Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #41
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Furthermore it's probably worth noting that in that league the Commish does not own a team. How many of your leagues have that feature? Why does he have that feature? To maintain a fair playing field for ALL owners in a FREE league.

So please coming here and speaking of YOUR time being WASTED simply because you can't take a few minutes to unzip some files? I hope every commish sees this and realizes that it's better to have a vacant franchise than "waste your time."
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
carlsson342003
Bat Boy

Maybe your taking things a bit to seriously, it's an online baseball league. If the people in the league enjoy it then leave it at that. I do enjoy a little "Tyranny of the Majority" once in awhile.
carlsson342003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #43
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Sorry folks, but I'm trying to figure out what teams are open. Are the teams listed in the OP the latest? It was updated yesterday.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #44
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Yes, the original post lists the currently open teams. Quebec, Seattle, Haddonfield, Denver.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #45
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
Sorry folks, but I'm trying to figure out what teams are open. Are the teams listed in the OP the latest? It was updated yesterday.
I am a new member and its a great league. I highly recommend that you join up soon before all the teams are taken. I just joined as Oklahoma. Timing is everything

Good luck with your team choice!

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #46
the_32_pitch
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coljesep View Post
So... I am NOT a member of the BSA (coughvbl6) but I can tell you pitch32, that you were clearly the problem and not the league or the commish.

As a commish of another league, I know that when you bring in a new owner no matter what the first tasks are, they may seem overwhelming. You apparently choose to take frustration out in front of every owner and demean the commish and his league within a short period of time after joining the league?

What could possibly come from that other than a flame war like this? If a league isn't for you, you respectfully step away... you don't bash the league and it's commish simply because YOU cannot figure something out.

When it comes down to it, as a non member, I can tell you that you couldn't be more wrong about the setup of the league and the commish's competency.

I would suspect that when you were removed, the league had a big sigh of relief because if you can't figure out how to unzip a settings file without turning into the hulk, then how would you have handled it when they all took your team to the woodshed?

Have a great day though, hopefully nobody asks you to use any tricky programs like I dunno, winzip?
I've got university level experience with computer science. I have experience teaching university level computer science courses. Nothing is "overwhelming" about installing files I've done 4 times in the last week successfully and easily in other leagues and have been doing in OOTP for over 8 years now. I've also commished a league. So nothing whatsoever is overwhelming about this. It takes 5 minutes at the very most.

I left a simple message to his list criticizing his settings.zip file and he couldn't handle that. It's clear hes insecure and has little confidence about his ability to run this league properly.

It's rude to waste my time. I'm an excellent GM that exports regularly, is active on the forums, and meticulous about his minor leagues and every other detail of his team. I never miss an export. I'm an asset to any league. I thought I'd help this league out by GM'ing its most atrocious team Seattle.

Last edited by the_32_pitch; 10-24-2011 at 06:08 PM.
the_32_pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #47
the_32_pitch
Banned

Here is what he has everyone unzipping into their settings folder. Give me a break here. This is madness. I'm not putting that in there. It was restoring the database and prompting my firewall. In 8 years of playing OOTP I've never seen anything like it. This isn't an intelligent solution. It's an utter mess. When in doubt just chuck everything in to a zip file? I mean give me a break. If a guy has problems we'll just chuck everything into a zip file and pray it works? Come on guys. This is ridiculous.

Check it out for yourself. Download the file and take a look at it. Here is what hes instructing new GM's to do:

'In the BSA.lg directory, there should be a folder called settings.

Download the file
http://www.thebaseballstars.org/LeagueFile/settings.zip and extract
the contents into the settings folder. This archive contains the data
you need to download the league file through the game itself or to
upload your exports."

Last edited by the_32_pitch; 10-24-2011 at 06:04 PM.
the_32_pitch is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #48
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Mr. 32_pitch: you've said everything in your latest posts several times already. Those of us who are considering this league get your point. The only thing your continued ranting does, for me anyway, is increase my interest in joining. So do everyone a favor and move on.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #49
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

You stated you were in the league for 1 hour ? Yet the commish was obnoxious and numerous emails were sent, heck it sometimes takes me a hour to put my trousers on the morning after a night on the beer

No disrespect to anybody I neither know you or anybody in this league but Mr Pitch your coming over like the idiot in all this, time to let go if I was you.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #50
TC Dale
Global Moderator

This discussion has went its way, I recommend that if you dont want to agree to disagree on how the league runs it's competition, you have stated your point, now allow this league to go on. Sometimes folks play the game differently.

What works for some, doesn't work for all. Chalk it up to different viewpoints, and let it go. If the arguments continue, I will have to look at warning and editing.

Thanks. Good luck to all participants, and have a good day.
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #51
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
Mr. 32_pitch: you've said everything in your latest posts several times already. Those of us who are considering this league get your point. The only thing your continued ranting does, for me anyway, is increase my interest in joining. So do everyone a favor and move on.
Hey Buddy;
What team did you get?
I am looking to make some moves before the trade deadline so let me know.
Jason
Old 10-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #52
camden
Banned

This looks like an improper league so I can see why the_32_pitch is passionate against this league. There are teams like the "Jersey D-Bags", "New Orleans Looters", "Henderson Hitmen", "Haddonfield Hackers" and even an "Orlando Calrissian". It's obviously a little weird and a little absurd.

No sane, proper mind wants to look at the "Jersey D-Bags" like that every time they log on. Thats sick. The first thing I do when I research a new league is look at the names. And if the league is full of sick names like that then I know it's a perverted league. It's not wholesome. There are too many vicious, unprofessional types judging from the names theyre using. I don't want to be in a league full of violent types that believe themselves to be hitmen, looters, hackers, and "D-bags". It's vulgarity that I am better off without.

Last edited by camden; 10-29-2011 at 03:08 AM.
camden is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #53
USF
All Star Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by camden View Post
This looks like an improper league so I can see why the_32_pitch is passionate against this league. There are teams like the "Jersey D-Bags", "New Orleans Looters", "Henderson Hitmen", "Haddonfield Hackers" and even an "Orlando Calrissian". It's obviously a little weird and a little absurd.

No sane, proper mind wants to look at the "Jersey D-Bags" like that every time they log on. Thats sick. The first thing I do when I research a new league is look at the names. And if the league is full of sick names like that then I know it's a perverted league. It's not wholesome. There are too many vicious, unprofessional types judging from the names theyre using. I don't want to be in a league full of violent types that believe themselves to be hitmen, looters, hackers, and "D-bags". It's vulgarity that I am better off without.
Never judget a book by its cover... All the guys I have dealt with in this league are cool. It is a fictual league, did you ever look at the names that the computer generates? Some of them are crazy... It is a well organized league that does league activities on time with tons of communication (Podcast, Blogger, Twitter, Mailing List) and lots of transations/activity Everyone has a right to their own opinion but, to judge the league by the names of the teams seems a bit shallow IMHO...

Jason

Last edited by USF; 10-29-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #54
ernblank
Bat Boy

Quote:

It's funny how this "camden" guy is a new person replying to this thread. Yet the guy who was removed from the league was named Blake Camden, who it so seems is the 32 pitch guy. Weird??? I think not... Clown
ernblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #55
rangers85
All Star Reserve

Location: Fort Worth, TX...home of the mighty TCU Horned Frogs
Smile

Quote:

Camden is your user name? That sounds familiar. Maybe becausE the_32_pitch's name is Blake Camden. What's the matter, did you not get the agreement you wanted so you created another username to agree with yourself? I thought you said you were done responding to this thread?
rangers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #56
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

Quote:

WOW! Seriously, mr Blake Camden this is how you are spending your "precious" time? 5 days after an Admin comes in and tells you enough you creat a new identity and come straight back to this thread to try and slander the league even more.
shall we share your vulgar, cuss filled emails you sent our commish? you are something special you know that.

All future commissioners please be aware of this one Blake Camden aka "the_32_pitch" and "Camden". As you can see from his post in this thread he is "special". Let him in your league at your own risk!
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #57
Tony M
Global Moderator

Wow, that's the least subtle sockpuppetry I've seen for a while...

Any further sockpuppetry will be dealt with in the same way that camden and the_32_pitch have been dealt with.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #58
Paterson
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
Wow, that's the least subtle sockpuppetry I've seen for a while...

Any further sockpuppetry will be dealt with in the same way that camden and the_32_pitch have been dealt with.
...But what happens if Mankind/Mick Foley and Socko decide to join the conversation?
Paterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #59
coljesep
All Star Reserve

I predict the next negative reply to this thread will be by a new member named "blake."

Just a shot in the dark though
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #60
Münchhausen
Bat Boy

Hi, i'm new to the game but would like to join an online league anyway!
You can contact me under arno.78@hotmail.de.

Have fun,

Arno
Münchhausen is offline   Reply With Quote