteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #194
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

I finally decided to actually manage myself instead of simming, and of course the game crashed after the first season. It's really frustrating since I spent several hours on the season, and my save game is dead (again) kinda eats all the fun.

Anyway, I've uploaded my save game on your FTP server under the name of "PromisedPain - Crash June 30, 2014"
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #195
Doctamike
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is this a new game or a 1.0 save, and what mode are you playing in, regular or historical? And did you initiate the trade by right-clicking on a player on another team's roster, using the action box on a player screen, or using "Trade Player" from the menu? Finally, was this mid-season, or at the start of the year? It doesn't seem to happen when I start a regular game with the Rangers.

Montreal has the lowest team ID number in the database, so if something goes wrong with the team ID's in a menu, it'll frequently default to them. But we need a little more info to narrow down exactly what's happening, since it doesn't seem to occur all the time.
I'm having the same issue. This is a 1.0 save in regular mode. I'm playing as the Blues and the trade screen says I'm the Predators. This started happening at the start of the season, and occurs no matter how I access the trade screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Doctamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #196
onyewu
Minors (Double A)

Hey...has anyone noticed you can type what you want in the play-by-play box while the game is going on!?!? I had some fun with it, but I presume it should be "read-only"....no big deal, but just an FYI
onyewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #197
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yeah, the NHL-CHL agreement is supposed to be enforced, but it doesn't look like it is, something must've been broken during other changes. We'll check on it.
It took some doing to figure out how to get the CHL Import draft to work as well ... going to the league Event Item menu simply brought me to the finished entry draft ... I'll have to wait till season end to explain how I had to get into the import draft

Speaking of import draft ... it would seem it's impossible to sign players from over seas to CHL contracts ... there's no option to offer them one
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #198
Jamesrph13
Bat Boy

Mac issues

Have two main issues... When you try to load a QuickStart I get an invalid database error (have the build 3 version).....secondly cannot add team logos etc to the database folder..doesn't how up in game ...
Jamesrph13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #199
thehip
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This was my setup:
Coaching: Boston Bruins
Playable Leagues: North American Leagues (including Canadian Juniors)
Commisioner mode: off

I have tried to conduct the draft many times and I have had no luck, a crash each time. Any other information I can provide to help fix?

Quote:
I can't get this to repeat. What league setup were you using - all of them set to playable, or just certain ones? Were you controlling a team or unemployed, was commissioner mode on or off, and if it was on, had you made any edits?
thehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #200
lwing37
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exclamation Game crashes during Auto-Play

I have updated to 1.03 and every time I try to auto-play whether it be Finish Today or to a specific date, my game crashes.
lwing37 is offline   Reply With Quote