Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #41
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Assuming that justafan does the conversion, then yes. The patch won't make these files work as they are, someone still needs to perform the import into an OOTP10 league, then post the 'parks.dat' file for others to share...
thanks
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #42
SteveP

As a beta testing, I've been working with the ballpark export/import feature for several days now. I now have over 30 ballparks (with an emphasis on those which have both day/night photos) with individual ballpark files that I can import into any league that I might create. The feature seems to work perfectly.

Based on that, here's some food for thought for modders. Along with packaging a set of photos with a park.dat file, consider packaging them with individual ballpark files as well. The park.dat file really only works well when the league organization is precisely what the park.dat file is designed for. But that isn't always the case. With the individual ballpark files, the gamer can easily import ballparks, as he needs them, into a game he's already created, and can easily mix-and-match ballparks created by different modders.

Another food-for-thought issue: with the advent of widgets, gamers are viewing ballparks in different configurations. For example, the ballpark in the field widget is shaped differently than the one on the broadcast window. This is not a problem for ball locations, but can be a problem for player name box location. It's a good idea to anticipate the possibility that a downloader may be viewing your ballpark in a different sized widget than the one you designed for -- and may not understand why it doesn't look "right."
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #43
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Thanks for the update Steve. I love the idea of being able to distribute individual ballpark files!! Much better than the original method.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #44
SaintGeorge67
Bat Boy

Probably a silly question sorry, but if I've downloaded the MLB team logos is there a way to update them all without having to go and edit each team one by one?

Thanks.
SaintGeorge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #45
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

So, are we actually expecting this ballpark import/export feature to be in the first OOTPX patch? I, for one, would LOVE to see it implemented. I'd also really like to be able to delete ballparks, since creating a league with a lot of teams results in a list of ballparks that's way too big. I like to have all my feeder teams play in the same park for simplicity, but I still have over a hundred ballparks I'll never use clogging the list.
jwinbigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #46
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinbigler View Post
So, are we actually expecting this ballpark import/export feature to be in the first OOTPX patch? I, for one, would LOVE to see it implemented. I'd also really like to be able to delete ballparks, since creating a league with a lot of teams results in a list of ballparks that's way too big. I like to have all my feeder teams play in the same park for simplicity, but I still have over a hundred ballparks I'll never use clogging the list.
Yes
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #47
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

nevermind.

Last edited by yoyoma; 06-21-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #48
PadresFan
All Star Starter

[reposted from the other ballpark thread]

I know that some folks are waiting for me to update my ballpark mod for OOTP 10, and now that the patch is out, I've gotten started. It will include the best photo available (some from this thread), all the correct weather, dimensions & attendance figures, all the ball flight locations set properly for the photo, and the most current ballpark effects data I can find.

I'm going to be away from my PC for the next week however, as I take a vacation with my family. I'd expect this mod to be done in the next 2 weeks or so.

In the meantime, if anyone is impatient, I'd ask that you go ahead and give this mod a shot yourself. You can get all the best photos from this thread and my website. OOTP makes it VERY easy to create custom ballparks now, and there is nothing special about what I do to make this mod. Just time.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #49
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I thought you were posting it was finished.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #50
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I thought you were posting it was finished.
Can you hear him, Padres? Sounded like this to me...
Attached Images
Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Can you hear him, Padres? Sounded like this to me...
lmao
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #52
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Old 06-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #53
Papi
All Star Starter

I seem to be having some problems getting this to work. I have downloaded and installed the mod, just like I did with OOTP9, but unlike OOTP9, nothing happens. I know I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any tips?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #54
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
I seem to be having some problems getting this to work. I have downloaded and installed the mod, just like I did with OOTP9, but unlike OOTP9, nothing happens. I know I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any tips?
If you are talking about the stadium mod, the .dat file needs to be redone for the mod to totally work. I think it should be done in a couple of weeks or maybe sooner.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #55
phillosopherp
All Star Reserve

so is everything done on this now? IE do the ballparks work.

NM just saw the other thread GJ Padres
phillosopherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #56
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the update Steve. I love the idea of being able to distribute individual ballpark files!! Much better than the original method.
How do you guys do this ????

The major idea is of course to create many of the old ballparks in the same way...
A huge thing for Dynasties (after the import of pitches have been fixed)
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #57
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
How do you guys do this ????

The major idea is of course to create many of the old ballparks in the same way...
A huge thing for Dynasties (after the import of pitches have been fixed)
How? Easy really, just takes a good stadium photo, some research on the ballpark and time. All the tools are built into the program for anyone to use.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #58
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
How? Easy really, just takes a good stadium photo, some research on the ballpark and time. All the tools are built into the program for anyone to use.
So adding an old ballpark to any started game and edit.
Then I can save only that stadium in a separate xxx.prk file not like in previous version in the common park.dat file.

It was the new prk-file that I didn´t understand about.
How I could work on a stadium on it´s own. Not a whole "set" of stadiums.

I give it a go, if I understood correctly
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #59
PadresFan
All Star Starter

You understand correctly. This was functionality that Markus added with the latest patch.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #60
deejqu1k
Minors (Single A)

How to Install!?

I just switched from a PC to Mac. I dont understand how to install; logos, player pictures, stadium logos and how to install the delegation system quick start league. Please help! Or Direct me where to find this info.
deejqu1k is offline   Reply With Quote