Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 12-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Vince148
Bat Boy

schedule making basics

I have a project that I will be starting in April. Previously, I just imported actual schedules. However, this season, I'm using a different league structure format which will result in me having to come up with a custom schedule.

The basics will be 6 teams AL, 6 NL. Each team will play 12H/12A against teams in their own league; and 6H/6A against teams in the other league for a total of 156 games.

I've been trying to find info about creating a schedule and came across a blog by GMO which led me to here. It seems that his blog was never completed and apparently, from what I'm reading here, he has gone AWOL.

I'm not looking for anyone to make a schedule for me, but I would certainly appreciate whatever info anyone can give to help me.

I can break my schedule down really easy into 3 game blocks, but I don't want to do that for realism and variety purposes. I want some 2 and 4 game series.

Another thing that I want is to not have schedules be mono. IOW, when 1 plays 2, I don't want to see 3v4 and 5v6 each time, but one time it might be 1v2, 3v4, 5v6; then another week where 1v2, 3v5, 4v6.

Any info I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. How long does it usually take to do a manual schedule?

Last edited by Vince148; 12-03-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Vince148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I found a schedule for the 120 games part. Now all you have to do is insert your interleague games. You could create a gap after game 44 (just for example) renumber all the games below that by 10 and insert your interleague games for days 45 thru 54. You need to find 36 days for interleague, you may want 4 gaps of 9 days each (or 10 days to throw in some off days).

After that, you need to change the header line to:
<SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G156_SL1_D1_T6_SL2_D1_T6_C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="156" start_month="4" start_day="8" start_day_of_week="2" allstar_game_day="73">

You may want the allstar game played later than 73.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGY_G120_SL1D1T6SL2D1T6_C_T12-L120.lsdl (35.2 KB, 91 views)

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince148 View Post

The basics will be 6 teams AL, 6 NL. Each team will play 12H/12A against teams in their own league; and 6H/6A against teams in the other league for a total of 156 games.

P.S. How long does it usually take to do a manual schedule?
Wait a minute,, that's 192 games! Maybe you meant 3H/3A against the other league!

It takes a long time, but after awhile once you "get it" it's satisfying like solving a difficult logic puzzle.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
This is from GMO something i found...I believe this is on his blog.

Making Baseball Schedules
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Vince148
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Wait a minute,, that's 192 games! Maybe you meant 3H/3A against the other league!

It takes a long time, but after awhile once you "get it" it's satisfying like solving a difficult logic puzzle.
You're right. I just mistyped it. It is 3H/3A. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
Vince148
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
This is from GMO something i found...I believe this is on his blog.

Making Baseball Schedules
Yeah, that's what led me here.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I can offer a small thought. First is that the name of the file is critical. It must match the structure you see in all GMO's files 9and in the list of schedules contained in the game. I think GMO's blog details the parameters, but I had a typo once the game couldn't read the schedule.

Second, I use excel to build the schedule and create a text field which I then put in xml format using notepad. It takes a little prep to get excel set up for each day of the season, but the advantage is that it can compute games played for each opp home and away. So much easier in finding errors. You can also use it to create blocks of schedules and then expand copy and paste the blocks.

I don't do many schedules, but I seem to recall doing the template in a few hours and then building the schedule in an hour or so, but it has been awhile.

That's my technique anyway for what its worth.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Kirby Paquette
Major Leagues

Baseball Schedule Document

This is the Excel sheet I have come up with to make my 36 teams schedules with Interleague posted elsewhere. I started with the incomplete GMO's blog. To produce this document, it took me hundreds of hours... so I have trashed many excel documents that were only tries and errors. After all the set up, I end up with a simple column that I have copy paste into a GMO schedule. It is important to respect the way it is written. I saved the document specifying ".lsdl" extension.

It is also important to specify how you want your schedule. In GMO schedule you have this line: type="ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T6_D2_T6_D3_T6_SL2_D1_T6 _D2_T6_D3_T6_C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="162" start_month="3" start_day="28" start_day_of_week="5" allstar_game_day="97">

Which means, in my case ILY= InterLeague, YES
BGN= Balance Games, NO
I don't know about the C at the end.
I have spread my Schedule on 27 weeks. GMO were 26 weeks. My schedule start in the middle of the firs week, on a Wednesday: start_month="3" start_day="28" start_day_of_week="5"
If you want yours different, you have to modify this line the way you want. It took me a while to figure that out.

What was harder was to find a way to aligned the games (the 2, 3, 4 games series) that need to be played. It took me hundreds of tries to have something that met my criteria. It was never perfect But I have finally find something that will met my needs.

I hope this will help you.
Kirby Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Kirby Paquette
Major Leagues

Oops

Sorry I can't upload it it is to big...
Old 12-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
Kirby Paquette
Major Leagues

Here it is... finally

I broke the document in 4 parts. Here they are. I really hope this would help you.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 1. All the games.xls (81.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: xls 2. Game assembly.xls (499.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: xls 3. Scedule to be transfered.xls (140.0 KB, 112 views)
File Type: xls 4. Final set up.xls (702.0 KB, 116 views)
Old 12-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
Vince148
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Paquette View Post
I broke the document in 4 parts. Here they are. I really hope this would help you.
Thanks for the info. Great.