Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Traded players on previous teams' 40-man roster

In my online league, there was a trade and the players are playing for their new teams, however they still appear on their previous teams' 40-man roster. I'm commish of the league and cannot figure out how to assign them to their new teams 40-man. I even tried deleting one of the players from the league and yet still is on the 40-man.

Any suggestions?
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

The only time I have seen this I processed the trade and then imported a teams export. It screwed the whole trade situation up and basically cloned players.
Have you looked at histories to see if the 2nd set has a history, do they have the same player ID numbers, which players have the trade in their history and if you look in the transaction log where do the player links take you. I would make a backup of where you are now to be safe.

If you have not simmed a day you may need to get a new league file, imports, reprocess trades and sim.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

assuming it isn't challenge mode, a "comissioner" can fix it.

write down contract so you can recreate it when down...

release to FA. remove any residual salary being paid and then reassign to the correct team and re-do the contract for years left.

this also happens if a 'comissioner' moves a player in the minors who is also on the 40-man roster. recreateable / 100% consistent behaviour in that context.

if a player is in minors and 40man, move to mlb before moving them via comissioner mode. could be a sign of improprioty. maybe just coincidental reasons of similar nature too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
The only time I have seen this I processed the trade and then imported a teams export. It screwed the whole trade situation up and basically cloned players.
Have you looked at histories to see if the 2nd set has a history, do they have the same player ID numbers, which players have the trade in their history and if you look in the transaction log where do the player links take you. I would make a backup of where you are now to be safe.

If you have not simmed a day you may need to get a new league file, imports, reprocess trades and sim.
That is exactly how this happened! How were you able to correct it?
Old 12-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
assuming it isn't challenge mode, a "comissioner" can fix it.

write down contract so you can recreate it when down...

release to FA. remove any residual salary being paid and then reassign to the correct team and re-do the contract for years left.

this also happens if a 'comissioner' moves a player in the minors who is also on the 40-man roster. recreateable / 100% consistent behaviour in that context.

if a player is in minors and 40man, move to mlb before moving them via comissioner mode. could be a sign of improprioty. maybe just coincidental reasons of similar nature too.
I am the commissioner. I could not release the player on the old team. Even acting as that teams GM. I could only delete. Even after deleting, player was still on roster. I may need to sim one day as previously suggested.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #6
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBSU View Post
That is exactly how this happened! How were you able to correct it?
Make a copy of your *******.lg folder and name it something ******brokentrade.lg (or something) and make sure you can open it in the OOTP load game screen. This is th emost important thing to do.

Next check with your GMs to see if anyone has not updated the file since the sim before the trade.

Have you uploaded the broken trade file to the server?

I have done it more than once. One time I found a GM who had a non updated files, had them zip the .dats to me and reran the sim.

Have you simmed a day or just processed the trade?
If oyu have simmed you may have to go back and resim or delete the new teams players, move their players back to their team in commissioner mode and then rerun the trade.

If you have not simmed then check the player IDs in the player editor. If they are the same you probably have to rerun the sim with a non-updated file. If the player IDs are different figure out the new teams player and try to delete them then run the sim.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I am wondering if the players in question at the time of looking at it. If they were still on player on designated for assignment tab yet and haven't been put on the roster yet or depending on what time of year they were loaned out like to the WBL ??
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #8
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post

Have you simmed a day or just processed the trade?
If oyu have simmed you may have to go back and resim or delete the new teams players, move their players back to their team in commissioner mode and then rerun the trade.
The trade happened in the previous season. It was a non-issue for the two teams because they were below their 40-man limit. Now, with the new season ready to start, they need that spot these traded players occupy. Do you think your suggestion of creating a different .lg folder and having the GMs send .dat files would still work since there have been several sims since the initial trade?
Old 12-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am the commissioner. I could not release the player on the old team. Even acting as that teams GM. I could only delete. Even after deleting, player was still on roster. I may need to sim one day as previously suggested.
yeah, then that's a bit more going wrong then when i see a player on the wrong 40-man.

have backup - even temp rename directory so you don't accidentally copy over out of habit. sim a day.. .try a purge of db? althogh if the record isn't deleted, that won't do a thing but screw up player links as playerIDs shift around.

side note if motivated. if you can map out and recreate how it happened, that would be a useful bug report thread. if it's glitchy or resulted from some external problem like a power outage or something, that's just bad luck.

obviously can't go back to the import date? this is one of those times i may use a second 'full' backup at that date, then keep an incremental one going after an import or major change. i bet one of the playerID's do not exist or got duplicated? something funky clearly happened on the import and the dB doesn't like it.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-08-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #10
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Did you check the player IDs?
I think you will need to delete or retire 1/2 of the cloned players. If they will not delete/retire from their original team then try the other team.
Post here about player IDs.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #11
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

The players are not cloned. If they are, I do not know how to tell. When I check the player ID on both teams, it's the same.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

player id cannot be repeated... they need to be unique and in this case, sequentially created too. even a cloned player has a unique ID.

this will cause all sorts of odd problems, if it is the case. did you try to add a player with an export/import? don't do that, if not... if you did, that's the cause. cannot create players through an exported/re-imported hand-editted list of league players. historical players have a process that allows such a thing, but a bit different context.

i don't know how you'd fix this easily.

i guess you could export all players (if even possible, plus if oyu delete players they don't get exported but do have an ID), then sort 'table' by the player id column. scroll to duplicate and look for a 'gap' in #'s nearby, lol... even that may not help, because no guarantee the missing playerid is the original player id for tha tplayer..

delete one... may want to export delete row for a duplicate, then re-import... deleting in game may end up deleting both players... either way screenshot him or something so you can re-create him... fixed either way you choose i guess.

assuming none of this has corrupted your db... if you still see odd tihngs aftward, it's likely toast and unfixable without a backup restore from before the corruption. definitely keep eye on next batch of created players for draft or feeders etc... after any 'fix'

Last edited by NoOne; 12-21-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #13
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The players are not cloned. If they are, I do not know how to tell. When I check the player ID on both teams, it's the same.
Here is the first work around I would try.
1) Make a back up of the league. You will need this if it takes 2-3 attempts to fix the problem.
2) Look in the players histories, do all histories show? I think they will.
3) Release all of the players traded and see if the extras disappear in FA.
4) If they do then manually move them to the correct teams.
5) If they do not they try to delete 1/2 of the duplicates in FA.

Let me know where you end up.