Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

3214 - Deleted Teams Still Seen By Database

Release build, PC, not sure if duplicateable, but cannot move on in league without a resolution.

Scenario: When I originally created the league, I accidentally created an odd number of teams. The game reminded me of this, and I duly went into the league setup menu and deleted one of the teams (maybe more - I can't remember). I re-aligned some divisions, and pressed on.

Well...along comes Opening Day. Now the game is telling me that Haiti (the, or one of the erased teams) has an illegal number of players. Problem is...Haiti doesn't exist anywhere that is visible within my universe.

This is a BIG, BIG problem, seeing as this is a possible situation, and that I cannot proceed in the game AT ALL, until the issue is resolved.

I'm all ears for solutions.

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

I'm seeing now that part of the problem is that the game is still scheduling deleted teams in the schedule generator.

I suspect that this means that the schedule was generated prior to the deletion of the teams.

If this IS the case, there needs to be either an auto-reschedule after deletion, or at the very least, a prompt to manually create a new schedule.

Meanwhile, I'm still all ears for solutions.

This could be a problem for online leagues that contract, as well.

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
Old 03-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

And a trola...

THIS is a reason to create an option to disable autosave upon exit of the game.

I'm assuming my league is now hosed. If it is, I am not going to be happy at all after numerous hours I've poured into my creation.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

You could kill the OOTP process via the Task Manager...it's kind of ugly, but it will work around the auto-save at close thing.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
You could kill the OOTP process via the Task Manager...it's kind of ugly, but it will work around the auto-save at close thing.
Yeah, I kept the game open all night so I could do this. I was hoping for a workaround, since I'm going to lose quite few transactions. Still better than losing the whole league, up to this point, though.

Thanks, Jaffe. I appreciate the good faith response.

I was hot last night when I posted this. I've calmed down, but this still needs to be addressed, especially before online leagues get 'hold of it.

This is very poor software design when it comes to thinking an option through. This is the first time I've been truly disappointed in OOTP this year.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

i dont know if it has been logged, but i remember some recent discussion about a warning message to recreate the schedule after you make league structure changes.

i'll report back soon....

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
jnshmoo
All Star Starter

I thought that the reason why the game won't let you have an odd number of teams is because it doesn't know how to write a schedule for them?

jnshmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnshmoo View Post
I thought that the reason why the game won't let you have an odd number of teams is because it doesn't know how to write a schedule for them?
Yes. Interestingly, it was reported by one user during beta that the odd number of teams no longer caused the game to crash when generating a schedule (which was the problem in earlier versions).
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros View Post
i dont know if it has been logged, but i remember some recent discussion about a warning message to recreate the schedule after you make league structure changes.

i'll report back soon....
sorry, eric, i'll have to check this out tonight after work.

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
sorry, eric, i'll have to check this out tonight after work.
It's cool. I definitely want Markus, et al, to look at this one real hard, though.

Thanks for seeing what's up, Rob.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

ok, it appears there have been previous issues with generating a new schedule that have been fixed, but i couldnt find this one specifically, so i logged it.

TT# 3214

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 03-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ok, it appears there have been previous issues with generating a new schedule that have been fixed, but i couldnt find this one specifically, so i logged it.

TT# 3214
Thanks!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #13
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

After poking around, it seems that I deleted two teams, which might explain why the schedule had already been created.

Hope this helps. On a related topic, can we import schedules anytime? If so, awesome! If not, I've lost my whole league, since you can't generate a fresh schedule between ST and the regular season.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage View Post
On a related topic, can we import schedules anytime? If so, awesome! If not, I've lost my whole league, since you can't generate a fresh schedule between ST and the regular season.
To update...you cannot import a schedule after ST. So...there goes hours upon hours of my league play.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to put this game down for awhile...

Old 03-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #15
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

TT# 3214
this has been claimed fixed. i'll report back once we get a new build.

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this has been claimed fixed. i'll report back once we get a new build.
That's fantastic news!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #17
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This was claimed fixed in the first patch. If you continue to have trouble with this issue, please contact a moderator to reopen this thread.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #18
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

In patch one, the game neither actively prompts you to create a new schedule once you delete a team or automatically recreates the schedule for you. I have regressed this issue and sent it back to the coders for review.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #19
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
In patch one, the game neither actively prompts you to create a new schedule once you delete a team or automatically recreates the schedule for you. I have regressed this issue and sent it back to the coders for review.
Thanks for keeping on it, Nutlaw!