Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #2421
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Unusual big award

Joey Jay scored 2500 PP for a "hi-def inning," because he struck out four batters, when one one reached first on a wild pitch/K. Of course, we lost the game.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #2422
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Can't make the playoffs if you can't beat the teams ahead of you. 5-13 against the two current wildcard holders isn't going to get it done. Looking more and more like we're back to that middling irrelevance that I can't stand. Also, Steve Howe sucks. Don't buy him. Ever.

Drink up, this is gonna be a long summer. Bar's open.
I told my kiddo that it is time to replace Steve Howe (he made it to Perfect league with his defensive oriented team).

He asked me why...and then showed me his 2.31 ERA and 0.90 WHIP for Steve Howe.
He had a 2.29 ERA in Diamond (with 0.92 WHIP) and 2.93ERA in Gold (0.94 WHIP).
I wish I could get this from him.

The defensive park does wonders for lower level pitchers that keep the HRs and Walks in check. I won't even mention Garber or Borbon because the stats on his team are ridiculous for a team in Perfect league.
Granted he got lucky with his league seeding.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #2423
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Standings for D373

I realize that I still had an old table, so I pasted the previously posted numbers in. By the way, any OL stats for P415?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 06-14-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:27 PM   #2424
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Hey, Stanley, one of my teams got a hi-def inning this week, too!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:41 PM   #2425
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

[QUOTE=Stanley Kuppchaser;4501778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I'm with you Magus. I have trouble "sticking it out" with someone longer than 2 or 3 seasons just because others had success with them. 2 or 3 seasons is no longer a small sample. If they can't play for 3 seasons at a low-ish level in the game they're not going to miraculously get better at higher levels.

And the Patriots have a strong chance for that wild card. Don't give up yet. I've seen you have some good 10-game runs. If you go 8-2 again you're right back in it.[/QUOT

I, on the other hand, seem to have an overabundance of patience. This made me curious enough to take a run through the Terra Incognita roster with these results:

c - Fisk, 5 years, Pagnozzi - 10
1b - Bagwell 12, Hrbek - 8
2b - Loretta - 12 (starter pack)
3b - Hojo - 5, Matt Williams - 11
ss - Tejada - 8 (+2 in minors during my fling with Kuenn), Marion - 11
lf - Foster 11, Frank Howard - 11
cf - Mays - 11
rf - Kaline - 8, Hooper - 11
sp - Derringer - 3, Singer - 5, Viola -6, Rijo - 10, Daal - 7
rp - Kerry Wood - 8, Matlack - 9, Jay - 8, Lahti - 9 (+2 in minors), Lolich - 7, Swan - 5

The pitchers have been swapped between the rotation and the bullpen along the way. My minor league (reserves) have 16 players, all of whom have at least 4 seasons in the bigs, except Gus Bell, who has two. Guess I'm a little slow on the trigger.
Nothing wrong with that. Just a different management style is all.
I had to increase my patience to make it a year or two with players. When I started in 19 if they didn't perform in the first 25-40 games I cashed out. My reasoning was "an entire quarter of a season and they can't play in iron league? Adios muchachos"

Now I start feeling that way after a season or 2.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #2426
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I have a hard time replacing my relievers. Whenever I start looking for a replacement, I can't find one that is demonstrably better than what I have (at least for the price I'm willing to pay!). As a result, most of my relievers have been with the team from the beginning, which was 2019:

The only guy who's been replaced recently was I think Terry Leach or Jeff Reardon, when Meyers came in.

Donovan: 2021-2030
Borbon: 2019-2030
R Hernandez: 2020-2030
Howe 2021-2030
Jenks: 2020-2030
R Myers: 2027-2030 (got from a Challenge pack)
Regan: 2021-2030
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #2427
revmcgator
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=Findest2001;4501814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Just a different management style is all.
I had to increase my patience to make it a year or two with players. When I started in 19 if they didn't perform in the first 25-40 games I cashed out. My reasoning was "an entire quarter of a season and they can't play in iron league? Adios muchachos"

Now I start feeling that way after a season or 2.
The way the game engine seems to work for me is up-and-down...one year up, next year down. Or one month up, next month down. No player is consistently reliable for me, though many are consistently unreliable.

Even the Great Walter Johnson will have a "down" season. This year he started 1-3, 5.35 ERA. Currently, he's dropped his last 3 of 4 decisions.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #2428
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I always set sac bunting as low as possible. Sacrifice bunting is evil!

Interesting thoughts on strategy though. My team is surprisingly slow for being so good at defense. That surprises me.
This is one thing that bugs me especially for an outfielder. You can have 100 outfield range with 11 speed like wth? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Well, yeah it depends what kind of hitters park it is. The Vikings prioritize MOV as #1 and STU #2, as the park favours both HR and AVG. Cowboys prioritize STU as #1 as the park favours only AVG. My thinking is I don't want the ball in play. Also, I like power pitchers and I think they're fun... they're half-decent for achievements too.
STU is king for achievements, as most pitcher's achievements are K-based, aside from the full-game achivements like Throw a Maddux(which depends more than the pitcher himself IMO). In my PP experimental team, I just slot all high STU pitchers and go to town. A lot of Paint the Corner and 1-2-3, You're Out. CON/MOV usually gives me no achievement for a season, especially the relievers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
The Arkham Horrors Present: How to Lose at PT Without Really Trying

1) Forget to reset to a 5-man rotation after the last postseason
2) There is no step 2

I didn't notice until just before the All-Star Break...
Darn, 4-man rotation and they are still a solid contender. The playoffs really screw them out of promotion because that team should be above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Sucked for me. Sounds about right though. Everyone who sucks for me is great for everyone else
Try the reverse. Get players that everyone complaint about and say they are bad, and maybe they will smash everyone for you. Those cards are probably very cheap too cuz no one want them, so if you really do possess magic, you can have a cheap and strong team that shut every doubters up.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #2429
Magus978
All Star Starter

Stop, Patriots....just stop. I went to sleep under .500 and I wake up to see we're back at .500

What's almost as bad as stagnancy is the feeling that your team can get back to .500 but won't go too much further past it knowing it just doesn't have it in them. They decided they want to be irrelevant down the stretch, but there's no need to taunt me by lingering around the break-even mark.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #2430
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Try the reverse. Get players that everyone complaint about and say they are bad, and maybe they will smash everyone for you. Those cards are probably very cheap too cuz no one want them, so if you really do possess magic, you can have a cheap and strong team that shut every doubters up.
I think I've tried this to some degree with several players spread along several teams. Mostly no dice. Kevin McReynolds has been a huge flop in Iron, but a similar hitter with more power in Bo Jackson is killing it for my 80's team.

Jerry Reuss (everyone loves) having his struggles with my main, but you rarely ever hear of Luis Castillo (nobody loves) being a great value player and until this season was one of my better players.

Last edited by Magus978; 06-14-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #2431
KWhit
Major Leagues

I finally have my team ready for this. I have purged all Live and Future players. My team is the Cigar City lagers in the Perfect league. Manager name is CigarsandBeer.

I will friend all Perfect managers. Please friend me back. Thanks!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 PM   #2432
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I finally have my team ready for this. I have purged all Live and Future players. My team is the Cigar City lagers in the Perfect league. Manager name is CigarsandBeer.

I will friend all Perfect managers. Please friend me back. Thanks!
Welcome! That is some rotation you have. Don't forget JD Martinez. :P

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #2433
KWhit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Welcome! That is some rotation you have. Don't forget JD Martinez. :P
I already replaced him. He'll be gone at the next sim.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:06 AM   #2434
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Ewa Beach just can't get pull away from the Armadillos. The Fighting Chickens play another crucial series with them at the end of the month.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:06 AM   #2435
KWhit
Major Leagues

But don't count me for this week's standings, since I had some Live & Future players for most of this week.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:15 AM   #2436
Magus978
All Star Starter

Now the Patriots are on a 9 game winning streak. It's like this team does the opposite of what I tell'em to do. I'm gonna tell'em to lose all 162 next week.

Though I still don't think we're going to the playoffs. This run was way too early.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:42 AM   #2437
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
But don't count me for this week's standings, since I had some Live & Future players for most of this week.
Hey, nice to see your Cigar City Lagers in Our League. I've been in a lot of the same leagues as you over the seasons. Was great to see you beat that whale out for the Diamond Series one year.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:44 AM   #2438
KWhit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Hey, nice to see your Cigar City Lagers in Our League. I've been in a lot of the same leagues as you over the seasons. Was great to see you beat that whale out for the Diamond Series one year.
Haha, yeah. That was fun.

And that's what I love about this game. I enjoy playing against teams that should be better than me and seeing how I stack up. And when it goes well, it's SO rewarding.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:59 AM   #2439
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Haha, yeah. That was fun.

And that's what I love about this game. I enjoy playing against teams that should be better than me and seeing how I stack up. And when it goes well, it's SO rewarding.
That's exactly why I stay f2p. I feel great when I upset the whales. When I lose, well, I am supposed to lose to them anyway.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:11 AM   #2440
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

All the OL teams are putting forth a good showing in perfect. Pretty much only below the whales in the standings.